Newbie just joined and want to learn
    Hi Everyone,

Just a thanks to Jack Mitchell aka jackson992 for introducing me to this forum.

I'm an old retired guy who wants to get started in affiliate marketing so I can generate residual income to pass on to my six kids when I leave this earth for good.

I'd also like to learn how to help so many retirees who are stuck in a barely tenable spot when they try to live on nothing but Social Security.

Wouldn't it be nice also, if each successful affiliate could find a way to help just one child get out of a life where there is no value placed on education or work.

Well, off the soapbox. I'm happy to be here and I know I'm in for a real education myself. Can't wait to get started.

Regards, Ray Fellers

Welcome Ray!

Jacks a pretty cool guy. Glad he lead you here. Read a lot, use the search feature to see if questions and answers have not already been addressed and when all else fails, post a question and we will try to help.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Be sure to also check the newbie forum too Ray. Lots of good tips for new affiliates justgetting started.

Hey Ray,

Hi and Welcome to ABW! As a friend of Jack's your already family ... read and feel free to ask away, we won't bite.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    My dad is semi-retired at 70 and built a site 10 years ago on WebTV. He is only making $100 a month on AdSense as it is a travel destination site. He is cleaning out all the low value links he accepted over the years and hopes to increase ranking and traffic. If he makes $500 a month he will be set. Its never to late to start.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfellers
    Hi Everyone,

Just a thanks to Jack Mitchell aka jackson992 for introducing me to this forum.

I'm an old retired guy who wants to get started in affiliate marketing so I can generate residual income to pass on to my six kids when I leave this earth for good.

I'd also like to learn how to help so many retirees who are stuck in a barely tenable spot when they try to live on nothing but Social Security.

Wouldn't it be nice also, if each successful affiliate could find a way to help just one child get out of a life where there is no value placed on education or work.

Well, off the soapbox. I'm happy to be here and I know I'm in for a real education myself. Can't wait to get started.

Regards, Ray Fellers
    well, as one retiree to another, I'd like you to get an idea out of your head.

residual income

you hear that from the MLM crowd all the time . . .

if you expect your sites to provide one for the children, then said children will have to study to be webmasters. that's the only way your work will be passed on.

on the other hand, investing some of the money you make will build a legacy for them.

---------

yes, living on SS can be a farce. my history is taking care of my parents for over 20 years and that didn't build anything, of course. Then, when I got a factory j*b at 55, the job went to Mexico after three years and I went back to school. Fortunately I worked all the overtime for that period so I can survive on SS, but then I do own my house.

I interned right at the school after getting my MCSE, and spent a lot of time analyzing their Web traffic. This helped my work with my own sites that I'd started years before.

--------

I've learned a lot more right here. This is definitely the place to start.

rayfellers
    Hi Definitely like your thinking You'll learn lots of stuff here just from reading posts. You'll definitely get answers to your questions, too Good luck

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Thumbs up
    Welcome aboard Ray! Nice to have you here.

Ditto on what everyone else said. It's a really interesting business... always something new to be learned.

Best advice I ever got when starting out in this industry a few years ago was "make ABW your bible." While of course many of the comments may be subjective, there truly is a wealth of knowledge here... read enough and you'll make sense of it eventually. I did!

Best of luck,

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Welcome rayfellers!

There are lots of things to learn. You can read and learn on ABW

Or sometimes, browse around and learn what other affiliates are doing. There are some nifty people out there and always making things better. Or finding a loophole. Like the guy that managed to get google to index like 2 million pages or his site in 3 weeks.

Welcome and hope you stay

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread