ABW Ambassador
    Duplicate Store for Different Merchant
    I would like to copy a store or coupon template & use it but for another merchant. I have been hoping for this for sometime and it would make it a lot easier otherwise I have to start from scratch each time I want to add a new merchant. I have to try to remember all the settings for fonts & colors etc so I can keep it the same. If all this could be saved and duplicated it would be very welcome thanks.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

If you use CSS you can control settings for fonts & colors.

Create a "master" styles sheet and link it to your content.

Create a (content) "template" with Dreamweaver or whatever html editor or content management system you'd like to use.

You'll be able to keep the settings similar and vary them to separate the "different stores/sites."

Create style1, style2, etc. with your desired variations.

I am actually in the process of doing that now to give some uniformity to my sites.

I find this site helpful:

http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/support/Tr...esign/css.html
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I have a couple of nearly blank templates that have place holders for SSI (includes) The included files contain things such as the header, logo banner, bottom links and whatever other elements I want on the page. They can even be used for Google ads if you want. I can simply change the background and the included files to create an entirely different site. I can even use WM to pick out included items such as small paragraphs to put on the pages, individually, by adding an extra field to the datafeeds. Changing the datafeed changes the products, of course.

Includes can be used to change elements of the site wide or category wide on the fly. You only need to change one file to change your pages. I always leave a include to a blank file for announcement that I may want to add, later.

This cuts down the design time for new sites to next to nothing once you decide what you want to put on the site. Most of my sites have 6 to 8 includes on each page. I can just change the background and perhaps the layout of the pages and make 6 to 8 new files to create a whole new site using my nearly blank templates!

You can use this with CSS but I just put the way the fonts and so forth should look into the WM code that I use so, I don't need to do that.
    Last edited by SSanf; June 30th, 2006 at 07:27 AM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    hi Rhia & thanks for offering some ideas but I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing? In Goldencan when you create a new store you are given options like font colors etc, display product detail, display search box, products per page, Open in external window .... I'm also using the GetData option.

I plan to create stores for quite a few merchants but I would have to create each one where it would be much easier if I could duplicate a store or Coupon list and just be able to change the merchant.

If I could do the formatting with css it would be great but the tags are hard coded into the html from the Goldencan server.

SSanf, I just read your comments thanks, its still not anything to do with what I'm asking for help here with but I do appreciate your thoughts.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Humm....Guess I didn't understand the question before.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    thats ok, its probably something only Goldencan can help with since its coded in the backend

ABW Ambassador
    I'm going to use RSS by the looks as this seems to give me more control over the design and easier to use. so my request is not too important now but it might be good to have this feature in future for when using the ASP or PHP code.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    If you use CSS you can control settings for fonts & colors.

[/url]

this is great as I'm able to do this now with xml, thanks everyone!

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I would like to copy a store or coupon template & use it but for another merchant. I have been hoping for this for sometime and it would make it a lot easier otherwise I have to start from scratch each time I want to add a new merchant. I have to try to remember all the settings for fonts & colors etc so I can keep it the same. If all this could be saved and duplicated it would be very welcome thanks.
    Hi glinted,
    This feature is in the development right now and will be released soon. You have asked for a feature of default settings that can be used every time you create a new store, but we are implementing something even more better which I am sure you will love it. You will be able to apply the settings from any existing store to any store you like.

ABW Ambassador
    sounds exciting, thanks!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread