How do I get more traffic to my site?
    I recently finished my website [removed].

You can buy any search term you want for $20. Once a term is taken it can no longer be bought.

My question is now how do I get this thing off the ground? Obviously posting it here is probably a good idea, but if anybody has any other tips of advice I am very open to them.

Thank you!
    Last edited by MichaelColey; July 7th, 2006 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slayerment
    I recently finished my website [removed] .

You can buy any search term you want for $20. Once a term is taken it can no longer be bought.

My question is now how do I get this thing off the ground? Obviously posting it here is probably a good idea, but if anybody has any other tips of advice I am very open to them.

Thank you!
    Are you suggesting we should buy search terms from you?
    Last edited by MichaelColey; July 7th, 2006 at 12:11 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Interesting. I would consider to buy if you have a better drsigned site.

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet
    wallstreet, have you ever read Charles Mackay?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Rhia, funny.

Yea, the site needs to be much better designed if you are going to try to sell ANYTHING to anybody. Formatting is all messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet
    Do you really think it's that bad? My idea was to keep it very simple and straight-forward. I didn't want any type of design to get in the way. What type of stuff would you recommend?

And no, I don't want you to buy any terms unless you want to. I mainly am hoping that somebody here will have some type of marketing advice that would apply directly to this site.

Appreciate the quick response .

ABW Ambassador
    wallstreet, have you ever read Charles Mackay?
    WTF does Charles Mackay have to do with getting traffic to a site?

My question is now how do I get this thing off the ground? Obviously posting it here is probably a good idea
    Actually, I think posting it here to publicize it could be considered spamming by some people. I could be wrong, but what's it got to do with affiliate marketing?

To answer your question, to get it off the ground you might have to offer some kind of benefit and there doesn't appear to be any.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker

Actually, I think posting it here to publicize it could be considered spamming by some people. I could be wrong, but what's it got to do with affiliate marketing?
    I was thinking the same thing on both points, WW, but I thought Rhia was being funny about her post. I guess I was wrong?

Easy: SEO expertise often is merely a popular delusion.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Let me phrase it another way. What has this Charles person got to do with this thread? Or maybe it's just the favorite drop of the day?

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    I don't see what anyone would get out of this by buying a term. It's gimmicky and random. Reminds me of the million dollar website selling pixels for $1, except this one has far less potential of actually generating the amount of traffic that might benefit someone who buys a search term. Consider what you would do if you clicked on an ad or link from the search engines and found yourself on this site. Would you hunt all over the page looking for the term that matches the one you just typed into the SEs, and then click through because there's a tiny little link there with your term in it? Good luck with that. Making money by "providing" something that doesn't benefit your visitors (and sponsors!) is not nice, to say the least. Get rich schemes almost never work. My advice is to learn from ABW how to start up an affiliate marketing program and earn money legitimately.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't see what anyone would get out of this by buying a term.
    They get to own a keyword on a site whose owner needs to know how to get traffic.
    Best idea since individually wrapped cheese.

Thank you for the honest feedback everyone. I will think about what each one of you has said.

ABW Ambassador
    slayerment, don't think that we don't wish you the best. But until you can figure out how to refine and promote this concept (which could go in different avenues and be workable combined with content development, actually), my personal best suggestion to you would be to pick a niche, cruise through ABW to pick out some good programs run by good affiliate managers, set up an affiliate site or two, and study a bit about SEO. Start making some money for yourself while developing innovative ideas.

Why would anyone buy a search term when we know that search terms come and go. Just try to keep that list of terms (in right & left columns) updated and you'll get the picture. Looks like the list was copied from a Wordtracker email.
    ~Ernie

ABW Ambassador
    It's the current fad, these word sites. There are lots of sites out there XXXwords.com etc. A jump off the Million Dollar Home Page deal. Good for the people making the sites if they can find suckers to fork over the money. The Million Dollar Home Page worked because it was kind of original and got a lot of press. But everything after has been pretty much crap. While I like the Million Dollar Home Page just because the guy worked it and made a lot of money, it's nothing but the world's biggest banner farm. And all these word sites coming out now, just like your basic SPAM page. Google is not really a fan of people buying links, these types of sites just makes it too easy for them.

Google is not a fan of you buying links unless you are buying your links from Google. I just love that catch-22.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I don't get it.

Why would I use a search engine that gives me 1 result per search phrase?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

He was famous for his analysis of economic behavior.

Getting traffic is one thing but webmasters/affiliates want traffic that clicks/buys (not dud traffic) -- behavior is an important function to sales.

Fads can also be analyzed by economic theory.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    I don't get it.

Why would I use a search engine that gives me 1 result per search phrase?
    that is a good question.
    also, how is the site distributed? If that term is on that site only, why would somebody buy it unless you have 1 million views a day.

ABW Ambassador
    Another rip off of that supposed Adsense Guru's "new idea"....

We're about to see a thousand of these sites pop up all over the place... Mods should be prepared for the spam (like this thread)
    Hi, I'm a signature.

ABW Ambassador
    "Another rip off of that supposed Adsense Guru's "new idea"...."

That "guru" over there deleted my posts from his thread. It's become a buddy promoting buddy blog. Few bad apples.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't hold back much over there... The only thing I haven't pointed out is all of his MFA sites w/ zero content that I found a while back, yet he claims he's against the idea of MFA sites. I guess that's why you don't see him promoting those to his flock of ebook buying sheeple - Most of them take his "advice" and create MFA sites as it is - Could you imagine if they knew what he was really up to? All he really apears to be is good at manipulating mailing lists. w/out those, he would have nobody to promote his "new ideas" to...
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by slayerment
    Obviously posting it here is probably a good idea, but if anybody has any other tips of advice I am very open to them.
    No, spamming your site here is not a good idea. Here's a tip: Come up with a unique idea instead of copying ideas from other sites and spamming forums.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

25. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread