Very weird Dreamweaver/browser cache issue?
    Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help me out. Essentially what's happening is this:

When I update my pages, save them, and then upload them to the server, the changes that I made are only reflected at http://www.mysite.com/blahblah and not at http://www.mysite.com/blahblah.html, which is where all the links on my site point.

Sometimes the updates will appear on the blahblah.html page hours later, and other times not at all. I've tried clearing my cache and deleting all temp internet files, and this doesn't seem to make a difference. I just can't figure out why the changes would be accessible on the server without the .html extension, and not with it!

Can anyone advise? I will be eternally grateful, as I'm pulling my hair out here.

Forgot to mention that I am using Dreamweaver to edit and upload my pages. Which just gave me an idea....maybe I should try using Notepad and uploading them using a standalone FTP client to see if this makes any difference....

To see if the file is actually changed, look at your local version of that file in the browser. It's possible that your hosting company could be caching the pages and you only see the changes after the cache expires. If all else fails, try a different browser.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Good suggestion Greg - I just checked and the files ARE updated if I open the file off my HD in Internet Explorer, so maybe it's my host, as you suggested.

I'll now try with Firefox and will see if there's any difference...fingers crossed.

Looks like it's my host after all. Guess there's not much I can do about that issue, unfortunately...but at least I can stop pulling my hair out!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread