Transfer domain from yahoo to godaddy
    I have several domains registered at yahoo last year for 5 years. I want to transfer it to godaddy. It seems that the transfer doesn't go through because yahoo ignored my request.

Anybody has success story?

ABW Ambassador
    Did you have Godaddy initiate the transfer? If there's an issue they've got a "concierge" service to help out with it.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Did you have Godaddy initiate the transfer? If there's an issue they've got a "concierge" service to help out with it.
    Yes. Actually I am transfering two domains to godaddy. One from dreamhost and it has gone through three days ago. One from Yahoo and no response from yahoo (did have godaddy initiate the transfer).

I would definitely contact yahoo about it.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    I would definitely contact yahoo about it.
    I am not sure. Seems that they are not easy to deal with. I just want to whether godaddy will handle it.

Good luck with the Yahoo thing, I have two domains that I have been locked out of access by yahoo because of some issue with the fact my yahoo accounts were merged and I cancelled internet service (sbc yahoo) with one of the accounts and it caused my hosting to get all smucked up...they can't fix it. Hmmm...I was gonna try transferring to Go Daddy as well, but if Yahoo won't let it go, what to do?

ABW Ambassador
    I guess you could tell them you intend to file a complaint with ICANN because they won't release the name for a legitimate transfer.

Meantime, I'd ask for an account representative at Godaddy, since it's not unlikely this kind of thing has happened before.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Good luck with it. Whatever the result is, it would be interesting to see how it turns out. Sounds like you will make better progress if you talk with a rep at yahoo - so good luck.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

My transfer has gone through. Yahoo let me go through without confirming with me. Thanks everyone and yahoo.

I transferred from Yahoo to Downdoggy
    The original post is somewhat old, but the topic is still fresh--at least for me. I had 13 domain names that I moved from Yahoo to DownDoggy. I saved a bundle. Woo hoo. I didn't experience any issue from Yahoo in moving the domains.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    That your WWD reseller account? Because if it's not, you can get better pricing than that elsewhere...

Just curious -
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

No. I'm just a customer. The company I work for has bought over a hundred domains from them. That's how I first knew about them.

13. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread