Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PacSun's All-New & Improved Program
    Dear Publishers

I bring very exciting news about our program! From now on you will have more chances to increase your earnings and get rewarded for your efforts. I am happy to announce our all-new & improved program!

New Commission and Incentive Structure
    We have lowered the thresholds and created more performance incentive levels. Now, you just need to sell more than $1,000 to start receiving incentives, and your commissions can go as high as 15%.

Please take a look at the comparison below to understand the improvement.

Old Terms:
    Monthly sales up to $3,500 - 7% Commission
    Monthly sales of $3,501 to $9,000 - 10% Commission
    Monthly sales of $9,000 and more - 13% Commission

New Terms:
    Monthly sales up to $1,000 - 7% Commission
    Monthly sales of $1,001 to $2,500 - 9% Commission
    Monthly sales of $2,501 to $5,000 - 11% Commission
    Monthly sales of $5,001 to $10,000 - 13% Commission
    Monthly sales of $10,001 and more - 15% Commission

Unlimited Referrals
    We have increased the number of action referrals from 1 to unlimited. This means that instead of getting paid only on the first order by a referred customer, you will now receive commissions for every order by your referred customer in the next 45 days.

Easy and Fast Feed Integration
    We are excited to announce a partnership with GoldenCAN to offer you our entire Product Data Feed, Coupons, Recent Price Drop Products and Search Box in only One Line of Code.

It's so easy and will only take 5 minutes to have all of our products and offers on your site!
    Click here to see PacSun integration samples at GoldenCAN

These are changes that will greatly benefit you and reward your efforts. We really hope that, in exchange, you will give our program a boost and promote it heavily from now on.

Coming Soon
    - Free Shipping offers at lower thresholds
    - Bonus for affiliates with the biggest sales increases
    - More email newsletter with information on top keywords, top links and top products
    - Exclusive coupons
    - More?

Apply today!
    Go to CJ.com and look for our program in the Apparel category.

Please feel free to contact me with your questions or suggestions.

Thanks for your continuous support.

All the best,

Yan Grossman
    Affiliate Manager
    ygrossman@pacificsunwear.com
    (714) 414-4533

Talking
    Dear Merchant

Please open your program as an indie or on another network - we all trust SAS - or you will not find many affiliates here due to the new CJ LMI.

It also seems like their affiliate sales tracking doesn't always work like it should and we don't get paid for some of our sales that we know we made.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    If you are currently bidding on one of our brand terms please cease and desist by 6/25/04. All other generic search terms are permitted. Also, as an Affiliate, it is permissible to use PacSun, Pacific Sunwear in your descriptions only, but not in any keyword titles.
    First sign of an affiliate program going downhill, is when the AM tells the affiliate how to make his webpages.

Next, they'll tell us what to wear at work.

I worked really hard to get changes done to our program that would reward the affiliates and make it easier for them to get higher commissions. I am sure most affiliates will think these are great improvements and will welcome them positively.
    Last edited by PacSun; July 6th, 2006 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PacSun
    I worked really hard to get changes done to our program that would reward our affiliates and make it easier for them to get commissions. I am sure most affiliates will think these are great changes and will welcome them in a more positive way.
    I would appreciate it

I am one of your affiliates on CJ.

To date I've generated all my links & product links etc. by cut & paste.
    As of yet I do not use datafeed but I might be interested in using your program with GoldenCan.

Do I have to register separately with GoldenCan?

Are your products "Free of the 4th click?"
    That pay (or lack of being paid) on the random click is one feature of GoldenCan that has made me shy away, but perhaps it would be worth it with your program.

Thank you for letting your affiliates know of the updates and improvements of your program
    Last edited by Rhia7; July 6th, 2006 at 06:37 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Did you get rid of the "we can't mention who you are" rule issued by Rodney Rambo?

If not, you still shackle your affiliates and will get the type of affiliates your program deserves.

(This is just my opinion of course, but an opinion I feel STRONGLY about)

Hi Rhya,
    Thanks for your kind words.

In this introductory period our program with GoldenCAN is not free of 4th click, but we might offer it free in the future depending on the response we get. Right now, the big majority (80%) of Merchants with GC are not free of 4th click.

I believe it's still a good deal for the affiliate that gets to integrate feeds and offers on their websites with minimal work.

To answer your question, you do need to sign up with GC, but it's a very quick process. Click here to sign up .

Feel free to contact me if you need more help.

Best,

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I would appreciate it

I am one of your affiliates on CJ.

To date I've generated all my links & product links etc. by cut & paste.
    As of yet I do not use datafeed but I might be interested in using your program with GoldenCan.

Do I have to register separately with GoldenCan?

Are your products "Free of the 4th click?"
    That pay on the random click is one feature of GoldenCan that has made me shy away, but perhaps it would be worth it with your program.

Thank you for letting your affiliates know of the updates and improvements of your program

You do have to register seperate at GoldenCan. You can do it here http://www.goldencan.com/

They are a 4th click merchant at GoldenCan.

I use GoldenCan merchants. There are many merchants that are free merchants at GC.

If you want to use GC and need help - PM me.

Billy,

Did you get rid of the "we can't mention who you are" rule issued by Rodney Rambo?
    We never had a problem with affiliates mentioning who we are; we just don't allow bidding on our corporate terms to protect our brand. You can say PacSun on your descriptions, just can't bid on our protected keywords.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    You do have to register seperate at GoldenCan. You can do it here http://www.goldencan.com/

They are a 4th click merchant at GoldenCan.

I use GoldenCan merchants. There are many merchants that are free merchants at GC.

If you want to use GC and need help - PM me.
    Thanks for your offer of help, BurgerBoy -- be certain that at one point in time I will take you up on the offer.

With my luck, my most lucrative sales will be done on the 4th click so I am not keen to jump into the "4th click pool."

Perhaps I'll do GoldenCan with one of the "free of the 4th click" merchants.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Rhia7,

GC is a great tool - IF you already have the traffic.

(Robots can't spider it)

I think at last count I'm up to 120 GC pages - so "I" think it works

You can say PacSun on your descriptions, just can't bid on our protected keywords.
    Well that is the opposite of the email I rec'd - but thanks

Maybe I'll rejoin

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Thanks for your offer of help, BurgerBoy -- be certain that at one point in time I will take you up on the offer.

With my luck, my most lucrative sales will be done on the 4th click so I am not keen to jump into the "4th click pool."

Perhaps I'll do GoldenCan with one of the "free of the 4th click" merchants.

GC has 31 free merchants and that will be thousands of products.

You may already be an affiliate with some of them. I just added a bunch of them to my sites and Google, Yahoo, and MSN are crawling my site like mad every day since I added them.

The free merchants are from SAS, CJ, LinkShare and Performics.

You should try it now and add thousands of products to you site so that maybe they will be SE ready by Christmas.

It's easy to do but there are different ways to do it.

Some give SE food - some do not.

One of the post above says that robots can't spider it. That is wrong. They can spider it if you add it to your pages in a certain way.

They are spidering my site right now and I had one of my own SE robots crawl the site to see what it showed and it found and indexed the site with the products showing in the results just like any other page.

Thanks for the helpful tips, BurgerBoy
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    just can't bid on our protected keywords.
    Is this one of those protected keywords?
    http://www.google.com/search?q=pacific+sunwear

Redirecting direct-to-merchant affiliate is bidding #1 spot.

They have a low budget... may have to search a few times before it shows...

Yes, it is. Thanks for letting me know.

:-)

Redirecting people should be outed publically in my mind. They know that their redirection avoids detection by most auto filters merchants and networks put in place because their clicks will show their domain as registering their clicks. Not nice - breaking rules, redirecting to hide the fact that they are trademark poaching.

People make a lot of money doing this. They also know that merchant usually ask them to stop.

Merchants should fire them, refuse payment, turn them in to CJ for evaluation elsewhere and post in their fav AM forums about who these people are.

(PM'd you their link and domain, but obviously, you're on it already.)

If you use tools to grab (not view in a browser) their redirecting landing pages, you'll see the huge list of merchants they target with the same tactics.

Donuts, thanks so much. I have already contacted them, and I will let CJ know.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    GC has 31 free merchants and that will be thousands of products.

You may already be an affiliate with some of them. I just added a bunch of them to my sites and Google, Yahoo, and MSN are crawling my site like mad every day since I added them.

The free merchants are from SAS, CJ, LinkShare and Performics.

You should try it now and add thousands of products to you site so that maybe they will be SE ready by Christmas.

It's easy to do but there are different ways to do it.

Some give SE food - some do not.

One of the post above says that robots can't spider it. That is wrong. They can spider it if you add it to your pages in a certain way.

They are spidering my site right now and I had one of my own SE robots crawl the site to see what it showed and it found and indexed the site with the products showing in the results just like any other page.
    Looks like you are using the new features of GoldenCAN “GetData”.

I am sure the spider able pages will bring much value and traffic to your site. Please keep us posted when you see some traffic coming from search engines due to these spider able pages.

In this introductory period our program with GoldenCAN is not free of 4th click, but we might offer it free in the future depending on the response we get.
    Yan -

I'd love to use the GC to promote your products, but I'm not going to give up twenty-five percent of my clicks to pay for a tool that you - the merchant - should be providing to your sales partners for free.

We've sold $7,000 worth of PacSun product YTD - but with CJ's LMI fiasco we're ACTIVELY seeking merchants on other networks to send our surf/beach lifestyle traffic to.

We love PacSun's product line, but at this point, we gotta send our traffic where it makes sense for us.

Looks like a 4th Click Free GC would be the answer for us, but until then...

~peace~
    Skeptical One

I'd love to use the GC to promote your products, but I'm not going to give up twenty-five percent of my clicks to pay for a tool that you - the merchant - should be providing to your sales partners for free.
    You can download our feed for free at CJ. We have partnered with GC to offer a easy way for you - affiliate - to promote our products. At this time, we can't offer it for free, but we will if we get a good response from affiliates.

You can download our feed for free at CJ. We have partnered with GC to offer a easy way for you - affiliate - to promote our products. At this time, we can't offer it for free, but we will if we get a good response from affiliates.
    For free? Last I checked CJ wanted $200 for feed access.... Sorry - SAS's feeds are free...

I'm all about investing in my business - but where I need to. Access to datafeeds is NOT something I need to be spending money on.

Skeptic

ps. Good Job on the new commission schedule. You get an Atta Boy for that one...

If approved, you will be placed as an experimental partner. We monitor the performance of all new partners and expire the ones that don't generate sales.
    I was just approved as one of your "experiments"

How long do we get?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast