Analytics Setup
    For those of you using conversion goals in your analytics tracking as an affiliate, can you use the absolute landing URL to track conversions, or is it necessary to use the CJ or Shareasale link URL to track?

And do you understand what I'm asking?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    "Google Analytics has the enterprise level capabilities you'd expect from a high end web analytics offering and also provides timesaving integration with AdWords. Of course, Google Analytics tracks all of your non-AdWords initiatives as well."

In order for any "high end analytics offering" to really work you would need to control the shopping cart. Hard code the cart.

That's what I suspected. But I've been toying with it. Still waiting on some data to show up...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Does anyone know a good on-line tutorial to help me get the best out of Google Analytics? I'm using it but sure that it could do more for me.

Colin
    Jigsaw2order.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw2order
    Does anyone know a good on-line tutorial to help me get the best out of Google Analytics? I'm using it but sure that it could do more for me.

Colin
    Jigsaw2order.com
    Hmmmm our minds think alike. lol I've just been reading what's at Google but between trying to learn all about the adwords and that.....I'm not going to live long enough to read and then read it again. lol I have been discovering all kinds of new things about it every few days, though all on my own by just clicking on things. (just discovered the little +'s next to things give more drop-downs of information so can narrow things even more from the original drop-down)
    Took a little time-out in the middle of posting this to go check on something. lol I subscribe to Google groups (haven't actually participated in any of the forums yet) I opt in for them to send me emails of the posts that have been made so I can try to learn more about the subjects. I checked and just signed up for the Google analytics to be sent to me. Granted I doubt if I'm going to live long enough to read all of these, either. lol If you don't have one....get a g-mail account and they'll always be there for you because you don't have to worry about the space.
    Thanks for bringing up this topic since it made me go and check. Hadn't even thought about that til you mentioned it

For those of you using conversion goals in your analytics tracking as an affiliate, can you use the absolute landing URL to track conversions, or is it necessary to use the CJ or Shareasale link URL to track?
    I used the little javascript line for tracking exit clicks, and set it as a goal for someone to click that. Goals seem to be more for merchants, but I wanted to get something out of it. I'm not sure if it's worthwhile and only did it for one site.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread