Question What to do when a Merchant belongs to more than one Affiliate Network.
    First of all,

is it unlawful if say Merchant123 belongs to AffNetwork1 and AffNetwork2 , and an affiliate puts the links for Merchant123 from both AffNetwork1 and AffNetwork2 , knowingly or unknowingly on the same page or on the same website?

I'm concerned about this because, there is a possiblity that a user might click on the links of Merchant123 from both AffNetwork1 and AffNetwork2

In this case, if there is a conversion, then I assume that Merchant123 gets charged for one conversion in both AffNetwork1 and AffNetwork2?

Or do they have a backend system, to track this. Can they dispute that the affiliate made a conversion for the same item in both networks?

I didn't think much about this while adding my links, but if it's the case that an affiliate is only allowed to join a merchant in only one affiliate network,
    then I need to remove some links.

ABW Ambassador
    I've had links up to a merchant from more than one network without any problems on the same site. In the end I just go with what network I'm most comfortable with.

If a merchant is at CJ and SAS, I put up SAS links.
    If a merchant is at CJ and Performics, I put up SAS links.
    If a merchant is at CJ and anywhere else, I put up anywhere else links.

Yeah, I like the freedom to customize the text links to the theme of my site.

For example, in CJ the links being JS say "Buy this stuff" , well the words "Buy this" dont suit the theme of my site, it's not good that I can't customize the link's text.

I think CJ should have a system to differenciate between good and bad publishers.

Good publishers are those who, in good faith customize the text links to match the theme of their aff site.

Bad publishers are those who make a link look attractive, just so that they get some click throughs, and later on the buyer gets deceived because what's written on the link doesn't match whats' on the landing page or in the checkout cart. For these types of publishers it makes sense to force them to use uneditable JS links.

ABW Ambassador
    "it's not good that I can't customize the link's text. "

You can still pick the text you want with the new javascript links so it overrides any possible changes. But it's still javascript and html is better.

Well, its nice that atleast I can customize the text. I didn't know that it was allowed. but thanks for letting me know.
    I have been facing a lot of issues with the links like, I'm only constrained to put max of 5 javascript links per page.

With 5 links it takes about 3 seconds to load, with 10 links it takes about 9seconds to load. many people wont wait for 9 seconds for a page to load, it will be a big turn off for them to have a slow loading page.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree. Just not going to work on my sites. Usually I have lots of text links on my pages and javascript is just a page killer. I'm not putting up any of the new CJ links on my sites.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    If a merchant is at CJ and Performics, I put up SAS links.
    Are you suggesting that Performics doesn't perform for you?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    I meant Performics, typo

Wondered about that myself...don't confuse me!

"I meant Performics, typo"

What the typo said sounds fine to me.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread