Angry Why do merchants cancel or discontinue a relationship with an affiliate?
    I am new to AM and have applied to a few merchants, but there's so much work to be done on my aff site that I don't have the time to put every merchant's links on my aff site.

after a few days some AMs send you an email, and some of them cancel their approval.

why dont AMs understand that affiliates are basically working for free before they make a sale, and it takes time to build an affiliate site.

when they disapprove, they lose their chance of their links being included in the affiliate site, when the section for their links becomes ready on the affiliate site.

ABW Ambassador
    "why dont AMs understand that affiliates are basically working for free before they make a sale, and it takes time to build an affiliate site."

If it's a merchant you really want, tell them that in a reply. Most of the time they'll reapprove.

Thank you TrustNo1, well yeah I'll have to do it that way then. Just adds up to my work.

BTW I liked your website (the one in your signature), it's cool. Thanks for the message.

ABW Ambassador
    I wish I could take credit for that site but it's not mine.

http://best123.youaremighty.com/

You can just add whatever before the youaremighty part and it'll show up

ABW Ambassador

cool, that's neat. but google says it doesn't like domains with multiple domain prefixes, like it got this one romainian site banned because of that. may be its not the case with these guys, cuz their site is so cool.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    That is neat..

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Any more

Where do you find all of these?

Quote Originally Posted by best123
    after a few days some AMs send you an email, and some of them cancel their approval.

why dont AMs understand that affiliates are basically working for free before they make a sale, and it takes time to build an affiliate site.

when they disapprove, they lose their chance of their links being included in the affiliate site, when the section for their links becomes ready on the affiliate site.
    Some times they feel that they do not have a good match with your website. I have seen and not approve websites which brings no value to my program. i.e. Link farms or banner farms or just different fit

In my approval process which i take 2-5 min a website (sometimes I have to do a whois check and alexa check, etc), I have came across websites with 200-300 banners in 125*125 size on a single page. Some were animated and boy, it got really confusing and I was wondering how he/she is making $.

If you think you have a good match with the merchant, email the merchant and make your case. Usually a short email will work.

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    Some times they feel that they do not have a good match with your website. I have seen and not approve websites which brings no value to my program. i.e. Link farms or banner farms or just different fit

In my approval process which i take 2-5 min a website (sometimes I have to do a whois check and alexa check, etc), I have came across websites with 200-300 banners in 125*125 size on a single page. Some were animated and boy, it got really confusing and I was wondering how he/she is making $.

If you think you have a good match with the merchant, email the merchant and make your case. Usually a short email will work.
    totally makes sense. if i were to advertise anything I would defnitely stay away from banner farms and link farms, i think that's like the 80's style of marketing and gives anyone a headache when they visit those sites.

many merchants have a policy to protect their brand, they usually dont want their ads appearing on coupon sites. what kind of sites do these types of merchants approve then? sites where only rich people ( who dont care or have time for coupons) shop?

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    That is neat..

Any more

Where do you find all of these?
    i think it;s a nice form of word-of-mouth marketing, http://eric.youaremighty.com

ABW Ambassador
    Sites that simply run Sponsored Results from Google are questionable imo.

What value does that give the user or the merchant.

While the arbitrage model has made some folks big bucks, mixing that model with a merchants product or service would not prove beneficial to me as a merchant AM.

Quote Originally Posted by best123
    i think it;s a nice form of word-of-mouth marketing, http://eric.youaremighty.com
    Just tested that link out.

Replace the subdomain and you will have that subdomain in the last page of the animation.
    Neat never the less

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    Sites that simply run Sponsored Results from Google are questionable imo.

What value does that give the user or the merchant.

While the arbitrage model has made some folks big bucks, mixing that model with a merchants product or service would not prove beneficial to me as a merchant AM.
    The affiliate is at loss if they run both google ads and PPA ads side by side, in case the user clicks on the google ads and leaves the site, as the payout in this case is significantly lesser than the ppa ad.

but if you find that an affiliate has this model, would you consider giving that affiliate specific instructions to not display google with your ads? or do you just not approve them at all.

ABW Ambassador

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread