Do CJ delay the payment for the new publisher even they closed the commisions?
    Do CJ delay the payment for the new publisher even they closed the commisions? i am waiting for my first cheque. my balance was not dropped yet. how long i need to wait for my first cheque?

June 29th
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

WOW! It seems that a lot of people are asking payment questions. Mariakate3 why don't you post all your questions in one thread?

hello kate
    hi,
    well it seems that nobody is willing to answer the question, that is weired, let me know if you have any news, thank you,
    yours,
    Tim

I guess you will receive your first payment around July 22th if you haven't received it this month. That's how things worked for me.

READ Please...
    Quote Originally Posted by mariakate3
    Do CJ delay the payment for the new publisher even they closed the commisions? i am waiting for my first cheque. my balance was not dropped yet. how long i need to wait for my first cheque?
    Just spend some serious time looking up the answers in the account manager help screens or perhaps in the info for new applications. I know I read about all of these things you are asking but I just don't recall where. You will be amazed at how much other info you will read about which might prevent the need to ask those questions here. I am not being rude, just read through the help screens. Do some searches. Read the aggreements before the application. It's all there if you will just take the time to read it.. I hated reading it too... But I think many memebers in this forum agree that they did their homework and they are not aboput to spoon feed someone who is not willing to do the research themselves....

I mean SHEEEEESH!!! Already!!!
    The best things in life are not things at all...

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateFriendly
    WOW! It seems that a lot of people are asking payment questions. Mariakate3 why don't you post all your questions in one thread?

Question arises for me now and then. I hope so i am posting only different questions in all my threads. Not the one i did before i got some advice from a friend here.

Quote Originally Posted by wristmart
    hi,
    well it seems that nobody is willing to answer the question, that is weired, let me know if you have any news, thank you,
    yours,
    Tim
    Wrist mart,

I have no good news yet. Balance not dropping down. Emailed CJ 3 days before on this but no reply yet. Their period of 72 hours got over already. Hmmmmm...... I am not sure what else i want to do with CJ.

Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet
    I guess you will receive your first payment around July 22th if you haven't received it this month. That's how things worked for me.

Money business said, it may be around june 29th. I was happy And your saying july 22nd.... Bit saddened. Opinion differs.... I feel, that is why need i need to post it in forum to get diff guys answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    Just spend some serious time looking up the answers in the account manager help screens or perhaps in the info for new applications. I know I read about all of these things you are asking but I just don't recall where. You will be amazed at how much other info you will read about which might prevent the need to ask those questions here. I am not being rude, just read through the help screens. Do some searches. Read the aggreements before the application. It's all there if you will just take the time to read it.. I hated reading it too... But I think many memebers in this forum agree that they did their homework and they are not aboput to spoon feed someone who is not willing to do the research themselves....

I mean SHEEEEESH!!! Already!!!

Dear Airstrip,

Thanks for taking pains in writing me. You may not know i have done what you said already. I have gone through help screen many times. Yes, as you said, i was amazed by the info therein. Things are not the same like they said there. To prove it, please look down the thing i pasted below from help tab in CJ.

========================================================
    PAYMENT FOR NEW PUBLISHERS
    ============
    Scenario #2
    Publisher joins Commission Junction on December 18th.

Publisher earns less than the minimum payment amount (as defined above) from December 18th-31st.

Publisher earns in excess of the minimum payment amount from January 1st -31st.

Publisher will receive commission check at the end of February.
    ======================================================

This is just an example and i have many things to prove what they said there is not implemented in practical. If so i would have get my balance dropped this time. They also mentioned there, CJ will cut the check around 20th of every month. They didnt in my case. Even i am a new publisher... they must have done it (as they said like the above scenario) about payment for new publishers. But the fact is they failed to keep up their words.

I dont hate reading actually. I heard many of them got some epacks CD to know about this affiliate marketting(to my knowledge) but i dont and i just got in only by going through internet. Whatever, CJ help tab has many options and Q & A's but i dont really ensure all they said is all they are doing so.

I did a lot of homeworks before getting into CJ and still doing it..... So it is not that i need things spoon feeded. I know opinion differs and i need to know whether this is all happening for me, or it would have happened for others too in CJ. I dont get these in CJ help screens.

I never thing your rude. I know. Just go ahead and please help me to get soultions which i havent find in CJ help screens and in my searches. I do accept with you all and may not sometimes. Thanks for everything this forum did for me.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    mariakate3,

Generally: If you are operating in the USA and have gotten your W9 tax ID form into CJ and are sure they have it ... AND ... your commissions which are closed are more than $25.00 ... AND ... when you look at the Run Reports tab -> under Current Balance (June, 2006) -> Publisher Payments, if it shows a balance in ()'s, then you should be receiving a payment fairly soon. Mine was sent on 20-June-2006. I can see this date by clicking the blue "Payment Status" link at the very top of CJ Account Manager.

So, there are two places to look in order to figure out if you are entitled to a payment (shows up in "Run Reports" tab after the 10th each month) and if it has been sent out (generally shows after the 19th or 20th of each month -- the "Payment Status" link). If there's a problem and you think you should be entitled to have a payment coming, click on "Contact Us" and Ask A Question.

All that being said, for some reason the time it takes from being supposedly sent in Payment Status, to the time it shows up in my mailbox up here in NY, is usually a week or even more. That seems slow for the postal system so I figure CJ's idea of the word "sent" is different from mine. So I'm expecting my check to be here by about June 27th.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by spacedog
    mariakate3,

Generally: If you are operating in the USA and have gotten your W9 tax ID form into CJ and are sure they have it ... AND ... your commissions which are closed are more than $25.00 ... AND ... when you look at the Run Reports tab -> under Current Balance (June, 2006) -> Publisher Payments, if it shows a balance in ()'s, then you should be receiving a payment fairly soon. Mine was sent on 20-June-2006. I can see this date by clicking the blue "Payment Status" link at the very top of CJ Account Manager.

So, there are two places to look in order to figure out if you are entitled to a payment (shows up in "Run Reports" tab after the 10th each month) and if it has been sent out (generally shows after the 19th or 20th of each month -- the "Payment Status" link). If there's a problem and you think you should be entitled to have a payment coming, click on "Contact Us" and Ask A Question.

All that being said, for some reason the time it takes from being supposedly sent in Payment Status, to the time it shows up in my mailbox up here in NY, is usually a week or even more. That seems slow for the postal system so I figure CJ's idea of the word "sent" is different from mine. So I'm expecting my check to be here by about June 27th.

Hope this helps.

Hi Friend,

I have submitted my tax form and everthing.... $0.00 in publishers payment..... CJ interface..... Showing "Unresolved" for 4 days and i have nothing to do with CJ. Oh God! CJ is making me sick... Do ya know something... if you search for the "New Publisher" in search tab, it shows, if a new publisher joined CJ on December and crossed the minimum payout on December 31st, new publisher will get the commision check at the end of the January. When being said, i dunno why they are delaying this much time. I got signed up on Apr 18th.. and didnt get my first check till date. Hmmmmmm.....

Kate.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    I'd call up CJ by phone. There are other variables that might delay payment as well. For example, the merchant(s) haven't kept up with paying CJ on time, and therefore CJ won't pay you. Also the sh*t may be starting to hit the fan because of all the LMI changes that CJ is putting into place as of today. I can imagine there are going to be lots of problems as they implement it. Call them up, and good luck. Not much more that we ABWers can advise you, I think. Keep adding more merchants that look promising, join ShareASale.com and other affiliate networks, and "diversify" your marketing with lots of merchants in different niches so you can make a lot more commissions. Then if you lose a few (or payments are late) it won't be as traumatic.

status details
    Status

Description

Action Required

New

This is a new commissionable action (sale, lead, etc.). Advertisers may correct a new commission as many times as they wish before it becomes Locked. Commissions are normally locked after the 10th of the month, unless the advertiser extends the commission.

Advertisers review commissions in their Commission reports (Run Reports tab). They may extend or correct the commission.

Extended

An advertiser may extend a commission until the next locking date in order to provide themselves more time to review the action. An advertiser may also un-extend an Extended commission (return the commissionís status to New), if they no longer wish to move the commission to the next monthís locking process. An advertiser may only extend a commission for one month beyond its normal locking date. Within that time frame, however, they may extend and un-extend it as many times as they wish.

Advertisers review commissions in their Commission reports (Run Reports tab). They may correct the commission or return the commission to the New status.

After the 10th of each month, all commissions in the New status with an event date in the prior month (including those that were in the Extended status from a previous month) become locked for processing. Commission Junction reviews all Locked commissions before they are Closed. At this point, advertisers may longer correct or extend the commission.

Commission Junction reviews the commission and may make corrections during the review process.

Closed

After Commission Junction reviews the Locked commission and approves the commission for payment, the commission status switches from Locked to Closed.

No further action is required. Closed commissions are processed into payment transactions and included in the next check to publishers.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread