Thumbs up Summer Blockbuster Movies
    Hi Everyone,

I'd thought I'd add another movie post since the weather has gotten really hot and humid in Montreal, and nice air-conditioned movie theaters have become one of my many refuges

None of the big-budget movies have really attracted my interest so far, so I was wondering what movies you guys recommend? Word of mouth is the best type of review!

So far the only movie I've gone to see was "The Break-Up" and I thought it was so-so, but a little sad, better suited to a rental!

Haven't seen any new ones yet. I did rent "The Mirror Mask" the other night. That was a very interesting movie, and it wasn't half bad!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Of the major blockbuster types, I have seen Superman and Pirates of the Caribbean. I liked them both.

Superman did a good job of being a Superman movie. You can tell that it's updated and newer but it didn't go so high-tech that Superman seemed out of place. They guy playing Superman looks so much like Christopher Reeves it's a little scary.

I had heard horrible reviews for Pirates, but if you liked the first one you'll like this one. I think the major complaint was that it left you unsatisfied. Basically, because it leaves room for the sequel. Since we already know that they filmed #3 while they were filming this one, it shouldn't really come as a surprise that they would do that.

Sheri

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    X-Men 3 was a good ride. I recommend it if you like X-Men.

Going to see Pirates2 in a few days. Can't wait. I'll post again when I see it.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

You guys wanna laugh the last movie I saw in a movie house was Rocky 1 what was that 1977.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    You guys wanna laugh the last movie I saw in a movie house was Rocky 1 what was that 1977.
    Geeeze Vinny, get out and live a little LOL

Next date night, take her to a movie. Popcorn, special effects, candy ... it's all good.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Network Rep
    I saw Nacho Libre, and I thought it was hilarious. Jack Black is too funny in the movie. It's stupid, but very enjoyable. You should go see it!

I also saw Superman Returns (the non 3D version), and I thought it was great. I totally agree with Sheri, the actor looks freakishly like Christopher Reeves. It was an awesome movie, so I would definitely recommend it.

Affiliate Network Rep Brian_AffiliateFuture's Avatar
    $132 million!? That's incredible. It didn't just beat Spidey, it squashed it and sprayed RAID all over it. Let's see who will have the last laugh when Spidey 3 comes out next summer...

I personally am looking forward to Snakes On A Plane. It's going to be incredibly stupid, that you can't help but laugh. It's going to mock every blockbuster out there!!

Token "Canadian" Cool Guy Ryan@MB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_AffiliateFuture
    I personally am looking forward to Snakes On A Plane. It's going to be incredibly stupid, that you can't help but laugh. It's going to mock every blockbuster out there!!
    I can't wait to see this movie too... they have a big 40 foot movie poster outside the theatre for Snakes on a Plane that's got me excited.
    Ryan MacWha
    Merchant Manager
    [b]We’ll help you build your affiliate program[/b]
    [b][URL="http://www.maxbounty.com"]MaxBounty 2.0[/URL][/b]

I just watched A Scanner Darkly the other day and it was a very thought provoking film. It's based on a book written by the same author that did Blade Runner and Total Recall. The entire film is done in rotoscope, so they filmed it with live actors and colored over the entire movie to make it look like a cartoon. Some neat effects.

I saw Superman and enjoyed it. Kevin Spacey stole the spotlight, he was hilarious!! I loved the scene with the dog chewing on the bone when Spacey returned to his mansion, hahah!!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Thanks for the great feedback guys! I forgot all about Snakes on a Plane...I've been looking forward to that one for months! I think I'll probably go check out Superman now too, since it seems to be well-liked

I know it won't exatly be the summer blockbuster, but has anyone gone and seen Click? I've heard suprising things about it, and I'm always in the mood for a good laugh...so if you've seen it, share your two cents!

Can't wait to see Pirates 2. I loved the first one.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

Do you ever go to http://www.apple.com/trailers/ to look at movie trailers? That's how we usually find out what is coming out because we don't watch TV. We just recently saw Superman Returns and Pirates of the Caribbean 2 at the Drive-In. We really liked both of them, and Snib is right - Kevin Spacey steals the show! He is great in anything he does!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread