Forgotten Blogger account.
    I guess I started a blogger account Jan 2005 and made one post. I really don't remember doing it at all...but I have days when I try lots of things and never come back to them.

Anyway I received a "you requested to change your password" email today from my blogger account, which I didn't do but it reminded me I guess about this account.

At first I thought it was someone just using my hotmail email account since I honestly do not remember doing this. I logged into the blogger account and realized I must have created it becuase all of my usual email addresses and passwords were being used.

Anyway has anyone else recieved unsolicited change of passwords from blogger recently or have encounered this happening to them?
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

I have a Blogger account but have not received a "change your password" e-mail (I would view such an e-mail with suspicion).

If you forgot your log-in details but you only created one post, why not create another free account and start over?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I was able to log in and even added a new post. I'm not really interested in keeping it anyway....just curious if anyone else had gotten a password reset email. I was thinking maybe they do that every year and a half or so!! lol...

Linkshare seems to do it every so often.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    I was able to log in and even added a new post. I'm not really interested in keeping it anyway....just curious if anyone else had gotten a password reset email. I was thinking maybe they do that every year and a half or so!! lol...

Linkshare seems to do it every so often.
    I've been with Blogger since 2001 but have yet to get such an e-mail.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Thanks Rhia I guess someone was trying to get into abandon blogger accounts There were a couple spam comments but nothing to severe.

I changed everything to notify me when comments are posted.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Could be a form of Phishing/Spam.... watch out for it - I'd report it to Blogger if I were you just in case though you may not get an answer.

Slightly off-topic, I have noticed that occasionally blogger deletes random blogs for no apparent reason which I wasn't too pleased about. They even have something in their FAQ's about it that if I recall correctly just says something to the effect of "it happens sometimes."

I used to maintain multiple blogs and found one of my preferred ones gone one day. Not impressed. I contacted them about how to get it back - even just to find out WHY it was removed (nothing offensive was on it) and got no response. I followed up with a second inquiry and didn't get response to that either.

Contact them about your spam - but they may not respond... unless they've improved in that regard which is possible.

Cheers,
    Liz

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I think Liz is right on, likely a phishing scheme of sorts.

General advice - not specific to this email: If you use the same password everywhere, you're risking a lot. Get RoboForm, let it generate unique, strong passwords everywhere you go (I have hundreds of differing p-words), let it remember them for you (it auto-logs you into places saving you time as well as providing for extra security via better password schemes). Common passwords are trouble - avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    I think Liz is right on, likely a phishing scheme of sorts.

General advice - not specific to this email: If you use the same password everywhere, you're risking a lot. Get RoboForm, let it generate unique, strong passwords everywhere you go (I have hundreds of differing p-words), let it remember them for you (it auto-logs you into places saving you time as well as providing for extra security via better password schemes). Common passwords are trouble - avoid it.
    Thanks Donuts I recently bought roboform and use it for much more than storing passwords . Well worth its price! Its an awesome tool.

Yeah I have/had 4 -6 different passwords that I used. I'm slowly implementing the roboform method.

I've noticed blogger blogs I've subscribed to deleted for no reason. I have a couple of wordpress blogs that are on my own server. I don't want to risk all my content on someone elses servers. To scary.

All the urls in the email went directly to blogger. I think someone was trying to get into it and blogger generated that email....hmmmm.... I'm off to change ALL my passwords...uggg
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Roboform is fantastic...my life is so much easier using it this past couple of years.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread