View Poll Results: How dependant are you on your AM money?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's just pin money, do it for fun.

2 4.65%
  • Helps me pay the hosting fees.

8 18.60%
  • Gives me that little extra I need each month to catch up on bills or put a little into savings.

7 16.28%
  • It's become part of the regular budget, I'd have a hard time making ends meet without it.

6 13.95%
  • It makes the house payment

20 46.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I'm just curious how "serious" this AM (Affiliate Marketing) program has become for people.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

I think We All depend on our AM earnings.

ABW Ambassador
    Of course there are those of us here who rely on affiliate marketing to make much much more than just house payments.
    100% of my income is from affiliate marketing.

Tick

Errr dh just quit his job -- this is it now!

Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent email left on the planet.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What Pete said!

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Half of all my income is affiliate marketing! and I'm sure it'll grow to upto 90% of all my income in the comming few months, Affiliate marketing is certainly the best thing to happen to me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Know your limits... but never stop trying to exceed them.
    In search of the ultimate knowledge

ABW Ambassador
    >> there are those of us here who rely on affiliate marketing to make much much more than just house payments.<<

Yeah, you need another option on the poll. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] AM is what I do for a living.

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Add a further option:

"My primary source of income is AM and I use the excess generated through that to invest in diversification."

Mark me down for that puppy.

100% dependent for 3+ years. I suspect there is alot of us - you better add another choice for this poll!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I think the poll referenced the 29.95 search box script which sure only makes a house payment for the author. Nice script, but takes a whole Lotta time to populate with keywords your visitors might use to find your merchants.

WebMaster Mike

do it for fun

Muffin

There's no choice for "Don't make a whole lot right now, but expect it to be a significant part of my income in the not too terribly distant future."

Hmmm... well, it is kind of a mouthful! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

J

ABW Ambassador
    Well personally it's not the main money of the household here. My husband earns more than me.

But I do earn more than my last real job. So I don't really have a catagory for me. I have not taken on any new payments with my AM money. I choose not to be able to live within our means on my Hubby's paychecks....

so I pay off bills instead, but I could make the house payment, and others as well. So I don't fit anywhere.

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

LOL - well I am sort of in-between. I'll have to wait and answer at end of this month; by then I should be able to answer #5 (but it's the rent, not a house pmt).

{

When the shoe fits the foot is forgotten
    When the belt fits the belly is forgotten
    When the heart is right "for" and "against" are forgotten. - Chuang Tzu

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    I think the poll referenced the 29.95 search box script which sure only makes a house payment for the author. Nice script, but takes a whole Lotta time to populate with keywords your visitors might use to find your merchants.

WebMaster Mike

No, the poll was for affiliate marketing, generally, as a form of making money.

My Search Script is just another way to use AM on a site. And actually you can use a text editor to "populate" it. It goes really fast. Just fyi... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kat:
    100% dependent for 3+ years. I suspect there is alot of us - you better add another choice for this poll!

Well Haiko only has it set for 5 options. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

But when I did "it makes the house pmt" I meant "it's the whole ball of wax" kind of answer, cause to me, if you are making the house pmt, that's the main one, so I'm assuming it's your main source. So if you do it for a living, then yes, that'd be the right choice.

But yes, at least on this board, I'm surprised by the results. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Pretty interesting results, indeed...

what contrast from other boards where most polls show that people are not making any or much money. Guess ABW is where the money is [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

That, or else our house payments are lower than on other boards. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent email left on the planet.

Then there are those of us who are building towards the goal of making it our primary income so we can quit our realworld jobs.

ABW goes a long way in helping to attain that goal.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by wly:
    Pretty interesting results, indeed...

what contrast from other boards where most polls show that people are not making any or much money. Guess ABW is where the money is [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

That was one of the reason's I posted.... I didn't realize it before, but I think ABW is really where the "heavy hitters" of AM hang out.

Because when I've asked on other sites... the results are opposite to what they are here...

Very interesting.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

@Webmistress [That, or else our house payments are lower than on other boards]ROFLOL:)

It's all I do and all I want to do...besides bank the checks;)

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

For those ppl earning more than 5k a mth, are they still holding a real job outside?

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

ABW Ambassador
    >>For those ppl earning more than 5k a mth, are they still holding a real job outside?<<

Probably won't get a lot of answers to the question when it's phrased with a salary figure -- many people here are (with good reason) unwilling to share how much they earn.

That said, affiliate marketing IS my Real Job.

And the only one I have.

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

I do affiliate marketing in my free time... I have a pretty good real job so I haven't switched yet. Yet being the key word in that phrase. The thing that keeps me at my day job is stability. With the economy the way it is I get nervous when I think about just living off of affiliate marketing money. If I were making over 5k a month I might re-think that but for now that is how it is going to be. With my luck I would quit my day job and all of my good merchants would close their programs. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Core

"Somebody's got some 'splanin to do!" - Rex [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I began AM part time almost three years ago in order to diversify my income sources. I've been self-employed for 32 years (started before I had a driver's license) designing custom homes. As the business peaked I realized the construction boom wouldn't last forever, so began the website as a back-up income. Today I could live nicely on either one. AM is a huge challenge, so I'm more inclined to move in that direction in the future. In my first year it paid off the mortgage and last year it paid all the bills. My original business is a now a source of fun money.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast