Angry PetSmart - Linkshare - Did not track - AGAIN
    We again placed a purchase for PetSmart through our site and again we were not given credit. We had the click through but not the sale.

It you have PetSmart on your site and can make a purchase through them, please let us know if you get credit.

This is probably it for us with PetSmart.

Tax Paying Member
    Some few merchants will not let their affiliates make a personal purchase and get credit for a sale. Have you checked TOS to see if this might be the situation?

From my viewpoint, a purchase is a purchase. I take a hard look at this type of merchant.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

No there is nothing in the agreement. I have had PetSmart on my site since March 2005 and have purchased from them on a regular basis but the last two have been a problem. I rotate my purchases amount my merchants and have never had this problem two purchases in a row.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Try contacting them directly with an email. I saw that you had some luck getting the commission in another thread after emailing them.

I do not think they have a dedicated acct manager there but more of a group or maybe a liason at Linkshare as the address is petsmart@linkshare.com or something along that line.

If you need help, I will ask for my contact at LS to pass the word. Shoot an email to me which I will FWD on

ericewe /at/ fairfieldresorts.com

Thanks of the post. As you indicated I had this same problem before and also sent e-mails to the address you mentioned. I plan on sending another followup tomorrow.

Try contacting them directly with an email. I saw that you had some luck getting the commission in another thread after emailing them
    All too often, a vendor will 'sweep it under the carpet' by crediting the commission for the sale in question. But getting the commission paid for the test purchase does NOTHING to remedy the fact that THE SALE DID NOT GET TRACKED.

If tracking has already failed twice on your own test purchases, communicating with them is a waste of time.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Would it be possible to have an error in the tracking on your side or their side?

Do some process of elimination.
    1) Check your Link
    2) check your LS ID
    3) Do they have a non commission item?
    4) anything else..

Just my 2 cents but I sure know it sucks when they fail to track and no response

I had been purchasing from them since 1995 from the same link on my website without any problem until the last two purchases. No changes to the link so I don't know what the problem would be. Twice in a row bothers me.

ABW Ambassador
    Something is definitely wrong with Petsmart, I am sure of it. There is a tracking problem somewhere. They used to convert great for me and I just now checked stats and don't send them a lot of traffic and they're 0 for the last 500+ clicks. I used to be around 8% conversion.

TrustNo1

Say your post in another forum regarding our post. No harm was meant by us and we were not trying to run up our post count. Don't know what benefit it would be to us to do that.

ABW Ambassador
    Sig priv. PM priv etc. Which would go along with your nick and avatar - promotion. What would you think if you saw 14 straight copy and paste replys in a matter of minutes.

But this thread is about Petsmart and they do have issues.

ABW Ambassador
    I have 1 sale for 1151 clicks. That one sale was a "test purchase." I admit, I've kind of given up on PETsMART and don't promote it heavily.

Unhappy
    I've noticed an increase in tracking issues tracing back for several weeks. I haven't gotten replies to emails either. Not a good sign....

We have sent an e-mail today to petsmart@linkshare.com indicating that this is the 2nd time in several months that this has happened and have not heard anything since filing a transaction inquiry on July 1, 2006. Let's see what happens!

We received a manuel credit to our account today.

nice.

but did they fix the problem.

TrustNo1 alerted the Linkshare rep and hopefully they can fix it.

ABW Ambassador
    That's good but it doesn't deal with the problem. I have no idea how many people have actually bought stuff thru my links and wasn't credited with the sale.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread