CJ: Your email is being returned as invalid
    My work CJ account, and my personal account, are both telling me that the primary email address (ie the one that gets messages from merchants every day, including yesterday) is invalid.

I'm suspecting this is a glitch, to go hand-in-hand with the "offer(s) pending your approval" glitch that has yet to be fixed.

Either that or they have decided that hotmail/gmail/yahoo accounts are no longer acceptable...

I have been getting the same since last week. Posted in this thread
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=75101

I filled out the "Ask A Question" report last week, and it is still unresolved. I have edited it about half a dozen times, but the next time I check in it gives me the same error message.

I also noticed that on the new CJ login page, when I type the first letter in my user name (email address), it completes it, but the domain portion of the email is misspelled. I also filled out the "Ask A Question" report on this problem, but it is still unresolved.

I suspect it is a glitch on their end, but I don't know how long it is going to take to get it corrected.
    Ken

Same issue here. I'm not using any hotmail/yahoo/gmail account - it's happening with my own private domain email.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Yes, CJ is having major problems evidently. I have three AAQ support tickets they have yet to answer, one going back as far back as June 21 (over two weeks!). I'm guessing the poor support folks are just overwhelmed. I feel sorry for them.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by enginez
    Either that or they have decided that hotmail/gmail/yahoo accounts are no longer acceptable...
    CJ simple try solve problem with some antispam filters. See typical sendmail log line below:
    Jul 6 01:27:07 XXXXX sm-mta[62021]: ruleset=check_relay, arg1=XXX.YY.valueclick.com, arg2=X.X.X.X, relay=XXX.YY.valueclick.com [X.X.X.X], reject=554 5.7.1 Rejected X.X.X.X found in dnsbl.sorbs.net

Ditto.. Mail returned message
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Yes, CJ is having major problems evidently. I have three AAQ support tickets they have yet to answer, one going back as far back as June 21 (over two weeks!). I'm guessing the poor support folks are just overwhelmed. I feel sorry for them.
    I just received the message from CJ also, that my email is being returned. They are a pathetic mess, and it is at our expense, most of the time..
    The best things in life are not things at all...

Email returned... cont'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    I just received the message from CJ also, that my email is being returned. They are a pathetic mess, and it is at our expense, most of the time..
    Next, CJ will tell us that if we don't fix our email problem, that they will be holding up our commish checks. I swear, if they try to pull that one off on us, I will charter a bus(s) and WE will pay a visit to MR. CJ personally..

This crap is playing havoc on my LAST nerve!!

GRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr...... see what happens when I get nervous!!

Received the same notice from CJ last night. Gave them another e-mail address to avoid any login issues. Also contacted them about this issue via AAQ.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Depend on no one but yourself...[/FONT] :winking:

Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    Next, CJ will tell us that if we don't fix our email problem, that they will be holding up our commish checks. I swear, if they try to pull that one off on us, I will charter a bus(s) and WE will pay a visit to MR. CJ personally..

This crap is playing havoc on my LAST nerve!!

GRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr...... see what happens when I get nervous!!
    Nah, I'm guessing they will require us to send them emails writtin in JavaScript in the future.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    "Nah, I'm guessing they will require us to send them emails writtin in JavaScript in the future."

Did you get the email they sent out last week where they will only accept notarized emails from this point forward?

Has anyone called CJ?
    I know, probably fruitless, but has anyone actually talked to CJ on the phone about this returned email crap?

Please share if you have....

I'll call them otherwise.... Sounds like email has become unreliable within the CJ realm..

I think we all know what the deal is... It was mentioned earlier. Thier email system is maxed out with "thank you's" over the new and exciting LMI...

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, I see it now:

Alert
    Your email is being returned as invalid: trustthinkslmisucks@hotmail.com.

I had this problem yesterday with my @yahoo.com.br mail - So I thought that could be something wrong with my Yahoo account. So I changed it to my @gmail.com to solve the problem.

today it just warned again but this time about the @gmail.com acount.

Probably there is something wrong with CJ servers.

I just got
    Your email is being returned as invalid:
    for the ISP address I pay a lot for!

What do they want? My free gmail address where everything is engraved in stone?

I went into Edit and I confirmed the same information.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I think CJ has some defunct automatic routine that periodically alerts members about bounced email. Most likely it's the routine's own mail server (or dns server) that is malfunctioning, hence all the false alarms.

I'm also getting the same message.

"I went into Edit and I confirmed the same information."

I did the same Rhia, and haven't had a problemn since.

I thought they had a legitmate gripe with my email since my
    hosting for the domain was going up and down a few times
    these last few days -- but see it's a "universal" problem.

Hi all

Received an answer from CJ regarding this issue:

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns. Late this afternoon, we received news of a new bug in the system. Apparently, it will tell publishers that their email address is bouncing even when they are able to receive emails. You can temporarily solve it by logging into your account, clicking on the Account tab, Administrative Settings, clicking on the "Edit" on the bottom right of your page, and then re-saving the already entered information. Our Engineering department is informed of the situation and is working on the issue. At this time, we do not have a date for when the bug will be fixed, but we hope it will be soon. We appreciate your patience while we work on resolving the issue.

I hope this answers your question. Please feel free to contact us in the future with any other questions you may have.

Sincerely,
    Maritza
    Client Support

I did the procedure and the message is gone!
    Last edited by MicroMag; July 6th, 2006 at 11:02 PM.

These guys just had to mess with a good thing. They sure fixed it up good!@##&#!!

we received news of a new bug in the system. Apparently, it will tell publishers that their email address is bouncing even when they are able to receive emails.

That's not my problem, you broke it, you fix it.

You can temporarily solve it by logging into your account, clicking on the Account tab, Administrative Settings, clicking on the "Edit" on the bottom right of your page, and then re-saving the already entered information.

I tried re-saving the already entered information, but it won't take it. So
    That's your problem, you broke it, you fix it.

At this time, we do not have a date for when the bug will be fixed, but we hope it will be soon. We appreciate your patience while we work on resolving the issue.

At this time I am no longer in a hurry, so take all the time you need to fix that new bug that you have created. I can have a lot of patience before I reach my limit, if I think it will be worthily.

But,

Links problem + good email problem + what's next problem = Piling problems.

"Our Engineering department is informed of the situation and is working on the issue. At this time, we do not have a date for when the bug will be fixed,"

Well, this has been going on at BF ever since the CJ folks got their paws on things there. It never got fixed. Whoever broke this at BF must have just been recalled to S.B. recently, so now CJ has contracted the same bug.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by MicroMag
    Hi all

Received an answer from CJ regarding this issue:

I did the procedure and the message is gone!
    Well, I did the procedure, the message went away, only to come back today...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Here also....

If it ain't broke then let's just fix it...
    If it's broke then tracking is Not effected....

Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    Well, I did the procedure, the message went away, only to come back today...
    It has not come back again to me.

Make again - is just a workaround until they fix it.

CJ =
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread