Results 1 to 7 of 7
June 27th, 2006, 04:30 PM #1AvantLink Free Tools: Dynamic Coupon Feed
So far on ABW I have featured threads for several tools available for free to Affiliates in AvantLink. Once you're accepted and active as an Affiliate, you have access to a fully-integrated tool center. With this post I would like to highlight the Dynamic Coupon Feed. I'll give a brief overview of how it works and some of the great benefits of having your embedded Affiliate ID distributed around the web via RSS (either through 2.0 sites like Squidoo.com or through your own web pages).
With the Dynamic Coupon Feed, merchants can basically 'flag' an offer or offers to be included in their feeds. AMs do this when they set-up their campaigns, and the flagged items generally consists of any promo that goes above and beyond a basic transaction. For example, a 50% off sale on certain products, free shipping or Affiliate coupons can all be flagged to be included in the merchant's Dynamic Coupon Feed. We encourage text offers be flagged by the merchants, because for those using the RSS output version of the Dynamic Coupon Tool, the content is fully spiderable to the SEs.
Three best practices we've seen so far for utilizing this tool include:
- Publish dynamic offers to your site via RSS. This gives Affiliates the ability to dynamically add spiderable content of merchant promos and special offers to their web site(s). For example, build a page full of unique content dedicated to ToolKing.com & their Coupons and Sales, then add your Dynamic Coupon Feed subscription for ToolKing.com to that page.
- View new merchant offers easily through your default RSS reader. This gives Affiliates the ability to plug in the RSS feed to their readers and see (immediately) when a merchant has added a new offer. No need to receive an email or login to the network to see the latest offers to add.
- Distribute RSS feeds that include your embedded Affiliate IDs. A great example of a web 2.0 community site that would allow you to publish your Affiliate feeds is Squidoo.com. With Squidoo, you can create a lense all about the product you are promoting, optimizes that lense, then publish your Affiliate coupon feeds (and even your own site URL) through that community.
New and creative ways to publish RSS through 2.0 sites are showing up all the time. These Affiliate enabled RSS tools are a perfect fit!!
To get started using the Dynamic Coupon Feed follow these simple steps:
- Login to your Affiliate account at www.AvantLink.com. Click 'Tools' from the main menu. Once in the tool center, under 'Dynamic Coupon Tool' select the 'Create a new coupon feed' link.
- Begin configuration of your Dynamic Coupon Feed subscription by following the steps. Your subscription can be configured to use offers from a single merchant or from several, and you can create as many subscriptions as you want. There are 'Help' notes at every stage.
Once you have configured a subscription you'll have the ability to go in to your account interface and modify it at any time.
We're getting excited about some of the applications that are compatible to the Affiliate ID embedded RSS feeds we are providing. More to come soon a long these lines!!
Thank you for your support,
August 31st, 2006, 03:05 PM #2Content Page about Dynamic Coupon Feed
I wanted to update this thread to let everyone know that we've published content pages that feature each of our integrated tools. The Dynamic Coupon Feed page is available here:
September 7th, 2006, 10:26 AM #3New features to this tool have been added..
We've added the option to the DCF to get merchant's coupon/promo feeds through raw delimited datafeeds. Please use this URL for more info: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=78412
June 21st, 2011, 03:59 PM #4
Do you take incoming feeds?
- Join Date
- June 21st, 2011
I am a program manager at DataSphere Technologies Inc. and we are syndicating coupon feeds out to mutlipe partners including distributors. We prefer to have an automatic feed system in place where we would publish feeds via XML HTTP post.
Does you DCF Tool accept incoming feeds and if so, how can I learn more.
Thanks in advance,
June 21st, 2011, 04:22 PM #5
Thanks for your question. I am not positive what you mean but Merchants integrated on our network can use our API to automate the management of ad campaign/deal feeds.. the Affiliate program would have to be on our network, though.
Does that answer your question?
June 21st, 2011, 04:27 PM #6
- Join Date
- June 21st, 2011
Thanks for you quick response. We are not a merchant. Our company supports mutiple merchants by creating coupons on behalf of advertisers and displaying them on local news station websites that we power. Can we push feeds out to you that have coupons for many differnt merchants?
June 21st, 2011, 04:38 PM #7
Eve, no is the short answer because merchants pushing offers through our network would need to be fully integrated with our tracking, etc...
...unless what you're asking is whether or not we can accommodate an Affiliate program for your feed service. If that's the case than that's likely a no as well b/c we generally only integrated merchants with product catalogs and stay away from lead-based programs, or advertisers with just one product.
By GravityFed in forum AvantLink -AVReplies: 15Last Post: October 22nd, 2009, 11:56 AM
By Vrindavan in forum AvantLink -AVReplies: 9Last Post: July 29th, 2009, 03:07 PM
By GravityFed in forum AvantLink -AVReplies: 29Last Post: October 4th, 2007, 09:37 AM
By GravityFed in forum AvantLink -AVReplies: 8Last Post: September 25th, 2006, 07:18 PM
By GravityFed in forum AvantLink -AVReplies: 12Last Post: September 7th, 2006, 10:23 AM