Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Commission Junction B**CH!
    Well...today I called again. Wanted to confirm what I read here about not getting rid of Legacy Links.

I was told that whoever said that this announcement was made at Affiliate Summit was sadly mistaken? What the????

Does ANYONE know what the hell is going on with this idiot company???

She was completely rude and patronizing!

I told her, "Look, get off your high horse and get someone from your ass-backward company on the forums to explain what the hell is going on."

That we, all of the supposed, "Little People" are what makes their company even exist in the first place.

She hung up on me...

They have these 20 year olds answering the phone acting as though they're the CEO.

I'm beyond pissed at this point...

Can someone clarify what is going on with the links -- yes or no with legacy sticking around.

i'm about this far fromn telling them to shove their whole network!
    I don't need their damned aggravation.

Can you tell I'm upset?! ;-)

Thanks for letting me rant/vent/explode - whatever....

ABW Ambassador
    Verbal from CJ is nothing. It's why I didn't understand everybody getting so happy. Nothing has changed until you see something official posted.

ABW Ambassador
    Why don't you follow message board protocal and reply to the existing discussion of the topic you are ranting about rather than just spamming this board with another topic? Are you someone special? You know full well nothing is official until it appears in writing.

You deserved to be hung up on.

I hope a moderator will remove this topic.

"Verbal from CJ is nothing. It's why I didn't understand everybody getting so happy. Nothing has changed until you see something official posted."

This is why I wanted to know who Brian Caldwell is, and how much his word really means. If it turns out false, Brian's going to get some heat.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

ABW Ambassador
    Brian Caldwell is the host of the Affiliate Marketing Today show on Webmaster Radio, a CJ employee. Remember the CJ podcast they had. That was him asking the questions. CJ employee asking CJ employee questions they picked out. Not answering any of the questions I had.

lol - sounds about par.

I do hope Brian has enough clout to be making statements like he did - simply b/c I want it to be true.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com

ABW Ambassador
    What statement? Can you post it word for word what he said? Quote him to the word.

No no, I'm referring to what Scooter posted the other day - that Brian mentioned there will be no end to the HTML links. That's what all of my comments/hopes are based off of.

That brings up the fact that it would be wonderful if there was an audio recording/transcript of his statement. I bet there's something floating around somewhere.

Take it down then....
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Why don't you follow message board protocal and reply to the existing discussion of the topic you are ranting about rather than just spamming this board with another topic? Are you someone special? You know full well nothing is official until it appears in writing.

No I'm not someone special jerky boy - just someone who wanted to let everyone else know what I learned today...because of the fact that a lot of people were indeed getting "happy" over the alleged comment that was reported at AF Summit.

I thought some people here might identify with the feelings - but I see someone peed in your cheerios this morning.

I don't need your crap either...don't tell me, are you a CJ cheerleader?
    Take the thread down -

I'm sorry folks - didn't know it was spamming the boards - that wasn't my intention.

ABW Ambassador
    "No no, I'm referring to what Scooter posted the other day - that Brian mentioned there will be no end to the HTML links. That's what all of my comments/hopes are based off of."

Oh I know, didn't want you take what I posted in the wrong way. I meant none of us knows exactly what was said. If he said this in front of a crowd, I figure it would be big news and posted at lots of places. It's not. I looked at various places and the only other mention was a blog and they used the words the html links will remain for the "forseeable future" and they didn't list Brian as saying it. And then if those were the words, I don't know what CJ's definition of forseeable future is. And then also sometimes someone says something and you can interpret a few different ways. Also if this was their decision, they would have let the merchants know, so the merchants can tell their affiliates so the merchants and CJ would stop getting so many emails, phone calls, postings on message boards, blogs etc. So until I see it, I don't believe it.

Didn't take it the wrong way. Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

I was initially pretty excited about the announcment, then reality started setting in as usual..

I'm still hopeful, but unless it's posted (like you mentioned), I suppose I'll keep on keeping on with what I'm currently working on (Shareasale and Indies).

edit: checking out early tonight...been a long day! Night everyone.

"She hung up on me..."

I would have hung up too.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar

Hey Snowman,

CHILL out.

This is where a lot of us come to vent/rant about our frustrations in this business. IMHO, you are way out of line telling MB that what he posted was inappropriate. He's family around here ... who are YOU?

And he most certainly did not deserve the treatment he got from CJ. None of us do ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thanks Rexanne,
    I needed that!

I'm not ALL alone at least!

Quote Originally Posted by showmethemoney
    Well...today I called again. Wanted to confirm what I read here about not getting rid of Legacy Links.

I was told that whoever said that this announcement was made at Affiliate Summit was sadly mistaken? What the????

Does ANYONE know what the hell is going on with this idiot company???

She was completely rude and patronizing!
    I'd like to add that I wouldn't have been so upset by the call had the girl who answered treated me with a little diplomacy. I called with a glimmer of hope, thinking that perhaps the whole thing was true about Legacy staying around...
    but she answered me with such a snotty tone and very condescending. As if someone instructed her to treat all phone calls this way....and probably because there are many of them coming in.

I was told by another gentleman who works for CJ - who will remain unnamed - that the link situation there is a fiasco. He said he doubted it would stay in place. He said he's never seen such a nightmare.
    I wonder if they monitor the phone calls? ouch!

I reacted badly to the woman on the phone because of her poor phone skills and an attitude that, after spending a lot of money and time on programming my current site to take java, I just didn't need to get shovel of today.

Hope this clarifies...
    I wasn't a loose cannon calling in to "make waves" - I was hoping to get confirmation to share "good news" with all of you.

ABW Ambassador
    "I was told by another gentleman who works for CJ - who will remain unnamed - that the link situation there is a fiasco. He said he doubted it would stay in place. He said he's never seen such a nightmare."

That's good to hear, no doubt it's a fiasco. There best move at this point for them is just do what many have posted already. Just post a message at CJ and make the html links the default again and then leave the javascript as an option for those who want to use it. I pretty sure it will be an extremely small percentage. And the sooner the better. For everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by showmethemoney
    Thanks Rexanne,
    I needed that!

I'm not ALL alone at least!
    No you're not and I would hate to be alone in this biz, too. ABW is a good place to rant. Some people just can't accept that we're HUMAN.

BTW - sorry I erroneously called you MB instead of SMTM ... but you knew I had your back so all's good.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Not a very nice way to respond to a fellow poster who is obviously upset over this CJ mess.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like some people need a little tutoring on their reading capabilities. My point which I thought was pretty clear was simply that starting a new topic on an issue that is being addressed on another topic is inappropriate and nothing but spam. Nowhere did I discourage the post itself.

Looks like some people need a little tutoring on their reading capabilities. My point which I thought was pretty clear was simply that starting a new topic on an issue that is being addressed on another topic is inappropriate and nothing but spam. Nowhere did I discourage the post itself.
    SMTM's post was a legitimate gripe about something that happened to him involving a company we all work with and is not being discussed in another thread. Did I miss something?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Chill man.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Put yourself in this person's situation. You don't think the thought would occur to you to make a new post after calling them and being told the same?

Is this board a place to share and even vent or a charm school military formal protocol forum?

Quote Originally Posted by dsteitz
    a charm school military formal protocol forum?

Just to put this to a rest, I hope:

Snowman is right that we do not need new threads on old topics.

Kind of a judgement call, but I would tend to think that the phone call merits a new topic and a new thread.

So, you are both right.

Let's all be friends and keep our eyes on the real enemy: The LMI.

Peace.

True. Some say it merits a new thread and others no...but that goes without saying. Just take a look at all the threads out there and imagine at the same time you have a metaphorical corn cob hidden somewhere special....Could you not also justify blasting someone and proclaim (with good reason),"This is not worthy of a new thread, Go here or there?". Anyone can stick a microscope up anyone's &%%, and use it as a justification to blast.....Just read my posts! Be happy people and have fun with each other but dont get too personal for harmony's sake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast