Email from CJ sent back as invalid
    For the past 2 days I'm getting this message evertime I log in to CJ.:

"Your email is being returned as invalid: xxx@xxx
    Please correct so we can communicate important messages relevant to your account"

I have reset it twice already. Anybody else getting this?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ken

I have reset it twice already. Anybody else getting this?

Ken
    personally never got it.

Probably CJ mail system is having problem delivering newsletters to your mailbox (bouncing mail).

Are you sure that your mail box is not full or you have not left any "out of office" option turned on?

If the problem persists for a long time maybe you'll need to change your mail address on your CJ account.

I also had the "emails being returned" message, even after I switched email addresses twice -- 3 different mail systems/servers.

The bizarre thing is that I am getting some email from CJ (including a reply today to an AAQ inquiry submitted 8 days ago). It may be that I am receiving emails ONLY in response to AAQ inquries and account changes (I get confirmation/verification emails each time I change the email address).

I suspect that they are sending email from different servers, and one or more of their servers (but not all) may be "blacklisted." However, that doesn't make sense, since blacklisted emails are normally 'blackholed" (deleted without any notice to the sender or recipient) and are not "returned" or "refused". It would certainly help if CJ would provide a copy of the headers and "return" message, but they won't do that.

I wonder if CJ treats emails as being "returned" if their HTML tracking code embedded in the email is not triggered? In other words, maybe their definition of "returned" is completely different from my definition of that term?

I'd be curious to know what percentage of their affiliate accounts are flagged as "bouncing" (emails being returned)? It is very annoying to see the warning message every time I log in at CJ, but at this point I can't do anything other than ignore the warning message.

I'd be curious to know what percentage of their affiliate accounts are flagged as "bouncing" (emails being returned)? It is very annoying to see the warning message every time I log in at CJ, but at this point I can't do anything other than ignore the warning message.
    I thought that they have fixed that issue for everybody by now.

I also tried saving the same info two times, but since it didn't work, I just ignored the warning messages and the thing was fixed later without me doing anything. That was a couple of months ago.

I am not experiencing that problem.
    I have 310 emails in my inbox at CJ.
    I do not see any error message or bounce message.

Andrew, this has nothing to do with the "inbox at CJ." It is about email sent outside the CJ system.

"blah blah balh blah balh hello," says CJ (via Savvis mail IPs)
    I just received an email that purported to come from CJ, with the following content:
    blah blah balh blah balh hello
    Plus the usual CJ email disclaimer.

However, this email came from IP address 216.34.207.14 which did not resolve to a server, but appears to be owned by SAVVIS.NET -- and Savvis is a name that's very, very familiar to me -- they have been a "spam-friendly" ISP since "forever."

The earlier AAQ response from CJ was sent from a different server, at
    216.136.168.93, which resolves itself as "mailsc01.rightnowtech.com" but which is also an IP allocated to Savvis.net.

This does completely resolve the issue of CJ's "bouncing emails" for me -- they are using a "spam-friendly" ISP, whose emails are properly blocked. While neither of the IP addresses used for these two emails were blocked, and neither is "blacklisted" yet, hundreds of other Savvis IP addresses were and are included in many different spam/abuse blacklists.

I received that for months. I think what I did was go in and retype my same email address under my profile and it stopped.

Silly CJ!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread