Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    new advertiser to CJ- need suggestions
    We are putting up a new site on tuesday with a lot more features but our website is empirecovers.com. Its a small company connected to one of the largest manufacturer of automotive covers in the united states. We sell to everyone through retail. We have a good range of prices and nobody seems to be selling truck, van, and suv covers. THe new website will have a coupon maker and specials. We are also launching cj the same day. Our starting commission will be 13% but we can probably go all the way up to 17 to 20% and our Gross Profit would not be hurt too much. Any suggestions would be great. We sell many millions of dollars retail so we have the money to invest in CJ. We have great ads and i am here 24/7 to work with people. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I would suggest skipping CJ and trying ShareASale or another network out.

Other than that your program sounds like it has the makings of a good one.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    Sounds like a good one too. I would second what Michelle said about SAS. I just can't use merchants that will one day be Javascript only, just not going to work on my sites. Unless CJ has a change of heart, which at this time I've seen no sign.

You are very brave to open a new program during CJ's current predicament. I would recommend keeping a low profile here as most of the comments you will get are more related to affiliates frustrations of how they feel CJ is mismanaging things than about your program, no matter how good it is. As CJ announces all their new merchants on their site, I would wait for new sign-ups and then dedicate some time to those folks rather than suffer the wrath of frustrated CJ affiliates here.

In any case, good luck with your new program. Just hope the timing does not affect you too badly.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by empirecover
    We sell many millions of dollars retail so we have the money to invest in CJ. We have great ads and i am here 24/7 to work with people. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you
    Empirecover,

First, welcome to our family...

Invest your money on SAS, and use what you save to hire a good OPM out of the many here on ABW. OPM's have the relationships in place which is what you want.

IMO, you won't get much affiliate support on CJ these days ...

Invest your money in good commissions, cash incentives and watch your program grow.

Just my 2 cents ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

The affiliate world has reached a juncture of late where your choice of host networks will have an instant impact on your reputation and on prospective affiliate's comfort level.

When a new vendor sets up on Shareasale, most affiliates will give the benefit of the doubt and trust them somewhat by default, unless or until the vendor proves themselves to be untrustworthy. We already trust this tracking network.

Don't let the "We're a big network so we can give you more exposure!!!" pitch reel you in. Productive/professional affiliates are just as aware of and active with Shareasale as they are with the big networks.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Going with CJ???? Good grief! What are you thinking???

CJ =

Go with SAS!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I would say "Why not Go with both CJ and SAS". You won't lose anything for trying.

Talking
    CJ ??? - You must have listened to all of their lies.

I'll join you if you open a program at SAS - other another network - but not if it has to be CJ.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    What everyone else said: join SAS instead or as an alternate
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Hi, I have to agree with everyone, go with SAS.

I don't know the stats but I imagine SAS has experienced an surge in new affiliates, merchants too as soon as they understand how the changes at CJ have frustrated affiliates.

MJ

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet
    I would say "Why not Go with both CJ and SAS". You won't lose anything for trying.
    I'd second that. Even with all the problems I have with CJ, I still make good chunck of money from CJ. CJ has bigger affiliate base which reaches beyond SAS.

Agree with Andy's comment about a good program manager... outsourced or insourced...

new advertiser to CJ - need suggestions
    Just say NO to CJ
    Ebudae

[QUOTE=Kcedit]CJ has bigger affiliate base which reaches beyond SAS... [QUOTE]

Possibly not for long though.
    Ebudae

Can't remember what post it was I said it, but SAS has had more affiliates join them in the last 30 days than either CJ or LS.

By the way folks, I think we scared away Mr. Empirecover. And, (yes Billy Kay) sadly, this will be the trend for quite a while for new CJ merchants posting here.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

A lot of people here hate CJ. What if they remove their JS link?

A lot of people here hate CJ. What if they remove their JS link?
    A lot of people like CJ but they "hate" the LMI implementation
    People would be likely to continue with CJ if the JS links were not required.

SAS "out-benefits" CJ is other respects as well (they have free datafeed for example) and Linkshare's advanced capability of creating your own links can outshine CJ in some ways.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    A lot of people like CJ but they "hate" the LMI implementation
    Hi, I am glad that you like CJ. But I have a question about the article you pointed me to read in another locked post. Thats about "selling search terms". Are you just suggesting me not to buy or go to learn economics?

Hi, I am glad that you like CJ. But I have a question about the article you pointed me to read in another locked post. Thats about "selling search terms". Are you just suggesting me not to buy or go to learn economics?
    Give a link to the section in question. I do not recall off-hand.

If you are talking about the Charles Mackay link, I could not resist the juxtaposition of pyschology, economics, and your nick, "Wallstreet."
    I learned about Charles Mackay from a newspaper article after October 13, 1989 (a "mini crash" occurred on Wall Street that day). After that I went out and bought the book. I already had Random Walk and I had an intro to technical analysis. Do you subscribe to both? Some techs don't like the random walk theory

Anyway, Tulip Mania always reminds me of Junk Bonds and if you are referring to that guy who was hoping we'd buy a word off of his so-so site, I was gently trying to dissuade you/[actually I was joking with you & I hoped that any sucker out there would catch on] from such a purpose/purchase, and I was making a joke
    Last edited by Rhia7; July 8th, 2006 at 01:57 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

You'll lose the time and effort you spend on CJ if they continue with the LMI crap. Better invest it all in SAS while CJ works out its mid-life crisis.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Kcedit
    I'd second that. Even with all the problems I have with CJ, I still make good chunck of money from CJ. CJ has bigger affiliate base which reaches beyond SAS.
    The top 10% of all affiliates, who are probably responsible for 90% of the money generated in this business, are all aware of and active in SAS. Even it it were true that CJ has more affiliates than SAS (is it?), quantity is not the same as quality.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Give a link to the section in question. I do not recall off-hand.

If you are talking about the Charles Mackay link, I could not resist the juxtaposition of pyschology, economics, and your nick, "Wallstreet."
    I learned about Charles Mackay from a newspaper article after October 13, 1989 (a "mini crash" occurred on Wall Street that day). After that I went out and bought the book. I already had Random Walk and I had an intro to technical analysis. Do you subscribe to both? Some techs don't like the random walk theory

Anyway, Tulip Mania always reminds me of Junk Bonds and if you are referring to that guy who was hoping we'd buy a word off of his so-so site, I was gently trying to dissuade you/[actually I was joking with you & I hoped that any sucker out there would catch on] from such a purpose/purchase, and I was making a joke
    Thanks and this answers my question.

Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    The top 10% of all affiliates, who are probably responsible for 90% of the money generated in this business, are all aware of and active in SAS. Even it it were true that CJ has more affiliates than SAS (is it?), quantity is not the same as quality.
    Just curious. Where did you get the number of 10% and 90%? Its a rough estimation or coming from anywhere?

ABW Ambassador
    Go with the rising star
    It makes more sense to attach your fate to a rising star (Share-A-Sale) than to a setting sun (CJ).

if you guys could give some suggestions that would be nice- sorry i did not check this forum during the weekend. I am still here. I will check out SAS but Cj has good customer support and easy integration

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast