ABW Ambassador
    Colossal Gemdreamz images in makeapage
    Richard, I need some items to put up and have the thumbnail option selected, but the images are 270x270 and they're too HUGE to use without adjusting the dimensions manually on the pages in Dreamweaver.

Are they that way on the feed also?

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hi;

Yes, this is the way they are in the feed. WE need them that size to really show the item. smaller and they don't look as attractive and pleasing to the eye for the customer.
    A neccessary evil but one we have to live with.

Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager

Fine Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby
    Gold, Silver & Platinum Jewelry

Richard@gemdreamz.com
    Gemdreamz.com
    Join Program

But shouldn't there be thumbnail sizes for when the thumbnail option is selected?

I'm a big fan of "actual size" photos myself (for jewelry in particular), but a "Click on photo for close-up view" can help a lot in inducing clickthroughs to the vendor's site.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    WE need them that size to really show the item. smaller and they don't look as attractive and pleasing to the eye for the customer.
    YOU do on YOUR site, but what are we supposed to do if WE don't on OUR sites? Some of US might not want pages that load slower than Ecomcity.

A neccessary evil but one we have to live with.
    LOL.. YOU do, WE don't.

OK;

Like i said I listen.
    Have sent a note to the webmaster and will see what it will take to get some thumbnail shots of all our images for you all.

I am on your side

Richard

Richard@gemdreamz.com
    Gemdreamz.com
    Join Program

ABW Ambassador
    Like i said I listen.
    Have sent a note to the webmaster and will see what it will take to get some thumbnail shots of all our images for you all.
    We know you listen, Richard; that's why we tell you things like this. They can run a mass resizing on all the images at once, since they're 270x270, uniform in height and width it makes things simpler for them (something like actions in Photoshop but I believe there are server-side applications that do it even easier).

I am on your side
    We know that, and we're on your side, too.

There's some really nifty gemstone stuff there, and while it would be easier to grab the links categorically if there were sub-categories, we can just use makeapage for the inidividual gems and break them down by type - necklaces, rings, etc. That's done with a lot of products in other niches, and what's nice is that we can hand choose which ones we want to display according to our own tastes and bias.

thanks;

We are doing the images now. AS soon as the new images are done I will send in a new feed and that will then be placed up for you all.

Take a look at the feed, it has sub categories such as the material used (gold, silver, Platinum)/stone/product, (ring, necklace, earring) and gold weight (14k, 18k)

Keep the suggestions coming in. I want Gemdreamz to be not only the best jewelry site online BUT a great money maker for all of you all so you will not need to look elsewhere for gems and Jewelry!

Richard

ABW Ambassador
    Some of US might not want pages that load slower than Ecomcity.
    ROFLMAOOOOO... the standard by which all pages on the web are measured!!!

Sorry Richard, it's just too, too funny thinking about it (especially at 2 am) - I just couldn't help myself.

new thumbnail images
    Hi Guys,

Sorry it took so long but the new data feed is in SAS and ready for you all to upload.

We have made all the thumbnails 100x100 so they will load fast.

Also since we had some missing images (these were products that were placed on back order and marked in the SAS feed as such but still they showed up) we have taken them off so each and every link works.

We have refined some pics so they will have your customers drolling to purchase.

If you don't have the data feed, please go in and request it and I will approve you.

Anything else? Please let me know I want this program to work for you all.

Richard Reitman

Richard@gemdreamz.com
    Gemdreamz.com
    Join Program

Thank you Richard I had wanted to use the individual product creator but am using the make a page creator til the other resumes working and glad the images are smaller. Ummm agree with the others...they were really nice pictures of the products but ummmm they were really monster size. lol Thank you very much for having the smaller ones

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread