Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr. GoldenCan
    GoldenCAN GetData, GetRSS and GetXML now Available
    GoldenCAN GetData, GetRSS & GetXML features are now available for the following Integrations.

GetData feature is available for:
    Store Integration Single Merchant
    Coupon Integration Single Merchant.
    Search Integration

GetRSS is available for:
    Coupon Integration Single Merchant

GetXML is available for:
    Coupon Integration Single Merchant

Search Integration GetData:
    This feature is very useful if you are interested to display the search results of any keyword in your page. You will be able to add the contents of related products on your webpage with only a couple of line of code and get the SEO benefit from it.

To see these features are get the code in different programming language please follows the following steps.

Login to your account at GoldenCAN.

Create a New Store Coupon or Search Integration
    OR
    Click on the name of an existing Store.

At the store modify page you will find a tab under the main heading labeled as “Advanced Options”.

Click on GetData, GetRSS or GetXML, depending what store modify page you are on.

You will find the example codes in different boxes.

GetData, GetRSS and GetXML for multiple merchant store integration and coupon integration will be released soon.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Login to your account at GoldenCAN.

Create a New Store Coupon or Search Integration
    OR
    Click on the name of an existing Store.

At the store modify page you will find a tab under the main heading labeled as “Advanced Options”.

Click on GetData, GetRSS or GetXML, depending what store modify page you are on.

You will find the example codes in different boxes.
    I did all that - the code I copied was:

<?php
    $URL = "http://si.goldencan.com/GetData.aspx?SID=xxxxxxxx";
    $PageURL = urlencode($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'].'?'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']);
    include($URL.'&PageURL='.$PageURL);
    ?>
    I placed the code on my page...

but there's nothing there.

What did I do wrong?

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    I did all that - the code I copied was:
    I placed the code on my page...
    but there's nothing there.
    What did I do wrong?
    Hi Billy,
    Did you added the code on a php page? do you have other php pages working on the same site?

Can you please email me the page where you added that code?

Asif,

Wasn't a .php page, just an .htm page - didn't know I'd have to change the page extension

Where at GoldenCAN are the step-by-step instructions for using the new stuff?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I grabbed the php code and put on a php page and it fired off exactly as it should.
    Looks great.

Billy, your htm pages need to be able to parse php if you want to use dynamic code on them that works. Many hosting companies lock down the htaccess file and/or mime types so that you can't instruct your site's htm pages to parse php code. In this case, nothing will get called, sent, posted to your page.

I learned about how to test your hosting company's settings - to see if they allow htm pages to parse php, from Oscar, an ABW regular. Here's Oscar's page about testing your host's settings:
    http://mydatafeedscripts.com/phpparse/

If your host fails to parse php, you need to contact them (or their help files) to:
    +find out how they allow you to edit your site's settings so dynamic php (or other) scripts are parsed
    -or-
    +find out from them that they don't allow you to do so (and you start looking for another hosting company if it's important to you).

I went with LinkSky, based on Oscar's tests failing at my old hosting company and then learning it was a no-go to change the settings as I wanted them. LinkSky's been great for me, but I am sure there are many, many hosting companies that can suit your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Wasn't a .php page, just an .htm page - didn't know I'd have to change the page extension
    Billy, this note is for others... I think you already know this part... but I thought it might confuse others...

If your site settings allow your htm pages to parse php scripts, the extension of your pages doesn't need to change from .htm - it would be fine as is.

I have sites myself that have .htm and .html pages that run php scripts.

A page doesn't have to end in .php to run php scripts. But any .htm page (or .html page for that matter) with php scripts, in order for them to run, needs hosting settings that allow .htm pages to parse php scripts.

Settings to accomplish this can be done via your site's htaccess file modifications or by defining mime types for your hosts server. The prefered method and steps to make it happen are usually recommended one way or the other by your specific hosting company.

Summarizing, a page's extension defines what types of scripts can be run (or not run) not because of the letters it ends in, but because of what the server is told it can do when it sees those letters / extension. Tell your server to parse php on pages that end with .htm and it will.

Have fun!

Asif,

From what I understand these new features make it seamless for affiliates to integrate new products, coupons, etc. into their websites.

I have a question from the merchant point of view...is it possible for GoldenCAN to automatically update my feed based on the changes I make to my site? Perhaps via XML or a spider that crawls my site looking for changes to my catalog? This way I won't have to manually upload my feed every so often and affiliates get changes instantly.

I've been reading the Merchant FAQs on your site, and can't see anything about this.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by craigallyn
    Asif,

From what I understand these new features make it seamless for affiliates to integrate new products, coupons, etc. into their websites.

I have a question from the merchant point of view...is it possible for GoldenCAN to automatically update my feed based on the changes I make to my site? Perhaps via XML or a spider that crawls my site looking for changes to my catalog? This way I won't have to manually upload my feed every so often and affiliates get changes instantly.

I've been reading the Merchant FAQs on your site, and can't see anything about this.

Thanks!
    I don't think its possible. But it will be great if it is possible.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi, Asif, I sent massage about the new features you said may be ready soon, I just wondered if they were still coming?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Hi, Asif, I sent massage about the new features you said may be ready soon, I just wondered if they were still coming?
    Sorry for the delay, Your requested feature of "Copy settings from existing GoldenCAN store" has been added into GoldenCAN Control panel.

Where at GoldenCAN are the step-by-step instructions for using the new stuff?
    ???

Asp
    Trying to use the ASP Search getData call and get the follwing error:

msxml3.dll error '800c0005'

The system cannot locate the resource specified.

/staging/search.asp, line 20

Ideas?

ABW Ambassador
    sounds good Asif, will look at that soon...

QponCentral, I also got that the other day on a local dev server but I tried on live site and all was well. 10 minutes later it was ok on local as well?

When will the getXML for store and multiple stire be available? I am waiting for upgrade my site.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet
    When will the getXML for store and multiple stire be available? I am waiting for upgrade my site.
    GetData feature will be released for these Integrations today.

Store Integration Multiple Merchants
    Coupon Integration Multiple Merchant
    Search Integration

GetXML for store integration will be released with some more exciting features sometime next week.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCAN
    GetData feature will be released for these Integrations today.

Store Integration Multiple Merchants
    Coupon Integration Multiple Merchant
    Search Integration

GetXML for store integration will be released with some more exciting features sometime next week.
    Thanks, this is so fast.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by QponCentral

Ideas?
    Can you please show me the exact code you are using?

Direct copy from GoldenCan:

<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <title>Untitled Document</title>
    </head>

<body>

<%
    Dim SID, URL, PageURL, objXMLHttp
    SID = "BBE48549-469D-45FC-BDFD-48245CF55BF4"
    PageURL = Request.ServerVariables("URL")
    PageURL = PageURL & "?" & Request.ServerVariables("QUERY_STRING")
    PageURL = Server.UrlEncode(PageURL)

URL = "http://si.goldencan.com/GetData.aspx?SID=" & SID & "&PageURL=" & PageURL
    SET objXMLHttp = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
    objXMLHttp.Open "GET", URL, False
    objXMLHttp.Send()
    Response.Write(objXMLHttp.responseText)
    %>

</body>
    </html>

It seems to be barfing on the objXMLHttp.Send()
    Last edited by QponCentral; July 15th, 2006 at 12:48 AM. Reason: adding code

Ideas?
    I got the same error - works ok on my develoment computer but fails at the hosted site. This might be issue with Windows shared hosting which does not give create permission for the given DLL. Haven't tried it out but should work on dedicated servers.

Dedicated server is not an option for me.

What's the advantage of using the GetData over the normal linking code that most people use?

ABW Ambassador
    I tried to use the new duplicate store feature. I followed the procedure to copy the settings from one product store to another but when I selected the store to copy I got the following error each time I tried:

We are sorry but there was some problem while processing your request.

Administrators have been notified with the problem.

We apologize for the inconvenience, please try again..

Thanks
    GoldenCAN

Mr. GoldenCan
    Dedicated server is not an option for me.

What's the advantage of using the GetData over the normal linking code that most people use?
    GoldenCAN GetData feature of store integration will return a complete pre formatted store with categories, products and search box.

GetData of Coupon Integration will return Coupons and Recent Price Drops.

GetData of Search Integration allows you to pass a keyword to GoldenCAN and get the results back for that keyword search from one or multiple merchants and display on your page with complete SEO benefits.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Xion
    I got the same error - works ok on my develoment computer but fails at the hosted site. This might be issue with Windows shared hosting which does not give create permission for the given DLL. Haven't tried it out but should work on dedicated servers.
    We have used and tested this code on many shared hosting and smaller hosting plans and it works. I am not sure why a certain hosting plan will restrict the access to a basic HTTP call which is a part of windows.

According to some users it could be firewall issue. we are doing more research on it. in the mean time you might also want to check out what other users are saying about it.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...LHTTP+800c0005

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I tried to use the new duplicate store feature. I followed the procedure to copy the settings from one product store to another but when I selected the store to copy I got the following error each time I tried:
    We were able to find the error and fix it. The copy settings feature should be working fine now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast