Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Angry clicks and sales
    I think in the past 3-4 weeks cj.com had serious tracking problems. In that timespan I had very littel clicks tracked, although my private stats show increasing traffic. Also no or very little sales have been reported. Since yesterday at about 14.00 clicks are turning to normal but sales are not reported. So I think that tracking sales is still in trouble .

roland

Quote Originally Posted by Roland
    I think in the past 3-4 weeks cj.com had serious tracking problems. In that timespan I had very littel clicks tracked, although my private stats show increasing traffic. Also no or very little sales have been reported. Since yesterday at about 14.00 clicks are turning to normal but sales are not reported. So I think that tracking sales is still in trouble .

roland
    Tracking is never effected... I have seen that more than 3 x's in print so it must be true.

I think your web stats and mine must be faulty since I show the same thing..

I am a robot I am a robot I am a robot I am a.........

There are reports starting to filter in from affiliates of merchant emails claiming CJ knows about tracking/reporting problems. I'm sure there is much more than is being reported but merchants/affiliate managers don't want to publicly claim commissions are being lost because of faulty reporting. Does not make them look good to potential affiliates. However, I praise them for writing their affiliates, being up front and honest about the situation.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    There are reports starting to filter in from affiliates of merchant emails claiming CJ knows about tracking/reporting problems. I'm sure there is much more than is being reported but merchants/affiliate managers don't want to publicly claim commissions are being lost because of faulty reporting. Does not make them look good to potential affiliates. However, I praise them for writing their affiliates, being up front and honest about the situation.
    I agree.

I know there are mechants who KNOW for a fact tracking is off at CJ and are doing things on their end to try to ensure everyone is getting credit for their sales.

They don't seem to be getting much from CJ with the problem, except grief from them. I get the picture CJ doesn't want the merchants questioning their practices or taking a proactive approach to solving the problem by circumventing CJ.

At least that is the picture I am getting when I combine the info from all the emails I have received from merchants.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

roland
    I'm noticing the same thing but just in the last 3-4 days. I didn't check prior. Are you using Javascript links by any chance? Seems since I put JS links on my page, click thru dropped off in CJ's stats and so did sales. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm fairly new to CJ, and in June it was really cranking for me. What a rush. Now ... it's really discouraging when the reporting doesn't come close to matching within CJ's reports and my own data logs.

OT .... what click thru redirect script are you using? htaccess only?

Talking
    When I logged into CJ today my home page said that tracking has been out since July 9 and they were working on it and we would be notified when it had been corrected.

It also said that my e-mail address was invalid and to update my profile but yet I received e-mail from them today and it is the same e-mail address I have always had with them.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    When I logged into CJ today my home page said that tracking has been out since July 9 and they were working on it and we would be notified when it had been corrected.

It also said that my e-mail address was invalid and to update my profile but yet I received e-mail from them today and it is the same e-mail address I have always had with them.
    My CJ Alert says it occured on July 9th for 1-1/2 hrs. But from what I'm seeing in my stats it's more like what you said ... incorrectly tracking for more than 2 days.

I'm also getting that odd email message. I've read posts from others complaining about it too. It's obvious a bug in their system. My email is working fine and I get email directly from merchants all the time.

It sure would ease my mind if CJ would simply post something about all this. I'm hoping the stats will be updated soon and I'll see far more sales than I seeming which is the norm.

As usual, we got the word from our trusted merchants long before CJ. But what I find disturbing is that the merchants and affiliates are talking about one period of time and CJ is talking about a much shorter.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy

I got the same "email invalid" message from them last week too. I called CJ last Thursday, one of the rep said there are some problems with their system. She actually nicely offer to personally fix that massage for me if i wish. Otherwise just wait for them to finally get rid of the message. I said I can wait. The message still hanging there after 5 days now.
    I wish she could be nicer and told me that there will be a big mess on Sunday, so I can pull the ads out and save me a few bucks though..

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    If you go into the "edit account" area and delete the old email and add the same one, the message goes away.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    If you go into the "edit account" area and delete the old email and add the same one, the message goes away.
    I tried that but it didn't work for me. I'll give it another whirl.

So, this outage not only resulted in lost sales, but for those that pay for keywords and such, they lost twice. I had not thought of that before and wonder if CJ is even thinking of that. Wonder how CJ is going to compensate all of us for this outage?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Odd for me today. I had reported a believable amount of click throughs yesterday, based on website traffic, but a RIDICULOUSLY high number today. Even if I throw in the slight possibility of a renegade bot doing it. Page impressions (my stats, not CJ's), simply aren't high enough to indicate todays click rate. So I don't know if they are reporting back clicks, or what's up.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Noth, it is that time of the month when they figure out the commissions and our numbers go sky high for a couple of hours. Maybe that is it?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

One could hope. I just hope they are going to put something in the Sales column too
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I'm seeing very few CTs which is unusual which means very few sales. I haven't changed anything on my sites and my raw data logs indicate something completely different. This is so discouraging.

ABW Ambassador
    So, this outage not only resulted in lost sales, but for those that pay for keywords and such, they lost twice. I had not thought of that before and wonder if CJ is even thinking of that. Wonder how CJ is going to compensate all of us for this outage?
    The lost of sales is hard to calculated, but I think it will be reasonable to ask for compensation on keywords cost. What should we do?

Quote Originally Posted by atonca
    The lost of sales is hard to calculated, but I think it will be reasonable to ask for compensation on keywords cost. What should we do?
    It is unlikely anyone will be compensated for any lost sales or ad campaigns. If they are, I'd be surprised. I just wish CJ would let us know what is really going on here.

I really can't be sure about the last time this happened but I think CJ looked at everone's overall earnings for a perod of time (like a month), then calculated the average income for the outage and reimbursed everyone. I could be thinking of specific merchants, not CJ, but I do know I have been paid this way in the past for some outage.

In any case, it would be the fair thing for CJ to do. Regarding Keywords, they probably would not help anyone there.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    "Wonder how CJ is going to compensate all of us for this outage?"

CJ whistle with the next check. Those were before my time but I always wanted one.

I really can't be sure about the last time this happened but I think CJ looked at everone's overall earnings for a perod of time (like a month), then calculated the average income for the outage and reimbursed everyone. I could be thinking of specific merchants, not CJ, but I do know I have been paid this way in the past for some outage.
    Wow, that would be awesome. Although I'm new to CJ, June and up until July 9th was great. I was getting sales every day. I don't think that's too bad for a new CJ publisher? My network rating is pretty good too. No sales for me since July 9th though and CTs are way down.

Are your stats back to normal or are you seeing the same as me?

ABW Ambassador
    If they compensate before, probably thay will do this time. thanks for sharing your experience with us, 7 days. I will not ask you to dig out your last 10 years' accounting books and show us the reimbursment from cj.
    Last edited by atonca; July 12th, 2006 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typo

Choo, Choo, Choose CJ!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "Wonder how CJ is going to compensate all of us for this outage?"

CJ whistle with the next check. Those were before my time but I always wanted one.
    I've never seen those whistle and in doing a search at ABW I found a thread with images, but they are broken. http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=53510

Actually, I think we have a better chance of getting some CJ whistle blowers down the road telling us what is REALLY going on with VC and CJ.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

How many clicks per sale?

roland
    Roland, this may be a bit off track with your original post, but what kind of click to sale ratio do you experience? I've read in other posts that it can easily take 100 clicks before you get a sale... is that a good rule of thumb, or is it much more dependent on your landing page and other factors?

Talking
    I received this from one of my CJ merchants today.

CJ posted an alert in their alert status showing that reporting went down. This affected our reporting so that your numbers are not showing accuracy and should be resolved soon.
    Tracking is not affected though - right ??????

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast