How to get a new (or old) affiliate to post a link.
    Its all too familiar to every affiliate program manager....tons of affiliates join but few ever get so far as to put up a link. So here as we re-launch our independent program we ask "how do we get affiliates to post links?"

We invite anyone in the abw community to post their recommended promotion for consideration and want to say we really appreciate your input.

For example do we.....
    Pay a bounty for link posted?
    Pay an increased commission for the first x dollars of sales
    Pay an increased commission for the first x days of the affiliate relationship
    Offer you free product?

Please...give us direction!!!!
    Reha Kocatas - MagazineAgent.com
    Programs available on Commission Junction and ShareASale.com
    Highest Commissions on Magazine Subscriptions Visit the Magazine-Agent Affiliate Forum

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    I have seen those Post a link bounties... how does it work. I have posted at least one link (for most of my stores more than one by now) and have yet to receive any bounty. Do we need to click thru to confirm it? Or do you go and check?
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

ABW Ambassador
    There's quite a few threads on this, found a couple:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...filiate+active

See a lot more in the Becoming A Merchant Forum:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    There's quite a few threads on this, found a couple:

See a lot more in the Becoming A Merchant Forum:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157
    Yes..I have seen these posts. I was inquiring as to more specific value as opposed to general concepts. Such as what is the value of "X" above that gets affiliates to react.
    Highest Commissions on Magazine Subscriptions Visit the Magazine-Agent Affiliate Forum

If an affiliate is not excited enough about your program to even post a link without being prodded, then why chase them? Even if there are dormant affiliates who have you on their "to do" list, they are not going to do you any good until they and only they decide that they are ready to work on your stuff.

The only thing a link bounty will get you is the free lunch chasers who will take the money and run, or those who are not interested in your program, but who don't mind taking your $5 or $10 if that's what it takes to get you off their back if you're recruiting in the chatroom.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Tax Paying Member
    If you are gona offer incentivies, I would suggest

"Pay an increased commission for the first x dollars of sales"

I for one, am guilty of joing a program and then

1....Not having time to follow through
    2....After joining, finding that the merchant doesn't have exciting banners or I can not get link access to product.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Lightbulb
    after extolling the virtues to be gotten by actually doing something with your program, at least ask why they haven't.

if the links contain seasonal purpose, be ready to suggest those several months before that season shopping starts.

and look at your link/graphic inventory in case something is missing; it could be as simple as a DRM or at least a link where you physically change the deal or the season graphic periodically so the affiliate doesn't have to think about it.

Internet Cowboy
    To be honest with you, I have seen your payouts change too many times in the past year or two. I joined your program, then you changed your payouts, then you changed them again.
    Affiliate marketing is not day trading. I speak for myself, but a program needs stability and consistency as we plan for the long haul.
    Changing your pay structure all the time just doesn't work for me. That is the reason this affiliate joined your program and never ran with it.

Geno at Russian Legacy kick-started me on his programme by offering an increased comission and extended cookies if I placed links within a few days of joining, so I did and they started to sell, so I added plenty more without needing any more prodding. So it worked with me.

I suggest you ask him if he doesn't see this and chime in here.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    To be honest with you, I have seen your payouts change too many times in the past year or two. I joined your program, then you changed your payouts, then you changed them again.
    Affiliate marketing is not day trading. I speak for myself, but a program needs stability and consistency as we plan for the long haul.
    Changing your pay structure all the time just doesn't work for me. That is the reason this affiliate joined your program and never ran with it.
    Thank you! That is GREAT feedback. We have changed our commissions a few times over the last few years but the number change has always been for the better (in agregate) for our affiliates. We did expirement with a product based commission that did not have the expected results and so we changed back recently to a more general compensation model. I never thought that changing commissions was a negative as long as it was for the better of our larger affiliates but I can see the point about consistency. Again...thank you for the feedback.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread