another dumb question
    I think I probably know what you're going to say but am going to get your opinions anyway. Do any of you affiliate yourselves with sites that have the G ads on them? I don't have them on my site because it just seems to me you're inviitng your visitors to go purchase somewhere else. But....if others look at it differently would love to hear your opinions.
    My question is...I'm affiliated with a site (haven't been for too long) I've been sending visitors to it everyday but not getting sales. I personally like the merchanidese but don't know what others think. I was curious so visited the site and found that right next to some of the products are the G ads. So.....have a feeling that might be the reason. Do the rest of you still affiliate yourselves with sites that do have the G ads on them?

This is definitely a big no-no for merchants. I would write to their affiliate manager and complain about the AdSense ads. This is a huge leak and merchants really shouldn't do this if they know what's good for them. If they won't remove them entirely, they need to at least remove them for customers following an affiliate link. This is the least they can do. If they refuse to do both drop them and be sure to let your fellow ABWers know which merchant to avoid.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Thanks Scott That's what I had thought, too but wanted to check with others before I wrote them. Hope they do remove them because I did like their site but it's pretty pointless to stay with them if they don't. Didn't actually complain to them just told them I had spoken with other affiliates and they said it was a no no and I wanted to make them aware of that in case they didn't realize it. So...will wait and see what their response is.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    As an affiliate manager I am against merchant sites that run Ad Sense along side thier products. It just shows a lack of commitment to making their pages convert. And that they realize they have great traffic and want to make money on the traffic. It shows a lack of respect for their affiliate partners.

One of the saddest situations in the business is when merchants don't unserstand that not only are they responsible for great products and pricing but also for working the product page so they convert. How useless is it to send traffic just to find out that the site has low conversion.

The ultimate answer is to let the affiliate place products directly into the shopping cart. That takes away any distractions, up sells, other sells, etc. Online shoppers are very savvy these days and are price shopping for a specific product so let them buy it.

Thank you very much for your thoughts, too

Unless they pay on a CPC basis, stay clear!
    [SIZE=2]John Dalton[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Director of Business Development,[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][URL=http://www.leadflash.com][COLOR=Orange]LeadFlash.com[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][I]It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end[/I][/SIZE]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread