Do bounties work?
    We are trying to decide whether we are going to start an affiliate program. We sell licenses to a meta search engine which customers can monetize through pay per click. The price of the basic engine will be 10k plus and higher for customization.

Does it make sense to offer commissions for sales of licenses at our price point? Would a bounty of $500 be attractive to affiliates? Would you recommend we go with someone like CJ or start our own affliate program?

Any other suggestions would be welcome!

I'd love to jump in on this one, but you're best bet is to employ the consulting services of Mr. Andy Rodriguez here... My knowledge of the backsides of networks is limited to Shareasale (who rules, by the way), and for the payouts you're looking at, you'll want to do some really serious research.

Secondly, Shareasale is a great option for you, in that they support 800 number tracking, which will be critical at your price point and target market.

Fees will be pretty high for you on a network, but software and items like yours in some cases have a sullied reputation, and so going with an independant program initially (as opposed to a network), may stunt your affiliate base growth. (In an market where you're already eliminating a lot of the good readers here that won't have existing relevant websites to REALLY drive your product on...)

Just my thoughts, and I hope you get more feedback.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't aware that Shareasale had 800 number tracking!

They sure do... A properly trained call center working for a merchant that has an honest desire to run a clean, worthwhile program can be an excellent way for you to grow both your company and your affiliate program.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread