I'm new to SAS -- Question about link tracking
    I just signed up with SAS as I am looking to replace my CJ links.

CJ was the only affiliate program I was with, so was I just spoiled with the detailed link tracking that they provided? I don't see the same ad/website tracking available with SAS. If that is the case, then I will implement phpadsnew unless there are other suggestions for link/click tracking.

Thanks,
    Ric

Animal Lover
    There is a parameter in SAS links that will allow you to put in website info

eg
    http:// www .shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=BANNERID&u=SASAFFID&m=MERCHANTID&urllink=&afftrack=

the afftrack= parameter is where you can put your domain details. Not sure if that's what you're after or if you're after more detailed reporting ie breakdown of sales per domain like what CJ has.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

I was hoping for the detail reports like CJ has. But being able to put a unique identifier for the afftrack= paramater will at least let me know which site is sending the sales.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by oscar
    There is a parameter in SAS links that will allow you to put in website info

eg
    http:// www .shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=BANNERID&u=SASAFFID&m=MERCHANTID&urllink=&afftrack=

the afftrack= parameter is where you can put your domain details. Not sure if that's what you're after or if you're after more detailed reporting ie breakdown of sales per domain like what CJ has.

Oscar
    Thanks for the tip
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Ric,

When you have a sale, you can check Activity Details under Reports/Stats where you will find valuable information like what you are seeking. And if you use the &afftrack= to identify which site the sale came from, that information will be in the Activity Details along with what page the click came from and what link was clicked on. The Transaction ID. will give you the date and time the sale was posted along with the sale amt, your commission, the merchant ID and comments about the sale.

Gene
    TCS

Thanks for the help.

Off Topic: Last night while looking through the merchant list is SAS, I found one that I had wanted to work with for a least a year! I have a niche website and CJ didn't have a compatable merchant, so I ended up with AdSense on it. I contacted the merchant's affiliate manger, got approved in minutes, downloaded the datafeed, purchased and downloaded SAS WebMerge, and am in the process of ftp'ing 3,100 pages up to my website!

Life couldn't be better! Ok, maybe a sale or two would help.

Quote Originally Posted by RH&A
    Thanks for the help.

Off Topic: Last night while looking through the merchant list is SAS, I found one that I had wanted to work with for a least a year! I have a niche website and CJ didn't have a compatable merchant, so I ended up with AdSense on it. I contacted the merchant's affiliate manger, got approved in minutes, downloaded the datafeed, purchased and downloaded SAS WebMerge, and am in the process of ftp'ing 3,100 pages up to my website!

Life couldn't be better! Ok, maybe a sale or two would help.
    Gotta love it!
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Question Out of Curiosity
    What is SAS webmerge?

Thanks.

Doreen

Quote Originally Posted by TheCowboysLady
    What is SAS webmerge?

Thanks.

Doreen
    Hi Doreen,

I haven't used it yet, but I believe Webmerge is a program that will place datafeeds into your web pages. Most webmasters who program datafeeds use a combination of PHP and MySQL and perhaps some other programming languages. Webmerge is for the "technically challenged" who lack advanced PHP & MySQL skills but who would like to use datafeeds in their web sites.

"SAS Webmerge" is a Webmerge tool that is scripted to use datafeeds from Shareasale merchants only.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Web Merge
    Rhia - Thanks. Where did you find webmerge? I don't see it on my tool bar.

You'll love SAS - of all the affiliate programs I belong to this one is the best. The only thing that I prefer on Linkhshare is the reports that are much more easily available and show exactly what was purchased. But I make more money with my SAS links.

Doreen

Hi Doreen,

I am relatively new in terms of affiliating with SAS merchants, but I've made money with CJ & LS merchants so I hope to do well with SAS

You will be interested in this thread where Carolyn announces the special SAS edition of Webmerge:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=74769
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread