Graphics Workshop Sub Forum
    Perhaps some members would be interested in a Graphics Sub Forum where Photoshop techniques and techniques to other graphic programs could be discussed? Just a thought
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Think that's a great idea I don't have a clue how to make graphics but would really love to learn. Even been able to get my husband interested in something having to do with computers with it. lol (Although there is one very big problem with that. He thinks that he should be able to be on the computer now at times when I'm used to being on it lol ) I had made him a site for his business and he made the images for it just using paint. He's bought me paintshop but haven't had time to learn it yet. There's only so much my little brain can absorb at one time. lol Still in process of learning html, css, Frontpage and advertising with Google. Waaaayy more than my little brain wants to have to deal with all at once. lol Poor thing might just explode soon from too much thinking.
    Up until now I've been very fortunate and had very talented friends that have made me images or I've gotten permission from others where I've seen their images online. Would really like to make my own, though. Don't even know where to start. Have bought a few cheapie clipart things. So.....dummy question: when you make your images are you starting from scratch and drawing them yourselves or is there software that you use to make them. Would really like to make some teddy bears

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    Think that's a great idea I don't have a clue how to make graphics but would really love to learn ... He's bought me paintshop but haven't had time to learn it yet ... when you make your images are you starting from scratch and drawing them yourselves or is there software that you use to make them. Would really like to make some teddy bears
    Hi Purplebear

I am glad that someone is enthusiastic about my idea

If you have Paint Shop Pro by Corel, that's a popular program! You can make lovely graphics with that.
    I haven't used that program but I know many others enjoy using it.

A freely distributed program available is The Gimp

Long ago I purchased Adobe's Illustrator #7 and a couple of years ago I bought Photoshop CS and there's lots to learn (lots! I don't consider myself a total pro just yet but I enjoy what I can do).

Adobe Photoshop is an expensive program, but Adobe offers Elements as well.

When I picked 1&1 as a host I received a bundle of software including Ulead's PhotoImpact XL SE and boy is that fun! http://www.ulead.com/runme.htm

The last time I went to Barnes & Noble I noticed that some computer magazines came with a Ulead program. The magazines might have been imports from the UK.
    Sometimes I start something in Ulead and I optimize it in Image Ready/Photoshop.

I recommend magazines and online tutorials

Amazon's used books capability can save you money on how-to books.
    I bought PHOTOSHOP CS at your Fingertips (published by SYBEX) at a discount with Amazon.

Well, I hope this helps I just noticed your post. I hope you find the graphics program that is right for you

I think a sub-forum where we could discuss graphics would be helpful & fun
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Rhia
    When you say that with Paint Shop you can make lovely graphics. That's the part I don't understand much. Do you actually create your own graphics using tools they have regarding shapes and sizes or is there actually clipart of things that you start out with and ssort of add onto? I've had many people who have let me place bears on my site but have never quite understood if they are artists and it's their completely done by scratch artwork or there are I guess like starting models of bears and they just add onto them or adjust sizes, etc. to them. I have a few clipart cds but none really contain any cute type bears. I try very hard to make sure I'm not using anybody's artwork on my site unless they give me permission to so would like to be able to make some of my own so I'd be absolutley sure where it was coming from
    I like the idea of a graphics forum, too

You can make original graphics with Paint Shop Pro.
    Here are some tutorials & book suggestions:

http://www.grafx-design.com/psp_tut.html

You can find more by doing a google search.

I don't use that program. I use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop and I have a couple of programs from Ulead. Try a book suggestion (sometimes you can order a "used book" cheaply from Amazon.com) and try some of the online tutorials -- it takes practice.

I am not home at the moment and unfortunately I don't have everything installed in my laptop.

I couldn't take avantage if the WiFi because I don't have a WiFi card. I think I have a slot for it, but I don't have a card (I'm on slow dial-up at the moment).
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Thanks for the suggestioins

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread