Listen to this cr*pola.

I received an email from PAYPAL shops informing me that I have been removed from their listings because I have violated their Prohibited Goods and Services terms of use section. :eek:

I don't come anywhere close to violating this and I think it has something to do with one of my CJ affiliate links. There is nothing in there about third party advertising and the terms of use only mentions my products.

I emailed them asking them about this turn of events and brought up these points. This should be interesting since I am firmly convinced that their customer service is an autoresponder.

I might not win this battle but it doesn't really matter. For whatever reason they have only brought me a couple hundred people in the last few months and only two actually bought anything.

For anyone who deals with the Shops portion of their services, I'll post to say how it turns out. As far as the rest of PAYPAL services I have no complaint whatsoever.

You should definitely ask for a specific example of what the problem is.

ABW Ambassador

Dynamoo,
    Specifics is probably what I should have asked for in the first place but likely their response will be useless, so I'll have the opportunity in my next email.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>some light reading:
    paypalsucks.com
    paypalsucks.com/forums
    --Pete<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, there are some eye-openers.

[ 02-28-2002: Message edited by: Planetwide Exodus ]

Three amazing things happened all at once. PAYPAL answered me within two days, it was a real answer from a real person, and they appologized for not answering me yesterday.

Needless to say I was stunned :eek: and thankful that I don't have any health problems that would have been aggravated by my sudden rush of adrenaline. Maybe they have hired a customer service department? We'll see.

Apparently, according to them, something on the site in question falls under the "get rich quick" sceme clause of their Prohibted Goods Decree. Didn't expect that. I'm not sure what this might be either.

This time I asked for specifics and if their current trend continues, I may even have an answer soon.

ABW Ambassador
    I had an issue with Paypal about setting up an account. It was a problem with setting up a card with my account. Anyhow, I had a reply within 48 hours, and the issue was resolved rather quickly. It wasn't always like this, but hopefully things are moving foward with their service (perhaps they really did hire some new customer service people).

Tom Pyles

ABW Ambassador
    For those paypalsucks sites. For the most part, those are people who have never had to use a credit processor before. All credit card processors behave the same way. The merchant is guilty, if in doubt freeze the account.

The first time it happens to you, you almost lose your mind. My processor was one of the largest in the country through one of the top 10 banks in the nation. Still didn't stop some russians from committing fraud against our dormant account and having my entire businesses checking account froze. They froze the account for 3 weeks because the events looked suspicious - yeah they were - there was fraud against us.

Too bad. We lost $3000 (until the bank made a major mistake, freed our account, put $3000 back in, we grabbed it and closed the account.) They argued and threatened me for 6 months that we ripped them off. It took $750 of legal fees (little research some letters) before they dropped it.

Accepting credit cards is a pain in the ass. No matter how you do it. The kids at the paypal sucks sites just got the wake up call most merchants have already have.

Have two bank accounts. One for the transfer, one to move after the transfer. let them freeze the transient account.

But having said that, we have used paypaly for almost 2 years and did over $30,000 of business without one problem.

Chez

Other than this whole problem with PAYPAL shop listing I haven't had any problems either. I was never very happy with their customer service but it seems that it may be improving by leaps and bounds.

As far as credit card processors go, I've only had PAYPAL and ClickBank. PAYPAL's fees are much better and the effectiveness of web sales, eBay sales, and secondary sales all integrated into one place is a lifesaver to say the least.

I'm not saying customer service is the end all and be all but it is nice. Overture had wonderful customer service but their micromanaging business practices drove me off.

I will still use PAYPAL and if they fix customer service I might even recommend them.

Oh, and no new news. My email server has been down but I doubt they would have sent anything on a Friday anyway, but you never know.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Bump [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

No info yet but still recovering "lost" emails from the email server, in fairness to PAYPAL.

ABW Ambassador
    I use Pay Pal sporadically and when I do I just transfer enough into my account there to cover whatever I'm buying. A few weeks ago, I got the notice that I was being billed for services. I went to my Pay Pal account and it showed that the transfer from my bank was completed so I clicked on whatever the button was and paid the bill.

Well, it turns out that although the scren SAID my bank transfer was completed in actuality it wasn't so they withdrew $500 MORE from my bank account to pay for this. The bank account I have them draw on is just an account I set up for purposes of internet transactions so it overdrew my account. When I spoke to Pay Pal about it they pretty much said "Too bad for you."

So, for anyone out there using Pay Pal make sure you actually get an e-mail from them telling you that your transfer is complete - don't go by what they have on their screen.

Kip

Kip,

I'm glad you posted that because I went to the bank yesterday and my balance was incorrect. Remembering your post and some quick subtraction I figured out that it was the PAYPAL discrepency that was the problem.

Saved me from a stress attack.

Still no info from PAYPAL BTW. I guess its time to say H*ll with them and move on. Like I said, traffic from their Shops listing wasn't breaking any records anyway. I'll just have to remember this in terms of reliability in general.

PAYPAL finally contacted me. (They did appoligize again for taking so long to answer) They say that the "join my affiliate program link" is the violation of the Prohibited Goods and Services clause of PAYPAL shops terms. I assume because it says, "Make Cash Now."

I'll reword it with the actual percentage and then resubmit. What they do at that point is their affair.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread