ABW Ambassador
    Any Hubcaps.com Affiliates?
    Was just wondering if you're getting sales this month. I converted at about 1/50 last month. Don't send a heap of traffic but it is targetted and this month 0/258. Thanks

edit Well I guess so Last Compliance Test Completed: 06/26/2006 05:47.40 PM

I must just be having a bad month.
    Last edited by Trust; June 27th, 2006 at 02:50 PM.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Was just wondering if you're getting sales this month. I converted at about 1/50 last month. Don't send a heap of traffic but it is targetted and this month 0/258. Thanks

edit Well I guess so Last Compliance Test Completed: 06/26/2006 05:47.40 PM

I must just be having a bad month.
    Hey J,

Hubcaps.com is one of our consulting accounts, we don't run the program, April has been doing a fantastic job and is an excellent student. I can tell you that beginning with her and up the chain, they are 100% solid, stand up company and we stand behind them 100%.....

We see and monitor all the backend affiliate numbers and they have our stamp of approval....
    Thanks for your support buddy....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    I tested it out last month and got sales and this month was going to decide if I put more work into it. Just expected something from 258 after going 1/50. Happens sometimes, with any merchant you'll have someone doing great and someone doing nothing. Will wait a little longer.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I have a site devoted to license plate frames - saw this post and just joined so I could add a simple hubcap banner. HEY! it's related

The welcome email mentioned CABs - I HAD to respond with "Gee I see an Andy influence here"

Merchant responded with a glowing email about Andy. I WAS going to post it...

but...

I emailed where my links are to get my 10 bucks, and merchant replied with a glowing email about Billy Kay (that was tongue-in-cheek)

Billy,

You are absolutely incredible. WOW! How awesome it is to see all the hard work you've done by placing us all over your site... You Rock! 8-) I love the way you added pictures of the caps to your categories. Very cool!

Talk to you soon, I have to go add your CAB
    Geez. Hope the merchant doesn't see this - I'll be embarrased

But in the meantime, we now have written proof that Billy Kay "ROCKS"

Don't send a heap of traffic but it is targetted
    Seems the more targetted your traffic is, the less likely you are to generate commission:

CALL TO ORDER
    Examples:

http://www.hubcaps.org/rambler.html

http://www.hubcaps.org/pon1.html

And on the currently popular LEXUS parts, a "more info" button which leads to THIS PAGE

and we stand behind them 100%.....
    Just don't stand in front of them, unless you're lubed up real good first.
    Last edited by davidh; June 30th, 2006 at 01:42 PM. Reason: fixed goof-ups on link code
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Hiya Billy!

I won't tell anyone that I've read your post. I stand by my words though. I'm very impressed with the work you put into your site. You do rock!

I only hope that I can live up to the standard!

Take care and thanks again!

April Ezell
    Affiliate Manager
    Hubcaps.com Affiliate Program
    April@hubcaps.com
    800-826-5880 / 909-983-8414
    MSN - Hubcaps.com

Oh Jeez April! i LOOKED to see if there were any Hubcap posts!!

Now I'm embarrased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ontario, right?

We'll be passing by next week on our way to The Queen Mary and Catalina.... maybe we'll stop in....

Nah! Even hotter then Vegas

No Wires,

Yes, we do have our 800 number on our pages. We actually can't stop that. A number of our orders do have to be placed over the phone. We cannot have an order button on everyone of our caps, due to availability and some pricing issues. Some of our caps go for $400.00 or more and we don't list that price on the site. The problem we have with some center caps, such as the Lexus caps, is that we have to actually match the part numbers on the back of the cap to the part numbers off the back of one of the caps we have here. Some caps have multiple clipping systems that aren't interchangeable.

We don't think we need targeted traffic. Believe it or not, women are our biggest buyers. I'd like to see our links and banners on some sites that are directed to the soccer moms, families who are in need of a hubcap, people who forget and need to see the name to be reminded.

And for the last sentence, I'm not sure what you're thinking but it sounds a bit scary!

April Ezell
    Affiliate Manager
    April@hubcaps.com
    MSN - Hubcaps.com

ABW Ambassador
    Time out. NoWires just posted some leaks, call to order stuff and it wasn't addressed. I'm at 300 clicks, 0 sales after my first month of 1/50.

So what's with the call to order stuff and the other stuff NoWires just posted?

edit, just see you addressed it, kind of. Gotta pull, just not working for me.

Billy,

I think I'd have more fun stopping in Vegas than you would out here. Though, the beach is really nice right now. Are you coming out for some vacation time?

April Ezell
    Affiliate Manager
    April@hubcaps.com
    MSN - Hubcaps.com

"We cannot have an order button on everyone of our caps, due to availability and some pricing issues."

But you CAN load some sort of offer code to identify the referring affiliate, but you don't.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I'm trying to reach Andy right now so that he can teach me about a phone code. Believe me, I want to do everything I can to make this profitable for our affiliates and ourself. I don't want to lose affs and I will do what I can to make you guys happy. Bear with me, I'm still learning.

April Ezell
    Affiliate Manager
    April@hubcaps.com
    MSN - Hubcaps.com

Seems the more targetted your traffic is, the less likely you are to generate commission
    Not necessariy true - if you do the homework first

I got the idea for license plate frames when ActionJackson told me he does well selling tires online

I didn't want to compete with someone I know, so I researched what similar automotive products people buy online

21861 license plate
    9621 license plate frame
    3719 personalized license plate
    3614 custom license plate
    2269 license plate cover
    2032 license plate holder
    That's enough searches on overture last month to get me interested

There are 42 pages on my license plate frame site - and all of them match EXACTLY what people actually search for

You won't find any Lamborgini plates on my site, because no one searches for them

AFTER you find out what people are looking for, you match it up with a merchant

In this case, there are several, like AutoAnything, Kragen, JCWhitney, etc

I looked at the stats from my coupon site to see which merchant converted the best, and THAT is the merchant I matched up with "Cadilac Escalade License Plate Frame"

And the site - even though a quickie/not my best effort site - does well.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoWires
    "We cannot have an order button on everyone of our caps, due to availability and some pricing issues."

But you CAN load some sort of offer code to identify the referring affiliate, but you don't.
    Whoa, this is a new program, the 800 number will be discussed. Give April some slack budds, she is still on the learning curve. I was out all day today, otherwise i would have jumped in here much sooner.

April, got your 12 IM's

To be addressed on Monday .....

Have an awesome weekend all....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread