Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Quick Question...$$$$$$$$$
    What situation would you take--

Spend $500 on PPC for 1 merchant to make $3,000 and be paid for the month of July's commission September 14th

OR

Spend $500 on PPC for 1 merchant to make $1,500 and be paid for the month of July's commission within 7 days of spending $500?

So if you spend $500 from July 1st - July 7th you would be paid $1500 by July 14th resulting in a $1000 profit versus the first scenario were you would make a $2500 profit?

What factors would be involved?

The reason I ask this is because I am in this scenario....

in the case of "sure things," I'd do both.

Give me either.

The diff. is , can you reinvest the 'early' money to make more than the 'later' money.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Disgusting the immoral greed driven PPCSE idiots would drool over taking BHO infestation fees as part of their ebiz plan. Only a cookie cannon sleezeball would even know this type offer exists... let alone be on the scumbags infestation offer e-mail list. The only guarantee in PPCSE is given by those needing smoke screens for their illicit activities contacting known blackhat playas..
    Last edited by ecomcity; July 7th, 2006 at 09:40 AM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Mike, why do you post such nonsense? Calling someone a sleezeball because they're asking a quesion about PPC. As far as blackhat, stop being a hypocrite. Same content, different domains is listed as blackhat on many sites. So according to those sites, you're a "blackhat playa"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Disgusting the immoral greed driven PPCSE idiots would drool over taking BHO infestation fees as part of their ebiz plan. Only a cookie cannon sleezeball would even know this type offer exists... let alone be on the scumbags infestation offer e-mail list. The only guarantee in PPCSE is given by those needing smoke screens for their illicit activities contacting known blackhat playas..
    You left out "cookie stuffing" for the evil trifecta (BHO, Cookie Cannon, Cookie Stuffin')
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

ABW Ambassador
    He left out adwhore too. But it's early. His next response will include throwing some allegations at me he can't back up. He does that when he's mad at me I won't tell him about my TrumpAp that hovers over his site.

lol. I've visited a lot of forums, but I have to say Mike is definitely a unique character.

If he ever has kids (if he doesn't already), I wonder what their first words will be...

BHOCOokieStuffin!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Nothing wrong with making a quick buck.

Melty, seems to be that if you are that uncertain the shorter term one sounds more feasible. Though I would question both, especially if you are "guraranteed" to make that much.

Usually there is a risk to everything. IMHO.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    lol. I've visited a lot of forums, but I have to say Mike is definitely a unique character.

If he ever has kids (if he doesn't already), I wonder what their first words will be...

BHOCOokieStuffin!
    I love talking to Mike on the phone, he always makes my day and adds a unique perspective to the days views.....

Mike, i haven't called you in a while ....

Will you speak at my seminar in Chicago?
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez

Will you speak at my seminar in Chicago?
    I may spend my last greenback and travel to Chicago to hear this.

May be Trippin'

Poopie Nubert

Quote Originally Posted by Poopie Nubert
    I may spend my last greenback and travel to Chicago to hear this.

May be Trippin'

Poopie Nubert

Mike is actually a great speaker, if you heard him a while back on Haiko's show, you will remember.....

On the phone, when Charlie is not around, he can captivate your attention for hours.....

I know, while at Tiger, when I was green, Mike and i would talk for hours on the phone. Much of what I learned about the industry at that time, I learned from Mike Hyland. I will always give him credit for that. Thanks Mike...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe the Mike on the phone should show up on the board more often.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Da hell you talking about, son?

I feel like I'm being accused of something, but am not sure...lol

I don't understand 100% of what you are trying to say...I guess I haven't been here long enough!

Melty: Don't let Mike get to you. He accuses everybody of something, and none of us understand him.

As for the choice: I would choose both, as well.

If I had to choose just one, I would choose the one with the higher return ($500 -> $3000) rather than the one with the quicker payment. Cash flow is not a problem. One an even larger scale, if if I were able to turn $500,000 into $3 million in that period of time, I would find a way to come up with $500,000.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    in the case of "sure things," I'd do both.
    I have in the past...However, the security of getting quick payouts to allow me to pump more money back into the business has helped big time...

I guess for me, if I had tons of $'s, I would stick with the long term option, provided they have a great history in paying...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Melty: Don't let Mike get to you. He accuses everybody of something, and none of us understand him.
    Oh, it's all good....Trust me...I have been on messageboards a million times worse...Just kinda shocked me because everybody seems to be pretty friendly around here and will only attack if it is warranted...

However, I would be interested in this Mike guy breaking down what he said for a newbie who hasn't been in the game that long...I love reading details of the underbelly of affiliate marketing...

Quote Originally Posted by melty
    However, I would be interested in this Mike guy breaking down what he said for a newbie who hasn't been in the game that long...I love reading details of the underbelly of affiliate marketing...
    Melty,

Mike does know his sh*t, however he has a hard time coordinating his "typing" after he's had a few too many ...

If I had to choose just one, I would choose the one with the higher return ($500 -> $3000) rather than the one with the quicker payment. Cash flow is not a problem. One an even larger scale, if if I were able to turn $500,000 into $3 million in that period of time, I would find a way to come up with $500,000.
    Would you mortgage your house for the sake of PPC?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Since you asked "or", I assume you don't have enough capital to do both. Do the short one. I have learned from experience to drive my business based on risk-weighted return. While the return of the higher deal seems more appealing now, it won't as those months between July 7th and September tick along and you fall asleep each night wondering if anything might happen between now and then that might prevent your payment from being received.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I answered, assuming that both are reputable merchants with good payment histories and no red flags. Historically, I've collected over 95% of my affiliate commissions so non-payment is relatively rare.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    so non-payment is relatively rare.
    so are the types of returns he's stated are possible with these deals...

my risk flags aren't waving in the breeze, they're flapping in the gale...

caveat emptor.

ABW Ambassador
    As far as Melty, no one knows because we don't know what he's pushing thru where.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melty
    What situation would you take--

Spend $500 on PPC for 1 merchant to make $3,000 and be paid for the month of July's commission September 14th

OR
    Spend $500 on PPC for 1 merchant to make $1,500 and be paid for the month of July's commission within 7 days of spending $500?

So if you spend $500 from July 1st - July 7th you would be paid $1500 by July 14th resulting in a $1000 profit versus the first scenario were you would make a $2500 profit?

What factors would be involved? The reason I ask this is because I am in this scenario....
    Charlie seems to have ruffled some feathers, while I was out cutting the lawn and watering my weed... LOL. The confusion seems to come from the implied guarantee for 7 days spend of $500 in PPCSE clicks generating a minimum of $1500 profit. Coupled with what's obviously some shady CPA network quick payout, this leaves out any major network merchant playing into the mix. Hey it sounds strange even to this nieve Duck.... let alone an Adwhore gunslinger like Charlie the Parrot.

Last time someone offered me a guaranteed chance to triple my money resulted in my ex-wide #2 running off to Miami with all the profits.... and the drug dealer!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    That's really only a $500 difference since the time frame between the two options is so large. July @$1000 + August @$1000 = $2000 and you won't have to wait as long to know it's a sure thing... how pissed would you be to wait two and a half months to find out they don't pay?
    Hi, I'm a signature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast