ABW Ambassador
    Merchants could do more for themselves for seasonal surges
    There's a line toward the top of the Shareasale interface, part of which reads:

Prepare for upcoming holidays:
    It's a great idea, but IMHO it needs to be expanded and utilized far more by SAS merchants for everyone's benefit - both the merchants and partners (current and potential) as well. First off, it's not only holidays, there are a number of potentially lucrative seasonal upswings. For example, certain times of the year people will be looking for summer clothes or fall clothes, special occasion, bridal, etc.

Frankly, the idea hit because I was just looking for SAS merchants in order to update my own sites, and maybe some new possibilities to apply to, in case I've missed them. I also need to know if enough merchants are available to warrant starting development on some new sites that could have sections applicable to those listings.

It's now July, so back-to-school should already be done or done this week the latest. Sites need to start to be freshened up for fall apparel shopping, and last minute additions for summer stuff (and sales). It is definitely time to start updating pages for Fall holidays - Thanksgiving, and yes - Christmas. It definitely isn't too soon to start now, not only for gifts but for holiday decorating as well, and to find new merchants who would be good to apply for and include.

Right now there may be a couple of prominent adverts, but what would suit me personally, and probably others too, would be a simple listing of suitable merchants under each category to make the hunt easier.

Maybe there could be more than one level of seasonal announcement in those listings: - a prominent (costlier?) display ad and then some simpler listings, just so the categories are more comprehensive and useful. I feel it would not only make my life easier, in finding new merchants or recalling current ones I hadn't thought of for current and upcoming needs, but might also help merchants attract new affiliate partners by augmenting their regular SAS categorical listings.

I'm on a major hunt now for seasonal and niche merchants, both for current and upcoming sites, and thought I might as well share this need publicly since others might find this type of thing useful as well.

Right now we are are working on products for Chinese Valentines Day!
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Good points WW - it would be ideal if merchants had seasonal and holiday links and/or banners in place before affiliates start updating their sites for those holidays or seasonal jumps. Like, have Christmas links/banners available in October for those of us who are on top of such things. I will always go with the merchant who has the links I need when I need them or who have updated their sites for the approaching holiday as soon as the last holiday passes. (The next day isn't too soon).
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    (The next day isn't too soon).
    Rexanne, I think you meant.. The next days isn't too far away.

cheers!
    -nishith

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nish
    Rexanne, I think you meant.. The next days isn't too far away.

cheers!
    -nishith
    Don't know what it comes across as but what I meant was that the day after a holiday isn't too soon to have a site selling for the next holiday. I'm tired ... nobody confuse me more than I already am please ... LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I always have my best ideas for next year's holiday season the day after the holiday. That's exactly when I start thinking through changes for next year. It doesn't seem possible that the links themselves would be good, but it would be a perfect time to explore a new partnership and start planning for the future.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread