Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yikes - Just finished watching The Hills Have Eyes
    I'm a pretty big fan of horror flicks, but this one was just ruthless on the senses...(need to go switch all the lights on now)..
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

ABW Ambassador
    Don't really like horror movies, closest thing I got to a horror movie on DVD is The Shining. But would you consider that an actual horror movie or more of a thriller with a little bit of horror sprinkling?

Definitely not a horror movie or "thriller with a little bit of horror sprinkling" fan. Watched "The Birds" when I was little and never have been able to quite trust a bird since. lol I'm way too much of a scaredy cat.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Don't really like horror movies, closest thing I got to a horror movie on DVD is The Shining. But would you consider that an actual horror movie or more of a thriller with a little bit of horror sprinkling?
    I'd say that's a classic horror suspense flick. Nothing like a little "herrrreeee's Johhhny!" to stir things up. The parts that little Danny has to deal with (like the twin girls, redrum, rushing river of blood, etc) makes it more horror than suspense - at least in my opinion.

Love most horror. There's only been a couple that I consider too much for my tastes - I don't necessarily like gore movies (Chainsaw Massacre for example). Exorcist scared the living crap out of me.. In fact, anything that has that weird religious twist to it usually merits whistling and the turning on of lights afterwards...
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    Definitely not a horror movie or "thriller with a little bit of horror sprinkling" fan. Watched "The Birds" when I was little and never have been able to quite trust a bird since. lol I'm way too much of a scaredy cat.
    I try to drag my sister, when I visit family, to some of these flicks (shes the good one in the family.. ) She makes it quite clear that I'd have to drag her kciking and screaming to watch em..

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Talking The Hills have Eyes
    I agree 100% - THE HILLS HAVE EYES was a tough one to swallow during the actual watching... I saw it in my hotel room when I was in Niagara Falls for the weekend back in May (the weather wasn't great).

I am usually pretty good with horror movies but this one was actually scary... you never knew what was coming next.

It annoyed me that they would actually venture out in the desert on their own though... almost as much as in those horror movies where the girl runs UPSTAIRS to 'get away' from her predator....

The worst part of THHE was when those quasi-people (whatever they were) attacked the sister and stole the baby... UGH - Talk about repulsive.

I say if you love suspense and don't mind disturbing scenes, then go for it. It had me on the edge of my seat...er... hotel room bed.

Thanks for the heads-up guys! I'm a huge horror-movie fan and I was thinking about renting The Hills Have Eyes this weekend, now I'll be sure to check it out

Token "Canadian" Cool Guy Ryan@MB's Avatar
    I want to see this movie but everytime I see the commercials for it I get creeped out.
    Ryan MacWha
    Merchant Manager
    [b]We’ll help you build your affiliate program[/b]
    [b][URL="http://www.maxbounty.com"]MaxBounty 2.0[/URL][/b]

Eeks! I watched the original when I was around 14 or so. I was babysitting and the kids were asleep and I watched the movie on some old Channel named ON. I was so scared but couldn't seem to stop watching it. I don't think I'll see the remake.

April Ezell
    Affiliate Manager
    Hubcaps.com Affiliate Program
    April@hubcaps.com
    800-826-5880 / 909-983-8414
    MSN - Hubcaps.com

"quasi-people "
    nope, nope, nope. Toooo scarey. I just like happy ending movies and if they don't have a happy ending.....I'll make one up. lol ok...maybe some other types of movies but definitely no scarey ones.

Ok Purplebear - just for you, we can rent the Wizard of Oz...k?

Re: Quasi-people - I know!! EW, HUH???

Liz - Ooohhhh no.....I'll be having nightmares of the flying monkeys lol Really am a big scaredy cat. lol

OY VEY! *pats purplebear on the head*

Could be worse. If you really LOVED movies like SAW we might be concerned...

Okay, so I finally saw the Hills Have Eyes last night...and it's even worse than i was expecting! i was seriously freaked out, haven't seen a movie that disturbing in years! actually, it was so bad, i didn't even really enjoy it

lol

It was borderline for me. I still enjoyed it b/c it was more suspensful than gore. I've seen all gore movings, and they're not my cup of tea - I also think those kinds of movies are more likely bad for one's health..

But yeah, otherwise, it's almost in the same league as Texas Chainsaw Massacre..

Internet Cowboy
    Horror flicks make me giggle. She always goes into the dark room with no flashlight or gun or the couple leaves the kids alone upstairs while they party, knowing that something is weird, or in this case, people venture out into the desert alone. In the Blair Witch Project, they ran off into the woods at night after hearing the noises and voices and being told by the locals that there were witches out there.

I say most of the people who die in horror flicks deserve to die. Natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Horror flicks make me giggle. She always goes into the dark room with no flashlight or gun or the couple leaves the kids alone upstairs while they party, knowing that something is weird, or in this case, people venture out into the desert alone. In the Blair Witch Project, they ran off into the woods at night after hearing the noises and voices and being told by the locals that there were witches out there.

I say most of the people who die in horror flicks deserve to die. Natural selection...

lol - the one unfortunate thing that no director/producer/writer seems to be able to get around. I know exactly what you mean. Wolf Creek, for example, had some great examples of bone-headedness that made me shut it off half way.

Some get close, but it's a rare occurence..

I'm not a horror movie fan either and generally avoid them but I have to give mention to "21 Days Later" which I really enjoyed. I'm not sure if you would class it as horror (maybe horror scifi) but it was fun to watch. I guess part of it for me was that it is set in London (being a Brit movie) which made it a bit more real for me.

Colin
    Jigsaw2order.com

The Hearse (1980) was a good spooky thriller without the gore. Rent it sometime
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

THanks Rhia, I'll have to go and check it out now. Never heard of it.

without the gore?? Awwwwwwwwwwwww! :P

Quote Originally Posted by e-Gazer
    without the gore?? Awwwwwwwwwwwww! :P
    I don't like gore either but I like spooky things
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Completely agree
    I love horror movies and so when I saw that it was on my flight to New York I was excited to watch it. By the time the plane landed, I was so sick to my stomach (and not from the flight!). That has to be one of the most disturbing movies I have ever seen. I really can't believe they showed it on Jet Blue!

Definitely not a movie for anyone with a weak stomach!

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_NetTraction
    I love horror movies and so when I saw that it was on my flight to New York I was excited to watch it. By the time the plane landed, I was so sick to my stomach (and not from the flight!). That has to be one of the most disturbing movies I have ever seen. I really can't believe they showed it on Jet Blue!

Definitely not a movie for anyone with a weak stomach!

Are you talking abou The Hills Have Eyes? That is nuts. I'm kind of shocked they'd show horror movies like this on commercial flights - pretty weird.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast