just a little curious question...no big deal
    Was looking at the Today's Stats and was just a little curious about something. Majority of the time under the site that had been visited it lists the url of the page it was on when visited. Some don't have that information but instead say:
    "Last Page Clicked: ," Does anybody know what that stands for or why it's different than the others? Like I said...no big deal...just noticed and was curious I'll definitely manage to live without finding out the answer

Internet Cowboy
    I am seeing more and more of that myself. I am thinking maybe Brian has made some changes that are keeping the referral page from showing up. Purely speculation.

Lightbulb
    I think certain spiders, like the one from ask.com, can register. But I thought that was fixed last year.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    Was looking at the Today's Stats and was just a little curious about something. Majority of the time under the site that had been visited it lists the url of the page it was on when visited. Some don't have that information but instead say:
    "Last Page Clicked: ," Does anybody know what that stands for or why it's different than the others?
    I like to think that if there is no page source, it means they came in from a cookie.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

That was always my hope, Rexanne
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I like to think that if there is no page source, it means they came in from a cookie.
    I don't think that is it. If the sale doesn't occur on the first visit, we see something like this:

Period of time between click and sale (Return Days): 19 Days
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

So, I'm not the only one who had noticed it.
    I know I'll regret asking this cos it's going to be an obvious thing that I should know.... lol do you mean by the cookie that it would've been someone that had visited the site from mine originally then on their own went back to visit so that's why there wouldn't have been a url? As far as I know I haven't seen anything like what you mentioned Greg.
    While we're on the subject of cookies...have another question. After I run the adaware programs there are usually cookies. Usually run them once a week or so. Is there any reason I would have to keep any cookies from places like CJ, Linkshare, Performics, etc?

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    If that field is blank it means that no header information (HTTP REFERER) came through which could indicate a javascript redirect, popup window, email, etc....
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Nope, don't think you have any javascript links I'm using. Not even sure you have javascript links since everybody here seems to love your site and I know how they all just love javascript links. lol Nope, don't use any pop-ups either. hmmmm? I did send out my very first newsletter though...so possible somebody clicked the link in it. Thank you very much for answering my question

Hmmmmm I am observant lately. lol somebody's avatar looks a little different today?? Had to look at it again then tried to find an older post to see if it was different but ummm that was a stupid thing to do. lol Took me a bit but think somebody might be minus glasses?? Look very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    If that field is blank it means that no header information (HTTP REFERER) came through which could indicate a javascript redirect, popup window, email, etc....
    I don't know what all the etc.... could mean, but I would like to throw in this extra info too.....

I have I couple of new PHP sites that have merchants that are not included on my regular html sites yet, and I am also seeing those "Last Page Clicked: ,", so since I know that those pages are not visited by real visitors yet, I can only assume and speculate that those clicks are made by some spiders, so I am not going to count on any commision from those mysterious cliks, but it's too bad that I can't count on all the NH or BSBofNY real targeted clicks either.

Sal.

purplebear... these would not be javascript links. I am talking about redirects, which are common if you use your own stat-tracking application prior to sending traffic to us, etc...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I don't use javascript generally either unless they could be GoldenCan clicks?

ABW Ambassador
    I dont use any of those, just on-page links customers can click on, and I still get plenty of those. I've always assumed it was from cookies or bookmarks; my visitors wouldn't be savvy enough to turn referrers off.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    I dont use any of those, just on-page links customers can click on, and I still get plenty of those. I've always assumed it was from cookies or bookmarks; my visitors wouldn't be savvy enough to turn referrers off.
    Same here. My pages with SAS on 'em are all plain-vanilla.

But I've been getting referrerless clicks mostly from some of my old pages. The age thing makes me wonder if it's people pulling the pages out of the Google (or other SE) cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    purplebear... these would not be javascript links. I am talking about redirects, which are common if you use your own stat-tracking application prior to sending traffic to us, etc...

Brian
    Would Google Analytics be an example of what you're referring to? I'm sorry I ended up having you responding to the post. Didn't intend to be pestering you about it. Was really just curious and thought others may have noticed and knew what it meant.

ABW Ambassador
    I woke up very early today and noticed 1 click on one of my merchants - with the full URL listed. When I went back a half hour later, there was still the 1 click but without the URL - only the dreaded comma.

Any ideas what this means?

I got the same problem. This is what I get:
    This order has no referrer / contact us if questions

Canadian Dave,

That could have been a spider - as spiders don't count on your hit/click counts as much as we can control it.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread