Everyday I get at least 3 emails of this same sort...

Attn: Lola

Tel: 229 93 85 32.

Greetings,

I got your contact from a good friend of mine ( Cheikh Mohamed Lemine Working with Forewin Mauritania Limited ) in mauritania, he assured me of your honest and integrity to handle this transaction. Anyway, i am from Sierra-Leone but temporally staying here in Cotonou Rep du Benin due to civil war currently going on in my country.

For your privilege information my late father Nana COULIBALY was former minister of mines and power, selling and mining of Diamond fall under his portfolio as well as other mineral resources.

Before he met his untimely death he deposited $30 million dollars in a private security company here in cotonou Rep du Benin. Being the first son of the family my name was used as the next of kin. To this effect, i have forwarded a letter of claim to the company and they have shown willingness to release the consignment to me,through the consignment was registered as jewellries and other personal effects. The company does not know the contents of the consignment. At this point i am faced with problem on how to invest this money resulting my decision to contact you to help us transfer this money to your country or any country of your choice .

If you are interested in this business call me on my telephone number above to enable me apply for certificate of change of ownership to your name.

In addition we have aggreed to offer you 30% of the money if you assist and accept our proposal. 10% mapped out to cover envisaged expenses in the course of the transaction while remaining 60% shall be release to us when we come over to your country.

Please call me immediately you receive this letter for more clarification.

Thanks and regards,

Yours sincerely Salomon Nana COULIBALY.

Somehow, somewhere my email address got on some stupid list, and I cant believe the amount I get!!! How can I stop them?

ABW Ambassador
    New spin...same old scam...usually it's for somebody that was in the oil company...stay away....far, far away....

Hi Lola,

It's just another variation of the Nigerian fraud scam - there's lots of these letters doing the rounds.

The reason you're getting them is that you have your email address published on several web pages.. spammers use a type of spider sometimes called a scraper to crawl the web and collect email addresses. They can also get the information from your WHOIS information for domains you have registered.

I'm a great believer in SpamCop - you can use it to report spam (and in the cause of this email you *should* report it) and also set it up in a variety of ways as a filter. It works pretty well.. I *only* publish my Spamcop address on the web and it cuts out most of the rubbish. Subscriptions are $3 per month.

(I usually get some flak for recommending SpamCop as it can be a headache for people with legitimate opt-in lists who get mistakenly reported.. however, I've been using it for almost a year and think it's great)

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sure wish www.spamcop.net employed some hackers to bring the consistant hosting companies who facilitate these spam artists to their knees with a DOS ( denial of Service) attack. Kornet Chinanet Oz.com xo.com and many others show up daily as the outgoing only hosting companies preferred by these wanks.

I finally got that Nigerian scam email the other day. I've heard about it everywhere but now I too am one of those privledged intended victims. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"We need your help with......" LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Sure wish www.spamcop.net employed some hackers to bring the consistant hosting companies who facilitate these spam artists to their knees with a DOS ( denial of Service) attack. Kornet Chinanet Oz.com xo.com and many others show up daily as the outgoing only hosting companies preferred by these wanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually there's an interesting article in Slashdot about China and Spam.. looks like many corporations just block all China-based email completely.

I gotta agree... 2/3rds of the spam is China or Korea or similar.

You mean this is a scam?? I've already spent a bunch of the money. This has to be true since it is on the Internet.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I got one of those today and get them alot too.

This is real. My secretary's cousin has a neighbor who knows someone who once met the sister of a guy who responded to the Nigerian letter and now he's a millionaire. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread