Four Sentenced to Prison in Federal Online Piracy Crackdown
    "These are the first federal criminal sentences for members of the so-called "warez scene" from the Charlotte component of Operation FastLink, an ongoing federal crackdown against the organized piracy groups responsible for most of the initial illegal distribution of copyrighted movies, software, games and music on the Internet..." http://crimedaily.com/crime/warez.htm

Pretty interesting.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Gone are the good days when you could just hop online and download music to your heart's content. Scared to even look now..
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Yeah but they have been going after those lamers since the beginning. I'm waiting to hear about some outfit that gets busted for stealing 100s of thousands, if not millions from their affiliates because I KNOW they are out there. If they would throw the book at a few it might just help to curb it down some...but for now it's still the wild west and a free for all.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    Gone are the good days when you could just hop online and download music to your heart's content. Scared to even look now..
    If you created that content you wouldn't think it was the good old days...

True, true - was a long time ago..
    Last edited by MoneyBusiness; June 29th, 2006 at 03:48 PM.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com

Yeah, theft is theft... although sometimes it is easy to forget when talking software and music especially if you're a teenager. The temptation is too strong and most kid's pockets are too shallow. Funny how so many of them wouldn't shoplift yet they don't think twice about swapping software and music.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    Yeah, theft is theft... although sometimes it is easy to forget when talking software and music especially if you're a teenager. The temptation is too strong and most kid's pockets are too shallow. Funny how so many of them wouldn't shoplift yet they don't think twice about swapping software and music.
    Even my sister (super good young lady) did it back in the day. I think it all boiled down to a lack of education, media coverage, etc back then, like it is now.

Now that they've stepped it up, I'm sure there has been a huge decrease, especially since the media is showing examples of what can happen.

some outfit that gets busted for stealing 100s of thousands, if not millions from their affiliates because I KNOW they are out there. If they would throw the book at a few it might just help to curb it down some...but for now it's still the wild west and a free for all.
    I wouldn't be surprised if something like that gets uncovered and it turns out to be an inside (tracking network) job.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    There is a purpose for file sharing: distributed backup systems. If you need to back up an important file of non-personal information, rename it "Britney Spears Nude[key].jpg" and put it in the share file.

When you need to restore it, search for the file name. It will have propagated through hundreds of computers in a matter of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by weisinator
    There is a purpose for file sharing: distributed backup systems. If you need to back up an important file of non-personal information, rename it "Britney Spears Nude[key].jpg" and put it in the share file.

When you need to restore it, search for the file name. It will have propagated through hundreds of computers in a matter of hours.
    That must have been before Britney's interview with Matt Lauer...
    leeann

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread