Affiliate Manager
    Hello and Intro
    Hello ABW.

Long time listener, first time caller. Well...maybe not long long time. Anyway, I've been doing the affiliate stuff for a year now and I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Finally realized that I need to get more involved. I've been reading the boards the past couple weeks and have finally gotten the courage to introduce myself. So if you have any comments or questions, please don't hesitate to PM me or IM at 'pbaffiliates' Y! or AOL. Be gentle with the critiques, I cry easily.

Thanks and I hope you're all well.

Scott Markman

Talking

If you're going to spam the forum trying to get affiliates to join your program - you need to talk to Haiko - the owner of the forum.

You have to pay him to do this. It is not free.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Until then... Hi! Playboy, I am Naked!

(couldn't resist this one)

Welcome to ABW, Scott

I affiliate with Playboy. I noticed in the beginning you listed individual products webmasters could display on their websites, then for a while Playboy had the advanced user option where the webmaster could browse your website for a specific product.

I noticed you had the advanced user link capability for a short while but now it's back to a number of products listed by the merchant.

Is there a reason why the advanced user option has been discontinued?
    Just curious.

Anyway, the Playboy Store offers a nice selection of products -- something for everyone
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Why don't you ADVERTISE here if you're interested in recruiting?

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Scott,

Good to hear from you, I mailed you some time back when I noticed an Adware Parasite was consistantly your number 1 "winner" , didn't hear back from you on that, but hopefully now you're on ABW you'll be able to read and learn more about this issue.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think he's spamming or anything like that. If I came to a forum and introduced myself and was an affiliate manager, I would be upfront with who I am etc. Sometimes I see posts from people who are affiliate managers but they don't list it and I have no idea who they are. It would help.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    If you're going to spam the forum trying to get affiliates to join your program - you need to talk to Haiko - the owner of the forum.

You have to pay him to do this. It is not free.
    Hola BurgerBoy,

It's not my intention to spam. I came to introduce myself and start getting more involved in the affiliate community. As I said before, I'm still trying to figure out the affiliate marketing. ABW seems like a great place to learn and communicate with the AM community.

I promise not spam and will not put a single coupon (unless asked) on ABW. Also, I will try to cut down on boob jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Until then... Hi! Playboy, I am Naked!

Bonjour nakegamer,

(couldn't resist this one)
    I'm only basing what you look like from your Avatar picture...but gross. Just Kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I'm an affiliate with Playboy. I noticed in the beginning you listed individual products webmasters could display on their websites, then for a while Playboy had the advanced user option where the webmaster could browse your website for a specific product.

I noticed you had the advanced user link capability for a short while but now it's back to a number of products listed by the merchant.

Is there a reason why the advanced user option has been discontinued?
    Just curious.
    Shalom Rhia,

Unfortunately after several attempts, we couldn't make the product linking system work with our Playboy store reporting. Just you wait though. It's been a very slow process, but hopefully in the next few days we'll have a searchable product feed available. Info should be in the next affiliate newsletter.

What kind of bees make milk?

Boo - bees

(okay that was my last boob joke)

I'm going to split this answer session up at the moment. My tummy is rumbling, so I'm going to grab a late night snack. Then I'll come back and answer part 2.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Store

What kind of bees make milk?

Boo - bees

(okay that was my last boob joke)
    Oh please feel free to post as many jokes (about boobs or anything else) as you like ... breaks up the monotony of the day and we all need a good laugh - feel free to post them in the Daily Chuckle forum (http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15) , too.

BTW - welcome to ABW.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Why don't you ADVERTISE here if you're interested in recruiting?
    Howdy webworker,

I'll look into it, but at the moment I'm not interested in advertising. I kinda just want to hang out and shoot some hoops. Maybe after basketball you, me and the rest the AM group can go inside grab some Sunny D or Purple stuff.

If our budget allows for it, we'll look into advertising. Right now, I'm just trying to fit in and learn from the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Good to hear from you, I mailed you some time back when I noticed an Adware Parasite was consistantly your number 1 "winner" , didn't hear back from you on that, but hopefully now you're on ABW you'll be able to read and learn more about this issue.

Cheers

Chris
    Bonjourno Chris,

I remember and apologize about not getting back to you. The Mansion contest was launched right at the beginning of me being added to manage the affiliate program. I don't want to use this as an excuse, but back then I didn't know any of the ins and outs of AM. At the time of the contest and your e-mail, I talked with my Linkshare rep and a couple 'yoda-like' merchant managers from other companies. A three of them said it's nothing to worry about, so I took the parasite warning with a grain of salt.

Chris, I'm looking into parasite sites now and researching. Collecting data, so I can present a report to my boss about cleaning the system of potential parasites. I've been reading over the parasite boards to gather more info and see what I'm up against.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I don't think he's spamming or anything like that. If I came to a forum and introduced myself and was an affiliate manager, I would be upfront with who I am etc. Sometimes I see posts from people who are affiliate managers but they don't list it and I have no idea who they are. It would help.
    Thank you TrustNo1. I've tried to be upfront with who I am. There are photos of me in a thong floating around the PB office. I'm not quite sure if those are the pictures you'd like to see. It looks like an alibino with a fur coat on, losing a gamble with a piece of string.

That's probably TMI. Anyway, I everyone is well.

Scott

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Chris, I'm looking into parasite sites now and researching. Collecting data, so I can present a report to my boss about cleaning the system of potential parasites. I've been reading over the parasite boards to gather more info and see what I'm up against.
    Great to hear, please do feel free to mail me any time to discuss.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I would love to see a prouct feed available through Merchandizer.

Welcome aboard Scott. Great place to read and learn.

Please have Jennifer Walcott drop by as well
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I know the names of every Playmate of the Month going back to 1955...

and NONE of them were named Scott! What a rip off

One of my sites is Vegas-specific, and since your company now has the 2nd tower at The Palms, I'll be adding you soon.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    I would love to see a prouct feed available through Merchandizer.
    Hello jackson992.

Recently, I've looked into merchandiser. Unfortunately, it's a bit out of our budget to add on the feature. If you want specific products, please let me know and I'll create a feed for you.

----------------------------------------

As for the horny buggers in the room, I've taken down all user names and contact info. Playmates are currently being sent to your houses.

Guidelines for the models are:

-no touching
    -she must be fed 5-star meals at least 3 times a day
    -twice a day, you must walk her to Prada or Gucci
    -soon after marriage, she will divorce you and take all of your money

Thanks all and enjoy the Playmates

No touching? I'm out...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I would love a feed. I do have a few of your products up but it is a chore to do them by hand, especially considering how slow LS has been lately.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Yo Matt, we have spoken before and you're an upfront dude. Welcome to the asylum.

"bit out of our budget "

We keep hearing this "out of our budget" thing.

Is there more than one "Playboy"?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread