Arrow And they start to drop....
    Dear Commission Junction Publisher:
    Video Professor is constantly striving to stay on top as the leader in computer learning instructions, both for online and CDs. In that regard, Video Professor makes decisions daily that affect those who help to promote our products. This letter gives you advance notice of a change within Video Professor's third-party Publisher program with Commission Junction.

Effective close of business on September 7, 2006, Video Professor will no longer promote our offers through Commission Junction. After that date, URLs to our offers will no longer be active and banners will be expired in the Commission Junction interface. We will not be able to compensate any Commission Junction Publishers for orders that are received after 11:59 p.m. on September 7, 2006.
    and counting..

Zaptel phone cards is leaving them too. They contacted me last week to join their new private program.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I'd love to see this thread grow and grow!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I got one from PhotoAlley.com

Well, we really don't know if it is because of LMI or not, but it sure would be interesting to know for sure. I know a couple of CJ merchants have told me they will work outside of CJ to retain affiliates. Seems silly for them to pay CJ for their services when they have to use their own internal programs to retain top affiliates, but their are problems with leaving a network all together. Can you imagine the uproar if a merchant left CJ six months after most people changed all their links? Not good, so having a secondary network or program is a smart move right now.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I had 3 more merchants go by the wayside this morning. Add to that, 3 others that left the day after the first announcement of LMI. Funny coincidence.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    I had 3 more merchants go by the wayside this morning. Add to that, 3 others that left the day after the first announcement of LMI. Funny coincidence.
    Oh Please list them....

Quote Originally Posted by apex-auctions
    Oh Please list them....
    Most recent:
    Grand Canyon Tour Company
    Tankless Water Heaters by Low Energy Systems
    all-hotels

Previous:
    hotelguide.com
    Thrifty Car Rental
    Priceline.co.uk Partner Programme
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Yahoo! Autos
    OnlineCruiseAgency.com

And the list grows ....

Come on, eBay! DUMP CJ! Kick them where it hurts.

No, it sounds like ebay just said NO WAY TO JavaScript and CJ could do nothing but say OKAY. Just too bad other merchants are not large enough to say the same thing.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    No, it sounds like ebay just said NO WAY TO JavaScript and CJ could do nothing but say OKAY. Just too bad other merchants are not large enough to say the same thing.
    At this point, it seems to me that it's the merchants who need to take a stand. Unless, of course, they don't see a problem with JS links only or know something we don't.

Affiliates threatening to leave isn't going to make the same impact that merchants leaving will. The network only serves to connect the merchant with the affiliate unless the merchant isn't there. Duh ... Merchants ... what are you all going to do? Stay with CJ or leave? I'd love to see a list of merchants who are staying or leaving ... would make my life so much easier.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Some merchants are setting up affiliate programs at other networks, but still staying with CJ. For instance, Altrec is still at CJ, but also recently became a merchant on AvantLink.

I hope some of my other merchants move to other networks that offer html links--specifically eBags. I plan on contacting them to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyFrog75
    Some merchants are setting up affiliate programs at other networks, but still staying with CJ. For instance, Altrec is still at CJ, but also recently became a merchant on AvantLink.

I hope some of my other merchants move to other networks that offer html links--specifically eBags. I plan on contacting them to find out.
    I contacted the merchants I do well with asking them what they're planning on doing so I can move on or get new links for them elsewhere.
    Last edited by Rexanne; June 25th, 2006 at 04:46 PM. Reason: oooooooops lol
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

ABW Ambassador
    If a merchant has had a program with both CJ & another network in the past I would always use CJ links, now it's the opposite and I will prioritize anything but CJ links. I have also noticed a number of Befree merchants moved to Linkshare lately where I would have normally expected them to go to CJ since Befree is also deteriorating for some time now. Yes there does seem to be a big increase on merchants leaving CJ now like I have never seen before, I would expect a large exodus this coming week if CJ don't put back the legacy links how they were before(as the default links plus the normal way to grab bulk legacy links). I really hope CJ can see the light and quickly take the appropriate steps to save their company as I don't want to see this happen.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I really hope CJ can see the light and quickly take the appropriate steps to save their company as I don't want to see this happen.
    I don't think anyone, except maybe the other networks, wants to see CJ die. They're committing suicide and they don't seem to care.

Maybe they're so tired of us whiny affiliates they'd rather die than keep a network that is affiliate-based alive?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I don't think anyone, except maybe the other networks, wants to see CJ die. They're committing suicide and they don't seem to care.

Maybe they're so tired of us whiny affiliates they'd rather die than keep a network that is affiliate-based alive?
    yeah it does seem very strange, its like they are taking this to the edge to wait to the last minute before they will give up? Any normal company would have quickly made the smart move and listened to their clients/publishers/advertisers and made the appropriate move back to a stable platform and successful business.

Its important for us to voice our disapproval now as this might be the time they are deciding what to do
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Yeah, eBags just completely severed with BeFree and switched over to CJ in May. I really wish they'd picked a different network now.

I made about $19,000 worth of sales for them (earning a 11% commission) last year and while that isn't bad, I'm sure I'm still just a small-fry as far as eBags is concerned. I hope they listen to my plea, because I don't think there is a comparable merchant out their with that kind of commission. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Any normal company would have quickly made the smart move and listened to their clients/publishers/advertisers and made the appropriate move back to a stable platform and successful business.
    What if there is a shift in their business platform?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    What if there is a shift in their business platform?
    I think there is too much inertia there as the Big Ideas come from the top tip of the mountain. And they don't act like a normal company lately.

Also, a normal company would have realized the value of interacting with [some of] us and would have put at least a mouthpiece for the sake of spin in a position of authority of sorts right here.

Does anyone notice the simularity of VC to LinkShare of about a year ago. It was top down at LS and they lost affiiates and merchants. Having a big company buy them up only made matters worse. Now, LS is talking about making a 180 degree turn and be more customer friendly. Sure hope it does not take CJ a year to realize their big mistate with the they way they dicatated eveyone has to use JavaScripts. You'd think one similiar network would learn from the mistakes of others. Guess not.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

History generally repeats itself, that's why the wheel is still round....it did not need to be reinvented.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread