Links
    Could someone tell me what the Linkshare equivalent to this matching rule for CJ is. It's part of tracking software.

The javascript recognizes a network's links and then inserts a referrer id into the tracking variable. So I'd like to know what the Clickshare version of 'qksrv.net' and 'SID=' is. I live in the UK so probably wouldn't be able to register even if I wanted to. Cheers.

// cj
    else if (h.indexOf('qksrv.net') != -1)
    return h.replace(/SID=/,'SID='+ref_id+'_');
    Last edited by ceetee; July 6th, 2006 at 05:51 PM.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Talking
    Hi
    I think what you are after is the clickid

It's an eleven character code that appears in all links and is unique for all affiliates. The code is the same in all links you create for all merchants

When you create a link on LinkShare you will see the HREF part of the link will look very much like the following :

Code:
    http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=yh2rM/1KfGc&offerid=56489.1&type=3&subid=0
    Your Link ID is the 11 character code (Always 11 characters) following

click?id

In this case yh2rM/1KfGc

And Yes linkShare is open to all nations, even those that can't take penalties.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

The tracking variables I'm familiar with are used for labelling a link with whatever you like. Tracking=mysite or tracking=someinformation. Not sure how a code would work for that. Doesn't look like I can dynamically insert information.

Penalties - yeah didn't even bother look.

Ah you want the custom tracking for your sites so you can see which site/page/campaign sent what sales right?

If so you just need to email LinkShare and ask them to turn on the custom tracking for you.... now I have forgotten what it is actually called, I'll search and find it.....

The attribute used is

&u1=thiscampaign

Where {thiscampaign} is your tracking info and can be different for each link, but the planned change in LinkShare linking may kill this off (if that upgrade happens)

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    ceetee,
    You should register for our Signature product. This allows you to track and generate detailed reports on the commerce activity generated by your site down to the transaction level of each individual member, organization, or sub site. For more information on Signature, go to the Affiliate Resource Center and select Signature. You will need to complete the registration form to be enabled.

Ranae

Signature product
    One day I'll remember that it's called that

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Is there an easy way to add this to feed links? I'v never used this feature before and it would be useful.

It's a straight forward addition to the URL so I would imagine it's easy enough to add if you're already doing any form of automation to create pages from datafeeds.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread