Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Time to pause all PPC ads!!
    This is rediculous.. Please tell me it's just me!! NO SALES!!!! NONE TODAY!!

Please let me hear all is well with everyone else!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr............ Sometimes CJ!! Often CJ... I just want to
    The best things in life are not things at all...

ABW Ambassador
    I'm getting sales with the normal delay, yesterday was a little slower than usual for me.

Slow, but acceptable here.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Molasses-ized today, but a cookie set from my pages today may be a sale tomorrow. So, I'm not pausing my ads. I just make sure to always bid cheap enough that I end up with a decent profit at the end of the month.

pausing my ppc too

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    This month, though not yet closed, is already my 2nd best month ever. Of course, I don't do jack with CJ.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    This month, though not yet closed, is already my 2nd best month ever. Of course, I don't do jack with CJ.
    We love you Donuts, our SAS merchants love you Donuts, and yes, you are smoking with many of our programs..... have I said we love you ?????
    Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; June 26th, 2006 at 01:06 PM.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Anybody have any links to favorite posts at ABW or elsewhere concerning the economics of PPC for affiliates. I have campainges with MSN, Overture, and adCenter, but have so much to learn. I need to cut the expense of the learning curve.

Most of whats available elsewhere seems to be writen with merchants in mind. What are most folks looking at if they see a datafeed full of products? What inspires a closer look at an individual product? I could dream up all kind of questions.

I'm out of town on a borrowed PC with no spell check and I feel crippled.

I have none today as well.... I also have a horrible click through rate from my landing page to the merchant (between 50% and 75% less than normal)...

Also, everyone be sure to check your existing legacy links. The ones on my site are supposed to land on the second page of a signup form, and now every link is defaulting to page one on the merchants site!!!! Worse yet, the text on the merchant site doesnt match what they are supposed to be signing up for (different service) I know this is hurting my conversions horribly! What I am really afraid of is that my CTR isnt tracking until they click through from the merchants page one...........

I guess i should mention that I tested the java links just to see if they have the same problem and those seem to be working fine.... go figure...

Bottom line, double check all your links if you have the capibility to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Also, everyone be sure to check your existing legacy links. The ones on my site are supposed to land on the second page of a signup form, and now every link is defaulting to page one on the merchants site! ...
    Yes, one of the advertisers I work with told us about the same problem before we even noticed it a couple of days ago and said CJ was diligently working on it. A whole bunch of specific product links simply get dumped to the advertiser's home page. The very problem is still not fixed yet after more than two days. I believe the same problem probably applies to many other advertisers' legacy links. Sigh ...

My sales over the weekend were fine. I don't like the JS links and haven't put a single one on my sites.

It's the beginning of the Summer season.

Donuts,
    im really curious here:
    If you dont work with CJ why are you hanging in the CJ forum and posting in the CJ forum?

Im just trying to understand.
    You see i never use linkshare and i never enter their forum so im trying to learn here.

Just a question.
    Israeli Guy

Thanks for the heads up Josh. I had some product links doing that too.

B

Quote Originally Posted by cctran
    Ya I feel ya... I just want to pause my advertising until September.
    I gotta find out what Donuts is doing right. Maybe he actually sells Donuts?

Donut, tell us your secrets since you don't do CJ anyways.
    We'll chip in and fedex you a dozen donuts.

Internet Cowboy
    Strong weekend and Monday here and I am on CJ. I see no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by felix8
    Donuts,
    im really curious here:
    If you dont work with CJ why are you hanging in the CJ forum and posting in the CJ forum?

Im just trying to understand.
    You see i never use linkshare and i never enter their forum so im trying to learn here.

Just a question.
    I read posts by most recent. I don't browse forum by forum. So I often trip across things in areas like CJ, where my interest has waned. That said, I used to work with CJ a lot, so I do like to keep my eye on what they're doing. I dislike them strongly, but they are a leader - good to watch what the leaders are doing, even when it's shooting themselves in the foot.

In this case, I saw "Time to pause all PPC ads!!" and being a ppc pounder, I popped it open to see what was up. Could be something applicable to CJ, but also applicable elsewhere.

I also read performics posts as well (just another example) and I've never been a member of their network. But again, like to keep my eyes on what's evolving in my industry.

Quote Originally Posted by daweller2
    I gotta find out what Donuts is doing right.
    Focusing primarily on good AMs and that obviously starts with AndyR and any AMs who've been to his seminar and "get" it.

I read posts by most recent. I don't browse forum by forum. So I often trip across things in areas like CJ, where my interest has waned. That said, I used to work with CJ a lot, so I do like to keep my eye on what they're doing. I dislike them strongly, but they are a leader - good to watch what the leaders are doing, even when it's shooting themselves in the foot.

In this case, I saw "Time to pause all PPC ads!!" and being a ppc pounder, I popped it open to see what was up. Could be something applicable to CJ, but also applicable elsewhere.

I also read performics posts as well (just another example) and I've never been a member of their network. But again, like to keep my eyes on what's evolving in my industry.
    Thanks for the good idea about watching other networks forums.
    Israeli Guy

Pausing PPC Campaigns
    Just an FYI for MSN AdCenter users.......I paused several PPC campaigns last night due to a merchant's site having problems. This morning, I resumed the campaigns and they still are not showing up 9 HOURS later. I spoke with a rep. from MSN and he said the normal processing time for resuming campaigns is 3-6 hours, but can often take much longer.

What a joke! Google and Yahoo are both immediate when resuming campaigns. How hard can this be??

Quote Originally Posted by cctran
    Do people spend less online in the summer? (I am still a newbie, if you couldn't tell)

I need to know this before I quit. It's all getting way to expensive with limited results.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Whether it has been in offline businesses over the past 34 years or online businesses the past 10 years I have always seen a bit of a slow down in the summer for "some" businessses. Vacations cost money and so the majority of consumers tend to curb other expenditures during summer. It is also true that in general, consumers spend less time per day online during the sunny long days.

However, I have never paused advertising or backed away from advertising during the summer. In many cases I expand advertising, and for sure I change the nature or scope of the advertising to fit the circumstance. As a result our sales during this summer have remained strong. In fact, June was our biggest month ever, and July has been strong as well. But it all starts with the Seven "P's" Prior Proper Planning Prevents Pi-s Poor Performance.

Solid business performance is created by solid budget and advertising planning. If a business spends everything it makes during the peak selling months, there is a lack of expendable ad capital when times are slow. That is not a product or program weakness, rather, it is a business discipline issue.

I plan my PPC advertising budget on a yearly basis, not day to day. A set percentage of all revenue is earmarked for advertising and promotion, affiliate promotion and support, new product and ad development, and PPC expansion.

As a result our internet presence remains consistent year around. That limits the up and down sales periods and keeps the brand strong. During certain time periods, we also change the direction of ads to fit the times, or featured products in the advertising. June was our best revenue month in four years. July is equalling June or may yet surpass it. I can say without hesitation that it is a bi-product of consistent year around advertising and longevity. Branding and market presence comes from visibility and you can't be visible if you aren't around.

This is perhaps one of my favorite business topics because the REAL underlying (and most important) issue here is business "attitude." If your thinking is right, your results will be right. If we think long term, we will plan accordingly. If we think hand to mouth, we will ride an endless roller coaster of ups and downs.

The moral here? Keep advertising, and when revenues are up, exercise the discipline to expand advertising and earmark funds for the June - August and post Christmas slow down period. If you do, you will not see the same result next summer. If you don't we can pull up these same posts next summer and again in late December.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Fly - we've been running on MSN during the Beta phase and now since they released in May and noticed that startup after pause can be a few hours or it can be as much as 6 days. There's some bugs to work out but they are coming along. No shortcut to honing a smooth working machine - so hopefully they move right along with the debugging.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWebAffiliate
    Do people spend less online in the summer? (I am still a newbie, if you couldn't tell)
    It varies from industry to industry and business to business, but for most consumer items, yes. In general, you see a really good spike starting in October and peaking sometime in mid-December, then a gradual slowing through the spring and summer and a gradual increase through fall.

January is great for office products and diet items. March/April is the peak for taxes. February and May are great for flowers and gifts. Summer is the peak time for travel and outdoor items. Diversification into multiple industries can really help.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast