Post I did it.. Here is what I think
    Ok, I ended my trial, I put a few of the LMI links on my pages.
    Not to bad so far but most of my sites depend on sending a customer to a specific page, so for 98% of my target clicks this will not work.

Also I am a frontpage user and it makes it VERY difficult to design a page when you do not know what the out come will be in design mode. I could not see where the links were unless I jumped in and out of Preview mode. I have quite a few sites and this feature or lack there of is bothersome.

One Good point for the few LMI links I used as banners, I didn't see any difference in load time. But keep in mind I said banners and I only place one of these per page.

Over all I would be pleased if CJ would keep both. I like the Idea of the banners changing automaticaly. However I also need the flexablity of the Legacy links. I know $50,000 - $100,000 is small fry but in the end it all adds up.

That's my experience with the LMI

Talking
    I've stopped worrying about the LMI. Even though I do 3/4 of my business with CJ merchants.

I figure either:
    -'4th party solutions will appear to make links workable. Along the lines of what GC and others do but different programming.
    -Merchants will continue to add in-house programs or at different networks. Its already happening. Thanks CJ for allowing that.
    -CJ will change their position to allow HTML links indefinitely.

If none of that happens, eat ramen noodles and keep trying to diversify.
    Last edited by simcat; June 30th, 2006 at 06:42 AM.

1 Javascript link/banner will work fine, upto 3 may not look odd, but after that, like 10 javascript links/banners on a single page will increase the load time.

Quote Originally Posted by apex-auctions
    Not to bad so far but most of my sites depend on sending a customer to a specific page, so for 98% of my target clicks this will not work.
    Hah! Not so bad, indeed. At least you still have 2% of your clicks left!
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Exclamation Here is what I found!
    This morning I thought I would take the bull by the horns and implement some of the JS codes for one of my merchants. Imagine my horror when, after spending a good 30 minutes copying and pasting the codes, I discovered that every single JS code had exactly the same text description and most of them didn't even land on the correct page. I also use FrontPage and cannot see the text without switching between design mode and preview. Also, with no way to change color and font our webpages are going to look like crap!! This is going to be a damn nightmare if CJ decides to go with Javascript as the default - enough to drive one to .

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    This morning I thought I would take the bull by the horns and implement some of the JS codes for one of my merchants. Imagine my horror when, after spending a good 30 minut......ook like crap!! This is going to be a damn nightmare if CJ decides to go with Javascript as the default - enough to drive one to .
    I had to remove My LMI Java codes it was playing havock with my tables. I too think I am going to be driven to
    Need eBooks ? [URL=http://www.softebooks.com]We gott'em[/URL]:escape:<br>

I'd rather take the bull to the butcher. I'm not into bullfighting.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Div Tags
    I've been placing the little bastards within DIV tags with width and height specified in the style attribute ... and replacing CJ merchants when there is a good alternative.

Code:
    <div style="width: 120px; height: 60px;">
    CJ's stinky little LMI code
    </div>
    the div tags will reserve the spot of the CJ link ... even in the large number of cases that the js link does not display.

The fact that replacing an existing HTML link with an LMI link will drop revenue from an ad from 10% to 30% has really dampened my enthusiasm for CJ.

Of course, since CJ won't ever see impressions or clicks from the large number of people surfing with JavaScript turned off, they will never see the damage that they have done to their program.

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Ok so yesterday I took a few Fishes Recipes (part of my Loaves and Fishes section I am building) and added some of these New LMI linkies the Picture was good one of Salmon for sale at one of my merchants I built up a couple of pages with different Salmon recipes and uploaded them. I then took a peak. They all Left Justified even though I thought I had them well centered. (Bad boys) and they all went directly to the home page when I clicked on them Not to the Juicy Fishies on the Picture Was not a Happy Cook
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread