Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Internet Cowboy
    For CJ affiliates attending Aff. Sumitt
    If you are attending the summit and are opposed to LMI, would you wear this button while you are there?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    If I was going, I'd wear it.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Those would be perfect for CJU!! Somebody should have them created and distributed.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Would make a nice avatar. I just put it up for a second Scooter, I will remove it

Nice Trust! We should all do that. Would have more impact than wearing at the Summit as we know CJ staff are here every day.

Better yet, wonder what Loxy from CafePress could do for us? Mugs, caps, t-shirts (no thongs please).
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Scoot, finalize the art.

Someone who is attending forward me their addy.

I'll pay for the buttons if said attendee helps distribute them.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

http and a telephoto
    I'm the button lady, send them along.... haiko, will pm an address right in Florida you can ship them too. And I would argue and say I would get them but I know you won't let me...

Michael and whoever else wants to help distribute them can stop by Sunday or early Monday and grab them.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Done, All I need is art (the link to the CP store).

Ty Loxster and FLA person.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

http and a telephoto
    Glad to be of help.
    Deborah Carney

Scoot still needs to send me the link.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

http and a telephoto
    Well somebody go wake him up and tell him we need this ASAP to get it in time Dang men that think they should sleep at night anyways.... lol. post a hot topic and then run away....
    Deborah Carney

Internet Cowboy
    I am a CP dummy and can't figure out how to get this into a store where I can send a link. lol
    I can send someone the original 900x900 image I made or someone who is better at graphics than I am can create it better.
    I live in Florida and can dist. them as well. Whatever works.
    Loxly and Haiko, email sent!

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Would make a nice avatar. I just put it up for a second Scooter, I will remove it
    I thought about that last night after I had shut down the office. Feel free to use it. The more the merrier!!! I am going to use it and will post an image here for you or others to use. We need to kill this and anything we do to kill it works for me. Here is where I posted the avatar
    Last edited by UncleScooter; June 29th, 2006 at 08:22 AM.

Big Button -> http://www.cafepress.com/abwbutton.63905157
    Small Button -> http://www.cafepress.com/abwbutton.63905158

I'll order a bunch for Loxly to give away at the cafepress booth.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Internet Cowboy
    You are the man Haiko!!

If I knew it would change things yes.. but as i know it wont.. nope

Quote Originally Posted by Morethanable
    You sound like the people who refuse to vote because it won't make a difference. How do you know that it won't change things?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    You sound like the people who refuse to vote because it won't make a difference. How do you know that it won't change things?

I think the petition, the uproar, in conjunction with loss in Merchants and Publishers will make a difference. CJ has screwed up really badly and unless they plan on getting out of the affiliate business, they will have to bend to the economics of the situation. We are all starting new programs with other, non CJ merchants because of the uncertainty brought on by LMI. I personally am starting to look at ALL other alternatives, I would have never done this if LMI hadn't come along. Granted I only do about 200k in sales a year at CJ, but I am about to launch a new site that is 40 times larger than my current one, with big ticket items instead of media, with a much larger PPC budget. CJ's loss...

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Morethanable
    There is power in numbers. They want people to think the way you do and then they can go on their merry way. Standing up to show them they need to think more about what they are doing is totally appropriate. They aren't just messing around with affiliates with this, they are messing with merchants as well.

Bottom line, with no merchants and no affiliates, there is no Commission Junction....
    Deborah Carney

Morethanable,

Since you've essentially been outted as a CJ troll in another thread, it makes me giggle that you would try to come in here and put some rain on this button parade.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    There is power in numbers. They want people to think the way you do and then they can go on their merry way. Standing up to show them they need to think more about what they are doing is totally appropriate. They aren't just messing around with affiliates with this, they are messing with merchants as well.

Bottom line, with no merchants and no affiliates, there is no Commission Junction....
    Exactly! I mean look at what all has happened so quickly around here, probably the largest coming together of affiliates in years (heck, we could not get this much unity on fighting parasites):

1. Nearly 350 signatures on a petition.
    2. Dozens of posts fighting Javascripts as the only alternative (with maybe less than a handful of folks saying they think it is okay).
    3. Anti-LMI buttons being printed and distributed at an affiliate gathering.
    4. www.lmisucks.com (It's got to be bad for someone to do that)
    5. People changing their avatars to the anti-LMI one. (when did we ever see that?)
    6. Merchants either leaving CJ or opening alternate programs at other networks or in-house.
    7. Affiliates dropping CJ and moving to other networks.

I'm sure I've missed something, but there is a heck of a lot of momentum here and it is just rolling along. We need Billy Kay to go downtown Vegas and get the odds makers to give us the odds on LMI surviving. Heck, at the rate CJ is ignoring us and merchants, maybe we should get the odds on CJ surviving.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    6. Merchants either leaving CJ or opening alternate programs at other networks or in-house.
    I don't see where that many merchants are pulling out of CJ or giving us an alternate platform. That's where this war is gonna fall short. If we had an alternate means of linking to the merchant's still at CJ (whether they choose to leave CJ altogether or open another program at an affiliate-friendly network) the hurt would actually HURT and maybe open some eyes at CJ.

Let's face it, we all hate to see CJ go down in flames. They've been a great network for all of us for years ... it's pathetic to have to fight them like this but I, for one, am very disappointed at the lack of MERCHANT response and initiative to this mess. WTF are they waiting for?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I don't see where that many merchants are pulling out of CJ or giving us an alternate platform. That's where this war is gonna fall short. If we had an alternate means of linking to the merchant's still at CJ (whether they choose to leave CJ altogether or open another program at an affiliate-friendly network) the hurt would actually HURT and maybe open some eyes at CJ.

Let's face it, we all hate to see CJ go down in flames. They've been a great network for all of us for years ... it's pathetic to have to fight them like this but I, for one, am very disappointed at the lack of MERCHANT response and initiative to this mess. WTF are they waiting for?
    CJ has said that they will issue a 6 month notice when they make javascript links mandatory. The day they issue that notice you will see a LOT of activity from merchants.

I have spoken with upper management at several large CJ merchants and have been assured that they are not going to allow their affiliates to be forced to use javascript links. They will either go in-house or to another network.

ABW Ambassador
    The merchants are misinformed as they have been told nothing has changed, they don't realize how hard CJ have made it for us to still use legacy links.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I think UncleScooter has a very good point. Most merchants are hoping this will fall on its face and I've found most merchats don't want to say anything publicly because it is posting something negative about their program. They don't want affiliates considering their program to read how unhappy the merchant is with their own network.

It is easier and better PR to simply join an additional network or provide something in-house.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast