Need programming ideas.....
    Hey all. Been a while since I was last here. Been doing a little of this and a lot of that.

Some of the little of this that I did involved writing a IM Bot. Basically, people can send message to it and it would respond with a given answer. I wrote one as a demo that would tie into a network so the affiliate could get new coupons, instant stats, or whatever else is needed.

Anyhow, I need ideas as to how/what uses people would want. If you had such a tool, what would you want it to do?

Hit me with your ideas people. I'm bored and want to create.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

If there was no given answer for a specific question, the tool should email/contact whomever is utilizing this IM bot with the question so they may update the bot with the answer as well as contact whomever asked the question to answer their question/concern.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

Well, if it works, I'd be aiming for this: http://www.robotinvaders.com/main/default.aspx

Just a thought.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Might be nice to have some sort of web API to use in conjunction with the bot in case we'd like to automate our requests.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Product Search Bot?
    You could have it search a giant database of products from affiliate programs to find what merchants sell a particular product, what is their base commission, and for how much they sell it.

I think yahoo instant messenger has that, but not for affiliate products...

Good ideas guys. There will be database connectivity for sure. I was also planning on some sort of web admin interface to add/remove and track questions.

Any other ideas?
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    also make it as a php include. This way you can get the actul data seen from search engines eyes.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread