View Poll Results: What is your feelings on this matter?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Return the Lagacy Links as the Default

49 96.08%
  • Keep the Javascript Links as the Default

1 1.96%
  • I don't know or Care

1 1.96%
    ABW Ambassador
    Post LMI Poll
    I'm just curious if there is only a few of us or many others that have found the new Javascript links as the CJ default a real Show Stopper? I would like to see the legacy links returned as the default and the JS ones as optional.

Please post your vote on your result after updating your website.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I don't care for whatever is default. I want Legacy links.

I voted "Return the Lagacy Links as the Default", but the longer this goes on, the more I lean towards "I don't know or Care". Not because I see any value in LMI, but because I see less and less value in CJ.

It's bad enough that they were so clueless that they pursued LMI in the first place, but when they continue to shove it down our throats for so long, I'm not sure that they're a worthwhile business partner to have. Even if they eliminate LMI today, my concern is that they'll make other equally awful decisions in the future. Their direction obviously no longer lines up with the direction of most affiliates.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I voted "Return the Lagacy Links as the Default", but the longer this goes on, the more I lean towards "I don't know or Care". Not because I see any value in LMI, but because I see less and less value in CJ.

It's bad enough that they were so clueless that they pursued LMI in the first place, but when they continue to shove it down our throats for so long, I'm not sure that they're a worthwhile business partner to have. Even if they eliminate LMI today, my concern is that they'll make other equally awful decisions in the future. Their direction obviously no longer lines up with the direction of most affiliates.
    Ditto! And what we don't know is what all Phase II, III, IV, etc will entail. How much more rebuilding of our links and sites will they require of us. Already they required us to add the Privacy Policy (and that was a pain with my 80 sites with CJ links). I mean, CJ is really demanding a lot of us, much more than I've seen at any other network. It will be just a matter of time before affiliates say, "That's it, I've had enough!" Well, I think many have already reached that point.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Maybe we should look for comparable merchants in the other networks. When you feel satisfied with the new merchants, start dropping your CJ merchant relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by dpl882
    Maybe we should look for comparable merchants in the other networks. When you feel satisfied with the new merchants, start dropping your CJ merchant relationships.
    Sounds like most have already begun this process!

ABW Ambassador
    Ditto on what Michael said.

I refuse to worry too much about CJ even if a large portion of my merchants are with them. I will not jump through hoops for them and will not put my business on hold while CJ takes their own sweet time rolling out their unexplained and untested Phases. I am finding replacements for my CJ merchants, planning new project and reworking others that will not include CJ. I guess this whole thing really made me realize that I should not rely too heavily on one set network.

Good Luck to us all!!

I can't vote yet since I just signed up(so I could vote), but if I could I would vote against the javascript links! They are horrible and don't work with my business at all! There is no way I am going to use javascript links on my websites. CJ really screwed up this time...

Tax Paying Member
    Glad that I don't have this problem with LMI ..................CJ and I parted company over a year ago ..............Life and business continued
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

I definitely will NOT be using the JavaScript links. So if CJ does not change their mind in the near future, I will be forced to seek alternate merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug
    I guess this whole thing really made me realize that I should not rely too heavily on one set network.

Over time I found that when one network produced less, another produced more. IMO - diversify.

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    I do not care wich one is DEFAULT just so long as I can choose. I do have a small use for java on some pages but mostly I want Legacy.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

ABW Ambassador
    95% against, wow thats something I hope CJ will take notice of. Thanks for voting & the feedback everyone.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

LMI = Lost More Income

LMI - Liking My Independents
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread