Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GoldenCAN alternative?
    Does anyone know if there's an alternative to GoldenCAN? I've read good things about their service, but the 'every 4th click goes to them' is a little steep for me. I'm essentially giving up 25% of my earnings.

Does anyone have a good alternative?

not all 4th clicks go to goldencan - they have plenty of "free" merchants

http://www.goldencan.com/Merchants/G...Merchants.aspx

Hand coding, webmerge, DRMs?

Or are you setting up the thread for a whamy intro spamola post for an alternative?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

A few emails huh? Really from whom? AppleFREAKINGsauce!
    I've gotten a few emails about this place over the last week:

[Removed]

I signed up, seems similar to Goldencan, same 4th click on some, free merchants.. Looks to have a few more features.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; June 23rd, 2006 at 01:05 AM.

Told ya so.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Ok, looks like I'm getting falsely accused of something since my post was edited... So here are the emails I've received... I was just answering the guys question!

I received these emails, looks like Goldencan which works fine, this place has a few other free merchants, so I don't see the problem???

I posted the one's from Acme & Betamonline. When I browsed their site I saw closeout and wireless emporium as free merchants so I signed up.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Email from Acme Hardware on June 12th-->

Announcement for AcmeHardware Affiliate Tools at DataFeedFile.com

+ =
    YOU + AcmeHardware + DataFeedFile.com = SUCCESS !

DataFeedFile.com (DFF) now has tools for AcmeHardware you can use on your website.
    All affiliates of AcmeHardware can now display products from AcmeHardware using DFF
    Search Engine, Rebates/Coupons/Deals, Price Comparison and Banners.

DFF tools are easy to use. You do not have to know programming to use them.
    You can display all content of AcmeHardware data feed without any downloading, updating and programming.
    Never worry about doing updates ever again.

DFF affiliate tools are group by technologies listed below:

JAVASCRIPTS
    Javascripts are easy to implement into your website by inserting one or a few lines of HTML codes. Most Javascripts are very easy to use, takes less than 5 minutes to implement and will not be penalized for duplicate content by search engine robots.

AcmeHardware Product Search Engine
    Shop AcmeHardware by Category
    Shop AcmeHardware by Brand
    Shop AcmeHardware using Rebates/Coupons/Deals
    Price Comparison Shopping
    Price Comparison Banners
    AcmeHardware Products Banners

XML
    Google and Yahoo are deleting affiliate web pages from their engine for containing affiliate related content. Now you can fight back! Using DFF's XML web service, you can retreive raw data in real-time and display them using your own style, look and feel.
    Using DFF's XML web service your web pages will always be unique from all other affiliates and Google/Yahoo can will not know about the affiliate related content.

XML + PHP/ASP/JSP/CGI...
    Using XML web service require more advanced programming using dynamic scripting languages such as PHP, ASP, JSP, CGI and more.
    We have provided the following examples as a basic Quick Start guide for parsing the XML data and displaying them.

XML + PHP

PHP Static Output in Plain HTML
    If your webserver support PHP or if you have written your website using PHP, you are in luck.
    PHP support the capability to run and display remote PHP scripts from another server. By using this technique, you simply add an "include" PHP command to our PHP scripts from our server. The PHP scripts executes on our server but the result will be shown in STATIC HTML towards the client.
    Meaning, the client never know the about the dynamic nature of the script. The client accepts the display result in Plain HTML therefore 100% SEO friend without much effort.

DFF tools and services are provide for AcmeHardware affiliates for no charge. DFF will receive compensation by substituting every 4th click from your website towards AcmeHardware's website.

For more information and question, please try AcmeHardware FAQ / DFF's Affiliate FAQ or
    Ask DataFeedFile.com directly using DFF's Contact Form.

From Betamonline on June 12th-->

DataFeedFile.com (DFF) now has tools for Betamonline.com you can use on your website.
    All affiliates of Betamonline.com can now display products from Betamonline.com using DFF
    Search Engine, Rebates/Coupons/Deals, Price Comparison and Banners.

DFF tools are easy to use. You do not have to know programming to use them.
    You can display all content of Betamonline.com data feed without any downloading, updating and programming.
    Never worry about doing updates ever again.

DFF affiliate tools are group by technologies listed below:

JAVASCRIPTS
    Javascripts are easy to implement into your website by inserting one or a few lines of HTML codes. Most Javascripts are very easy to use, takes less than 5 minutes to implement and will not be penalized for duplicate content by search engine robots.

XML
    Google and Yahoo are deleting affiliate web pages from their engine for containing affiliate related content. Now you can fight back! Using DFF's XML web service, you can retreive raw data in real-time and display them using your own style, look and feel.
    Using DFF's XML web service your web pages will always be unique from all other affiliates and Google/Yahoo can will not know about the affiliate related content.

XML + PHP/ASP/JSP/CGI...
    Using XML web service require more advanced programming using dynamic scripting languages such as PHP, ASP, JSP, CGI and more.
    We have provided the following examples as a basic Quick Start guide for parsing the XML data and displaying them.

PHP Static Output in Plain HTML
    If your webserver support PHP or if you have written your website using PHP, you are in luck.
    PHP support the capability to run and display remote PHP scripts from another server. By using this technique, you simply add an "include" PHP command to our PHP scripts from our server. The PHP scripts executes on our server but the result will be shown in STATIC HTML towards the client.
    Meaning, the client never know the about the dynamic nature of the script. The client accepts the display result in Plain HTML therefore 100% SEO friend

DFF tools and services are provide for Betamonline.com affiliates for no charge. DFF will receive compensation by substituting every 4th click from your website towards Betamonline.com's website.

For more information and question, please try Betamonline.com FAQ / DFF's Affiliate FAQ

http://www.datafeedfile.com/affiliat...line.com-55174

http://www.datafeedfile.com/affiliat...line_com-55174

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This message was sent by one of
    your Merchant Partners, Betamonline.com,
    at www.shareasale.com.

If you do not wish to receive email from this Merchant,
    please remove yourself from their Affiliate Program.

-shareasale.com

No we never get someone who negatively, or proactively posts so that a newb can follow up ...

.... what is it, some one is handing out stupid pills?
    Continued Success,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Not following this thread. Someone asked for an alternative, someone posted one. I remember seeing it in an email but haven't checked it out. Is there something wrong with it or something?

Well, I'm only good at reading between the lines when it comes to LinkShare. I have not a clue what the above posts mean. Did something get deleted?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Yes I edited it. They can re spam at will.

[I also edited this post - I was out of line ]
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Haiko,

I'm still not following you... First you edit my response to the original poster asking for alternatives and accuse me of basically providing false information by adding this to my post:

"A few emails huh? Really from whom? AppleFREAKINGsauce! "

So I do what I thought you would want, I post the emails I received from my merchants who informed me of this service.

Then you post this, calling me stupid:

"what is it, some one is handing out stupid pills?"

If you have had some issues with the providers of this service, how am I supposed to know that???

You can tell I don't post a lot, but I've been here since January 2005 reading the forum on basically a daily basis. I finally step up when I find a post where I think I can provide a person an answer to a question they are asking and I start getting accused of things that I didn't do.. Then I post the emails and get called stupid... All because I participate and answered somone's question...

Oh Fudge Ripple, just post the link again.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Hi,

I've been researching this issue so I thought I would share my thoughts.

I currently use GoldenCan on one of my sites. I mainly use their all in one module. Many merchants are free of the fourth click requirement, and I'm willing to trade some of my clicks for the plug and play ease of GoldenCan.

What I don't like about GoldenCan is that it isn't a comparison shopping engine. You can browse or search for products within specific stores, but it doesn't have a comparison feature. I also think the coupon modules could be improved. I think GoldenCan will continue to improve.

I just read the comparison shopping article in Revenue Magazine. Basically, online shopping is sub-par unless it is a comprison shopping engine. If shoppers can't compare the same or similar products at the same time, they will find somewhere they can. The article also said comparison shopping sites had much better conversion rates.

The big comparison shopping engines (shopping.com, shopzilla, pricegrabber, etc...) are starting to allow co-branding for select publishers, but it is not widespread yet. With all of the competition I am hoping it will soon be possible to choose which technology I want to use and co-brand with my sites. I hope I will also be able to use specific sections of the comparison technology for my niche market sites.

I'm looking for a comparison shopping partner so either GoldenCan will improve or the big daddies of comparison shopping sites will start to have a more open affiliate/co-brand strategy to extend the reach of their technology.

Anyone know of a comparison shopping site that allows co-brands or affiliates right now?

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by OICUAM2; June 23rd, 2006 at 01:55 AM.

This is getting silly already!

How many newbs does it take to:

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    ... post the link again.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Quote Originally Posted by praytoday
    I've gotten a few emails about this place over the last week...
    They are very agressive. I got proposals from them around three weeks ago. Looked into it. Had one of my programs join. We'll see what happens... I got only 1 sign-up within 3 weeks so far.

Quote Originally Posted by praytoday
    I signed up, seems similar to Goldencan, same 4th click on some, free merchants.. Looks to have a few more features.
    They do not have as many free merchants, are not as active and well-known in the AM industry as Asif is, do not have quite the selection of merchants that GoldenCAN has + Asif is working on new and exciting things now, while the DFF is building the list of merchants and reaching out to affiliates. Asif's been there first, and - as always - it matters a lot.

DFF has a future, but the idea is basically a GoldenCAN's one. This is important to realize...

Geno

i know this one too.
    May be more coming in future.

i like an alternative that can offer what goldencan does not.
    if it is just very similar, i will stick to GC

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    DFF has a future, but the idea is basically a GoldenCAN's one. This is important to realize...

Geno
    DFF may have a future if they understand buss ethics.

1) You don't copy an idea, phrase and mark and claim it's yours.
    2) You don't claim that your version is much better and put down GoldenCAN on emails.
    3) YOU DON'T ADD MERCHANTS WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION.
    4) You don't have fake affiliates email you to "activate" your DFF account.
    5) You don't go behind AM's or OPM's back and convince the merchant that your idea is new and the best thing since sliced bread.
    6) You don't apply again to a program that has deactivated your affiliate status and sent you an email explaining why.

I sent an email to the DFF affiliate, yes, they are an affiliate. I told them why I was not happy with their approach, I told them we have deactivated their affiliate status on SAS on all our merchants due to their approach and adding merchants without our permission. What do they do? The signed back up a few days ago.

Folks, one aspect of this business we hold in very high regard is honesty and loyalty. Asif developed the 4th click concept, that's his idea. That's his mark. GoldenCAN and the 4th click are the same.

Develop a tool, call it 5th click, call it 25% share, call it freaking potatoes, don't matter what you call it but don't copy and put down a company that has worked so hard and developed great tool with the highest of ethics. Those of you that know Asif know exactly what i'm talking about.

DFF may have a great product, the way it was "shoved down" was a big turn off.

Off I go to deactivate their SAS affiliate accounts again....

*** end of rant, the above is my opinion and my opinion alone.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    OK here goes,

We were also contacted by DFF..

>> I sent an email to the DFF affiliate, yes, they are an affiliate.

Yep. They wanted into AvantLink as an Affiliate. This did not fit with what we're trying to do namely b/c it meant DFF signing up sub-Affiliates on behalf of our merchants. It was explained that we have a thorough screening process and that sub-Affiliate were not permitted in AvantLink. Instead of understanding we were told how much business we were missing out on.

And yes I also thought they were way too aggressive in their approach. This turned me off.

Also, GoldenCAN was referred to in negative light and 'with limited scope' in our conversation and I thought that was also a big turn off. I don't know Asif personally, but I have heard and read enough to know that he's a stand-up guy. And his product(s) are quality.

From what I read in this thread, I thought the emails (posted above) on their behalf were not well written. I thought a lot of language to describe the PHP, web service and XML options read very familar to our first product DynamicWebSource and now some of our existing products at AvantLink. So we feel a bit copied, too.

When I explained why we couldn't have them as an Affiliate I was just lectured about how we shouldn't look at them as a competitor when they could drive more traffic than any Affiliate in our network. I did not like that comment one bit.

Ok just wanted to share my experience.. Gary M

Thanks for everyone's reply. I didn't realize I would open up such a can of worms. I honestly was just trying to get as much information as I can before I signed up for a program like GoldenCan (like I said, I've heard good things about them and wasn't trying to suggest otherwise). It's just that the 4th click idea is a new one for me since I come from a different affiliate industry. (online poker is under a lot of legal scrutiny right now, so I decided to branch out into more mainstream advertising). I did get some valuable bits of knowledge from the replies though:

1) I think I'll sign up and try the free merchants first. If it works well and proves to be a time saver, I can add the 4th click merchants. If the service is good, I should be willing to pay my fair share.

2) Although there seems to be some negativity surrounding DFF, I think it's a good thing that they've joined the game. We now have competition. Competition always brings better offerings for us affiliates. Maybe we'll see more free merchants, maybe better options (like the comparison shopping idea), or maybe we'll see better rates (like a 5th click).

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SDF
    Thanks for everyone's reply. I didn't realize I would open up such a can of worms.
    SDF, so how is Texas these days? You know, it's such a coincidence that DFF is also in Texas. You may want to look them up and visit ....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Whoa, I think I'm being accused of something here that I'm not guilty of. Funny thing is, I just signed up for the GoldenCan service because it seems to be the better of the two. I won't try to defend myself any further than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    ...Folks, one aspect of this business we hold in very high regard is honesty and loyalty. Asif developed the 4th click concept, that's his idea. That's his mark. GoldenCAN and the 4th click are the same.

Develop a tool, call it 5th click, call it 25% share, call it freaking potatoes, don't matter what you call it but don't copy and put down a company that has worked so hard and developed great tool with the highest of ethics. Those of you that know Asif know exactly what i'm talking about...
    AND

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    Also, GoldenCAN was referred to in negative light and 'with limited scope' in our conversation...
    Andy, Gary, thanks for sharing what you've shared above. I have not heard anything bad said about Asif or GoldenCAN by them, but I trust you, and Asif is much more than a partner. He is a friend, a hard-working and a highly respected one. I am joining the club in deactivating their affiliate account and supporting only one 4th-click-guy.

Geno

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    SDF,

GoldenCAN has allot of FREE merchants see here

An affiliate pointed me over to DFF. DFF called me back in May and politely asked me to review it. They did not speak negative about GC to me. I had no negative approach from them, etc. There were some differences and I saw some top merchants. I asked DFF if they had received oks from networks, AMs and merchants that were listed and they said yes and were also contacting everyone just as they contacted me.

It's good to have freedom of enterprise, and options, it helps each other get better, but at the same time I told DFF, they had good features, but Asif was my friend and I would not comment or review as to the differences, compare or talk about pricing models etc from either one or vise versa. Not my style.

As suggested, I think it would be a good idea too for DFF to use a diff approach and the term(s) such as '5th Click", or other. GC did have 4th Click™ and "FREE of 4th Click™ first in the business model, so perhaps a change from DFF as to not confuse would be good.

Asif knows, I, Jrami support him and GoldenCAN 100%. Asif knows becasue I pointed him over to DFF back in May to let him know, incase he wondered later.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Guys don't get me wrong.. DFF didn't 'bash' GoldenCAN. GC was just referred by name to me as being limited, and that their (DFF) product was far superior. The main thing I was turned off by was their aggressiveness and also in their response to me when I respectfully declined them as an Affiliate.. Gary M

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I am quite happy with GoldenCan and the program is getting better daily. The key nw I think will be to get more merchants there. I'm hoping you consider them Gary I had one merchant I was talking to that said they used this other place and I told them I used GoldenCan. If I have a chance when talking to a merchant I try to urge them into looking into GoldenCan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast