Walter Drake / Home Marketplace links go to home page
    What's up with this? I even checked the links by generating new codes at CJ. All the product links just send people to the homepage of both the Walter Drake and The Home Marketplace sites. What use is that?

I don't have any of their product links left to check. At least this is better than what they were doing with product links (sending to a please call to order we're doing maintenance bs page) Are these items in stock? There has been a problem with them sending customers to that horrible under maintenance page instead of a home page (or even any other page)

Yes, I hated that page ... but still this isn't better than going directly to the product you are promoting. Yes, the items are in stock. The whole point of putting up direct product links is so the person will land right on the product when the click the link. If they have to search once they get there, they might not want to be bothered.

I'm finding several merchants whose product links are going to their home pages. Something is wrong and most likely due to the LMI stuff that is going on now. Lamps Plus, Bewild.com are just a couple of merchants that I have noticed so far because I am working on a site using them. All the links are new since Friday and it's happening with both Java and html links

BTW, Hi All

Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    I'm finding several merchants whose product links are going to their home pages. Something is wrong and most likely due to the LMI stuff that is going on now.
    LMI might have skewed the CJ links, but the problem isn't only with CJ or totally due to LMI.
    Many of the direct product links made through the Linkshare interface go to the merchant homepage instead of linking directly to the product
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I know the number of clicks today is below normal. Makes me wonder if it has anything to do with the LMI changes. Hope not.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Yes, I hated that page ... but still this isn't better than going directly to the product you are promoting. Yes, the items are in stock. The whole point of putting up direct product links is so the person will land right on the product when the click the link. If they have to search once they get there, they might not want to be bothered.
    I meant that at least its better than that other page; did not mean it was a good situation. At least you still have the chance of a sale, at least that's my opinion.

Fwiw, I grabbed a couple product links to test from homemarketplace and they worked fine.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I contacted the merchant

who in turn contacted CJ

CJ said the problem is on CJ's end

It's fixed now.

Last time tracking was affected, WD made a math formula and compensated affiliates based on previous months sales

wonder if CJ will do the same - ie: compensate affiliates for lost sales while their links weren't working properly?

HEY! I can dream can't I?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    CJ did do that once, as I recall. The one and only time that tracking was affected, apparently, and they compensated us for the loss. :wink:

And it makes you wonder just how many other merchants, perhaps smaller ones, that this has happened to that no one knows about. Cue for everyone to check and test.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread