Talking LMI Benefits: Efficiency, Opportunity, Variety
    CJ's spin doctors are making the javascript links appear to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

CJ encourages *publishers* to at least "try it."

This reminds me of Mark Twain's attempt at trying Ben Franklin's advice:
    "I tried out 'early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.' I didn't get any wealthier, or any healthier, and the only wiser I got was that I learned to never do so again." [1]
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    CJ's spin doctors are making the javascript links appear to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

CJ encourages *publishers* to at least "try it."

This reminds me of Mark Twain's attempt at trying Ben Franklin's advice:
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador
    As you implement the LMI, remember the corollary to the "early bird gets the worm":

"The early worm gets got."

Quote Originally Posted by yintercept
    As you implement the LMI, remember the corollary to the "early bird gets the worm":

"The early worm gets got."
    Would the publisher be the early bird (implementing LMI) or would the publisher be a worm (or a sucker?)?

Addendum: I placed one of the new LMI javascript links into a (Blogger) blog.
    • How many LMI (javascript) links does it take to slow down a blog?
    Last edited by Rhia7; June 25th, 2006 at 10:21 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Variety
    Is this an opportunity for CJ to squelch its affiliate (ooops I meant publisher) operation efficiently?

I like the idea of the dynamic possibilites promised by LMI, but any hope for variety and dynamic interaction can be stopped with these instructions.

Given the link default (the publisher lacks any other choice -- not even a "non-zero-sum game" method in terms of choice for the creation of affiliate links) can bring a web page to a halt, one wonders: has there been a dramatic change from outside of CJ that would change the direction of CJ's business, or has an itch started from the inside?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

What kills me is that CJ wants us to "try it". Like NONE of us are familar with old javascript at all? It's just so darn radically new and we are so darn ignorant I can understand their high horse position completely.

So if you start swapping in JScript now, your site slows down, your website potentially starts tanking in the search results. If you have a page that ranks well and was generating sales for "blue widgets" that featured a CJ merchant you are much better off switching that page to feature a merchant from another network than putting JScript links if you want to keep generating traffic and sales to at least some merchant.

You can build your whole site again using JScript links and then launch it on the date when the old links go dark and keep sales flowing while you can and then probably watch your sales tank and your site sink into oblivion when you put up the version with JavaScript. Yout could do all that and then they could make the right decision to keep the old links live and make JScript an option and spend hundreds of hours and potentially thousands of dollars to prepare for it for nothing.

Lots of great options to choose from! Considering all the work people have done to send sales through CJ, let's hope things get back on track and this all becomes a non-issue and there is enough notice to avoid doing a ton of work for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    What kills me is that CJ wants us to "try it". Like NONE of us are familar with old javascript at all? It's just so darn radically new and we are so darn ignorant I can understand their high horse position completely.
    It's one thing to say, "Try it, you'll like it." It's another thing to force feed (that's what CJ is doing).
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread