Talking Superman Returns
    Saw it. Loved it. Best Superman yet.

'nuff said.

I agree. Fantastic movie! Superman has well and truly returned.

Louis lane is the typical female.
    Gets knocked up by some dude. Finds the first sucker she can find and tells him he's the daddy

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Talking
    I'm going to see it tomorrow night!

Have you seen the trailers for Spiderman 3? Venom has arrived...

Sooo excited for that one to come out!!

Wow, HG, was that really necessary?

We saw it at the Smithsonian IMAX tonight, everyone really enjoyed it!

I thought it could of been better. Too much was focused on "soul searching" and "romance" crap. That stuff is fine but when I go and see some Super Hero Movie I want to see more effects. The deal with the plane was pretty good, but other than that the film was generally lame. He did not even confront or fight anyone. Lex treated him like a b1tch and slapped him down....Lex's minions were indirectly killed by Superman....

I guess I was just more interested in seeing what a Superman can do as opposed to the dynamics of his jacked up love life.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    saw it - meh.
    This movie wasn't bad but it was really hyped beyond what it should have been in my opinion.

I agree with DSteitz - I just saw the Xmen movie a few wks ago - now THAT was a good movie... Superman was ho hum. Having said that, I went with about 8 friends and we saw it in IMAX as well (3D parts were kinda cool) and everyone else liked it more than I did. So goes to show what I know.

Actually having a back story and feelings for the characters is what makes it a great movie versus just a CGI fest. X-Men 3 was bad in my opinion because there was very little character development and you didn't really care about any of the characters.

If all you want is a graphics intensive experience then play more video games.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Actually having a back story and feelings for the characters is what makes it a great movie versus just a CGI fest. X-Men 3 was bad in my opinion because there was very little character development and you didn't really care about any of the characters.
    I think X-3 was made for fans ... I totally cared about the characters but I knew them well already after 1 & 2 - might not have felt that way had I not seen and loved the first 2 movies.

Going to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (whatever it's called ... Dead Man's Chest?) this week. That should be fun!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    X-3 had some every good story lines, but if you did not see the first 2 then you just would not get it.

Super hero movies are suppose to have lots of action, if I wanted all kinds of plot, I'd see a drama.

Superman has 2 fatal flaws, one is kryptonite and the other is he is superman the man of steel and no villian can match his super powers. It's really hard to pack action into that scenario so you have to fluff it up with love stories and human emotions. Save that for Brokeback Mountain type films :P

just saw it. just wonder, is that boy superman's son ?

I have seen all X-Men movies, used to read the comics books for that matter. X3 destroyed far too many things and didn't develop hardly any characters other than Wolverine (which is why there will be a spinoff for him). X3 was not my favorite by far because it had WAY too many plot holes and screwups. Heck, the special effects weren't anything new for that matter. Nothing really impressive. The "wow" factor is gone.

The best movie, in my opinion, is a balance between action, special effects, and a decent plot with some humor mixed in. Superman had nearly all that, but still a few holes in it.

I agree than Lex Luthor is getting old as a villian, and Superman DID have other villians (and still does today).

Pirates of the Carribean 2 is definitely something to look forward to this friday, and since they already started making P3 that's good news.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread