OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Test Clicks
    Ok so I finally realized I should be testing all these links I have put into place especially since It seems from looking at my statcounter that more people are getting to my site and I should be doing a few more sales. (also all this talk about affiliates not activating) So last night I clicked on all my links once. (a few accidently got two clicks because they were on more than one page) anyway I checked my stats this morning and at least 6 on CJ and a few on SAS did not track I am going to try again today on those ... Should I just drop them?
    Also for the SAS links there were two merchants Temporarily offline the SAS page that said this was very scary to me (if I was a shopper I would wonder about the site I left to click through because it seemed to imply (to my newbie eyes) that MY site was to blame.) I wonder if there is a less scary page SAS could use.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GethsemeneRose
    Ok so I finally realized I should be testing all these links I have put into place especially since It seems from looking at my statcounter that more people are getting to my site and I should be doing a few more sales. (also all this talk about affiliates not activating) So last night I clicked on all my links once. (a few accidently got two clicks because they were on more than one page) anyway I checked my stats this morning and at least 6 on CJ and a few on SAS did not track I am going to try again today on those ... Should I just drop them?
    Depends. Give it a few days, try test clicks again and see if the same thing happens. If even clicks are not tracking, I'd run screaming with my hands in the air.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Also for the SAS links there were two merchants Temporarily offline the SAS page that said this was very scary to me (if I was a shopper I would wonder about the site I left to click through because it seemed to imply (to my newbie eyes) that MY site was to blame.) I wonder if there is a less scary page SAS could use.
    You can use the advanced feature on your Account Settings.
    Any link directing to a Merchant that is "Temporarily Offline" due to a low balance in their account will redirect to the above page on YOUR site. The URL paramater merchantID=xxx will be sent at the end of the URL, so that you can keep statistics if you wish. DO NOT abuse this feature, this is an advanced feature for webmasters who know what they are doing.
    There should be no reason to send your visitors to a dead page, if a merchant on SaS is on "Temporarily Offline" due to a low balance or something else.

You can redirect that link to a similar merchant or to any other page on your site.

Thanx for the info
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Try doing some test *purchases*. Especially on CJ links.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by NoWires
    Try doing some test *purchases*. Especially on CJ links.
    Yeah like I got money to buy anything LOL

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread