ABW Ambassador
    Lightbulb JS Errors & Issues Part1
    I'm going to list all the real examples when they come to hand as I find time to test Javascript, some of these issues might have higher importance for everyone.

Lets start off by validating this code below & looking for potential browser issues in the warnings. This is the first Javascript code I found so I gather most of the others are the same (number changed to 00000).

1./ Copy & paste Code below into the "Validate by Direct Input" box at http://validator.w3.org/

PHP Code:
    [CODE][HTML]<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="http://www.************/placeholder-00000?TARGET=_top&MOUSEOVER=N"></script>[/HTML][/CODE] 
    Have a look at these basic errors that are not validated.

------------------------------------------------------

To Be continued (feel free to post others and lets keep this thread for technical problems and less discussion)...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Lets say I wanted to grab a text link, now I have to click several times to pass through all the reminders of the Javascript Links. This not only means a huge time increase when you can be doing this continually for several hours a day but this is a big production time waster for affiliates that want to still use the legacy links (I think that is at least 90% of us from what I've seen). So if I spent 3 hours a day I may have to now spend 9 hours a day doing the same thing - 3 X clicks instead of 1. For example if I click on a merchant email link, first you have to click "Legacy Link Code (non-Javascript), then you have to click the "access Legacy Code" Form Submit Button then you are finally allowed access to the normal code.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    As posted in another thread and highlighted by another member, You can no longer select multiple legacy links. You are only allowed multi Javascript links. Try this out by selecting a merchant, go to filter and select text links, select several or all text links and click the "Get HTML" Button, then look for legacy link and its not there???

I wrote this off the top of my head but its like that... This is the worst thing I have found that effects our way of doing business as normal and means I can no longer add new merchants as it would take far to long to add all the links. I currently have several hundred merchants I recently signed up with that I can't doing anything with for now until they sort this problem out.

ABW Ambassador
    If you add several Javascript links together on the same page you might get something like this:

Save Up to 75% on Watches + FREE Shipping! Click Here .
    --------------------------
    --------------------------

As you can see they will all be the same even if you used different links, I'm unsure if this always happens but it happened the first time I tried to use multi JS links on the same page? I actually tried using around 20 links like I would normally do with some pages and I got the same above with 20 links all the same even though they were all completely different when I selected them?

Moderators, Is there anyway we can get the issues discovered in the thread by The Hoff that was deleted. There were many and now they are lost.

Thanks for picking this back up so we can start a record of problems.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    If you use some CMS HTML editors then you can not edit the Javascript links again in your CMS. If you do they will not work.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know anything about that 7days but this is just what I'm finding as I work on CJ at the moment.

ABW Ambassador
    The good thing I found is you can use 1 JS link on a page without it effecting your other code too much but anymore than one and your web page slows down quite a bit. So they can have their use but limited. A good way of using them would be to include 1 JS link on top of other promotions you have added using normal links so SEO can be utilized and loading time is not effected too much. Whoever thought that JS links should be the default then they seriously need help with understanding html & related code? Imagine using more than 2 JS links on one page, its just not going to work. Don't forget to clean up the invalid HTML code though if you do use these Javascript links.
    Last edited by glittered; June 24th, 2006 at 02:01 PM.

>> If you add several Javascript links together on the same page you might get something like this:

me too, why ?

the JS load time penalty is too much
    i have just one JS banner on a page, but it loads up much slower, i can't wait but go to other webpage to visit instead, what to speak of more than one JS banners ?

ABW Ambassador
    mine were JS text links but interesting all the same that you have trouble with banners as well.

no , my case is JS text links only

ABW Ambassador
    With the new JS links, there is no longer an "open link in new window option" in the right click menu (this is in both ie 6.??? and Firefox). I've wasted time educating users on using right clicks to compare web sites.

ABW Ambassador
    keep documenting anymore issues you see & thanks for letting us know.

ABW Ambassador
    I noticed if I want to select multi legacy links then selecting the "Use in Email" option looks like it might work. Can anyone tell me if that would be ok or would there be problems using them on a web page?

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread