moneybookers
    Anyone use them?

Any complaints?

All I have to say is sometimes when I withdraw cash to my account, it may take 2 - 3 busines days, however, over the past few weeks it was been VERY slow.

I initiated a transfer on July 1 and still haven't gotten my money

What's the damn holdup??

Ah, moneybookers.

It took nearly 3 weeks to get my bank account setup with them just to get money. First bank I used the routing number wasn't in their database. Finally go the second bank going, but the reference number didn't come through. Finally had to e-mail a scanned image of bank statements etc just to get things setup.

I have found that deposits take forever. It can take up to a week. So far they have been reliable about getting the money to you, but just not very fast in doing so.

Though, in your case I would question it with their customer service tomorrow if it doesn't show up. That is over 6 business days and it should have appeared.

great...lol

i'm gonna send support an email and see what's up...let's see how fast support is...

Actually, Melty, I think they answered me within 24 hours. They were pretty good about that considering the time zone difference.

I tried them one time, but when my credit card was charged a "cash withdrawal surcharge" for using it to pay for something via MoneyBookers, I quit...

Geno

For legal reasons I wont get into it but stay the h3ll away from them. Also dont put much into an e gold account...least not more than you can stand losing.

I never maintain more than $100 balance with moneybookers. Usually around $60 or so I withdraw for the $2.39 fee they charge.

Since we have our own merchant account there really isn't too much of a need for services like paypal, moneybookers, etc.

After I emailed support last night, my money finally showed up in my account, coincidently. I guess it was in the pipe...I'm guessing July 4th slowed down the time it took to get my account...

Weird stuff...

I got a 1k bonus from a very generous ad network that showed up in moneybookers

I requested the withdrawl on July 10th and it showed up in my account July 12th!! That's faster than paypal for me!!!

Makes me wonder...Is there some kind of manual processing that could speed up/slow down transfer?

And the quick transfer took place right after i complained to customer serivce...I wonder if they had anything to do with it...

I would say July 4th slowed things down for the banks.

I requested a transfer yesterday, so I am timing it.

I had to use them once to pay a designer for some work he did for me.

All I can say is I hope I NEVER have to use them again.

Quote Originally Posted by melty
    Weird stuff...

I got a 1k bonus from a very generous ad network that showed up in moneybookers

I requested the withdrawl on July 10th and it showed up in my account July 12th!! That's faster than paypal for me!!!

Makes me wonder...Is there some kind of manual processing that could speed up/slow down transfer?

And the quick transfer took place right after i complained to customer serivce...I wonder if they had anything to do with it...
    BTW, Melty, how much did moneybookers charge you to withdraw that amount?

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    BTW, Melty, how much did moneybookers charge you to withdraw that amount?
    $2.29!

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    I would say July 4th slowed things down for the banks.

I requested a transfer yesterday, so I am timing it.
    Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by nmau
    I had to use them once to pay a designer for some work he did for me.

All I can say is I hope I NEVER have to use them again.
    What was your problem? They seem ok based on their erratic withdrawls.

I added money in... eventually.
    I told the designer I was set up and to let me know his details.
    I transfered the money - or tried to but it wouldn;t let me because I didn't have enough in the account. Now mind you, it wasn't that I didn't have enough to pay the guy - I did, it was that moneybookers picked a random number and decided that's how much I should have in there in order to be able to send the designated money and to keep the account open.

Simpler terms. Say I had to pay $100 to the designer. I couldn't just have $100 in there, I have to have something like $250 in there. The reason was I was only allowed to send a percentage of the full amount in the account as a payment. I wasn't allowed to send send everything in the account. Oh and then to that I could only send a certain amount in a month. I think the upper limit was $350 so if I had to pay anyone more than that - too bad. I think the monthly limit on outgoing payments was a maximum of around $350

If I wanted to add more funds I usually had to re-supply all my details because the system had forgotten that I had already proven I was who I said I was.

It was an absolute nightmare to use. I think I still have $100 or so in there because of that % rule. Of course I can't get that $100 out - only a % of it. Unless they have changed the way they operate that is.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread